• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

RocknRola

RIP Chelsea. Can't say Roma don't deserve this.

Yeah, after the 2-0 they've been pressing Chelsea really well. Fully deserved, arguably could reached the half-time already tied too.

And just as type this Chelsea ties it up! Hazard! 3-3!! Man, what a match!

RocknRola

Roma almost scored their 4th! Best game of this fixture, by far!

Meanwhile Barça, Bayern and PSG are all winning 3-0 or 0-3 as I type this.

Jarnet87

Heard United were shit but 3 points in the bag. Take care of Benfica at home and they should be in prime position to rotate the last two and still win the grp

DBT85

Heard United were shit but 3 points in the bag. Take care of Benfica at home and they should be in prime position to rotate the last two and still win the grp
Didn't get out of 2nd gear, controlled the game and benfica often had 11 behind the ball. Dull as shit as a result.

RangerX

Banned
Man united were completely awful tonight. Not a chance they're winning the champions league. I feel for that keeper, hes only 18.

Prem teams are doing surprisingly well in Europe. The Chelsea game was amazing, terrible to throw away that lead but Dzeko is a fucking beast.

Now to see if Everton can win and Arsenal can get applause for winning an easy game after losing to Watford.

NHale

Man united were completely awful tonight. Not a chance they're winning the champions league. I feel for that keeper, hes only 18.

There were people alive that even entertained the thought of Man United winning the Champions League before that game?

Man United will be out as soon as they get a tier 1 or tier 2 team in the CL knockout stages.

Zasa

This has probably been one of the most entertaining weeks of football in months. Nearly all top matchups lived up to the hype expect for Man U vs Liverpool. Not to mention a bunch of high scoring games. Pretty much every top league had at least two amazing matches this week.

Great stuff

casiopao

Juve winning against Sporting. That early goal Sporting scored was a simple anomaly :p

Juventus this season had failed to obtain clean sheet like at all. This year we are shite. Defence is aging, Buffon is aging, injuries everywhere, our new player most is still not adapted yet.

I had zero hope for deep UCL push.

DBT85

Man united were completely awful tonight. Not a chance they're winning the champions league.

Not a chance Stoke win the World Cup.
Not a chance Arsenal get top 4.

See, we can all say simple truths.

Nobody expects or expected United to win the CL.

You can tell he likes what he's hearing.

Stevie G is still only one of about 2 or 3 players I felt deserved a title that didn't get one. One other being Zola.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Stevie G is still only one of about 2 or 3 players I felt deserved a title that didn't get one. One other being Zola.

Maybe Le Tissier as well?

To flip it around I'd say Ibrahimovic probably deserved a Champions League winners medal but never got one.

DBT85

Maybe Le Tissier as well?

To flip it around I'd say Ibrahimovic probably deserved a Champions League winners medal but never got one.

Eh. Le Tiss had ability in flashes but never really did enough for me. Always loved that he could pull a screamer from nowhere though.

A personal favorite
Le-Tissier.gif

Suarez had the ability to win one, but he tried to eat his way to the top and was only here for a short time so I'd discount him. Zola and Gerrard were here for a while and were amazing players regularly.

Kyoufu

Takeover talk heating up. Formal bid from Amanda Staveley expected soon as she has apparently just signed an NDA.

Please, please let it happen.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Eh. Le Tiss had ability in flashes but never really did enough for me. Always loved that he could pull a screamer from nowhere though.

A personal favorite
Le-Tissier.gif

Suarez had the ability to win one, but he tried to eat his way to the top and was only here for a short time so I'd discount him. Zola and Gerrard were here for a while and were amazing players regularly.

I think you have to take into consideration the level of the rest of Le Tiss' teammates. He could have thrived at a bigger club with his skill and with a team that saw more of the ball. He might not have worked hard, but he was always reliable with the ball when he had it, whether he was scoring screamers or not. Also that penalty record is INSANE, 47/48.

DBT85

I think you have to take into consideration the level of the rest of Le Tiss' teammates. He could have thrived at a bigger club with his skill and with a team that saw more of the ball. He might not have worked hard, but he was always reliable with the ball when he had it, whether he was scoring screamers or not. Also that penalty record is INSANE, 47/48.

True, but he also had no desire to go anywhere else and push himself. Did he not move to a club with a better chance of doing something because he liked being the big fish, or because nobody wanted him because many felt that he was a lazy genius?

Top Bottom