• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 leaked, Oct 18, Harlem Hellfighter DLC

What are you most excited to hear about today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not how you worded your comment. I tend to make my opinions obvious and separate from actual, factual observations.

I said the reveal was worst then the Infinite Warfare reveal, because Infinite Warfare actually showed gameplay. Just a couple of days ago there were DICE employees trashing the Infinite Warfare trailer because it didn't show enough gameplay.

I never said that this is how everybody feels. If you enjoyed the trailer then good for you. I personally felt that after everything DICE has said that they would have shown actual gameplay.

Plum

what other collector's editions come with decks of cards

Witcher 3 for one, although that's Gwent and not actual cards.

Fallout: New Vegas as well:

iu

ktroopa

How have you guys been dealing with your melted Internet?

No melt here, impressive trailer but more gameplay wud have been better and especially as you have people who have played it already. In game wud have excited me more than flash movie shots

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
Guys....I need this. I must have it. So nice.

91RFsh0ACsL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm really skeptical of CE's with statues. After the RoTR, Witcher 3 and (to what's looking to be to lesser extend) Unchaterd 4 fiascos i would advice you to wait until the real production figures are out.

But for f*ng $220 i imagine that they will include something high quality.

EA has their own event before E3 i believe.

Single player at one show. MP at another is normally how Battlefeild does E3

Or they could do the half of a single player demo at one show that ends with a cliff hanger and then continue it at the later show.

EA has done double duty a bunch at E3 for games

It's interesting that they have a Lawrence of Arabia movie tiein campaign, though it's probably some gear or weapons from the movie. Anywho I'm glad I rolled out of there few minutes after the trailer. Maybe Activision got it right by just releasing the trailer. Also fucking Jose Sanchez from EP Daily, its always great to see them. Guy is hilarious.

I wonder how much of that trailer footage was from the campaign.

Or in-engine representations of the campaign.

Wasn't all of the early Battlefield 4 footage from the campaign?

Not entirely clear yet. Nirolak and I were talking about the possibility that in the game the war dragged until 1920, allowing for better tanks, artillery, rifles, etc. That would open up a lot of gear possibilities, as well as give tanks a reason to have been improved to the point of being useful.

Just speculation, of course.

There's another point: WW1 had no big finale. At some point, Germany basically ran out of men and ammunition, first. Maybe they go for two extra years to make up some big final mission, like the attack on Berlin or whatever.

This is the first Battlefield game I won't buy since Bad Company. I'm in the series for the modern setting, I never want to go back to WW2 or before then.

Really exasperated, but oh well.

Also I didn't buy Hardline, but I plan on it so I guess I count it too.

eloxx

No Season Pass?

too early for that kind of information. there will definitely be a season pass though.

also: the trailer looked sick. it was nice that they played it a second time. a bit more gameplay than just the few FPS milliseconds would have been cool.

This event was completely unnecessary. Baffles me how someone thought it was a good idea. Even worse when you think that idea was approved by so many people.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
So looks like you can ride horses in some kind of manner, nice. Wonder if you can attach grenades to them and run them into vehicles or m-com points......not that I would ever think of doing that. Ahem.

eloxx

This event was completely unnecessary. Baffles me how someone thought it was a good idea. Even worse when you think that idea was approved by so many people.

The hype leading up to the event was unreal. Also the viewer count was very high. It trended on twitter hours before it even started. Thats the kind of attention they were looking for. The actual reveal itself was not that important i feel.

MMaRsu

Banned

You think it wasnt a good idea for DICE/EA to fellate themselves?

To be true, this event is bs for the actual consumers.

Its funny tho.

NoPiece

I never said that this is how everybody feels. If you enjoyed the trailer then good for you. I personally felt that after everything DICE has said that they would have shown actual gameplay.

You are holding the whole team and game accountable for a tweet by one engineer at DICE LA asking where the CoD gameplay was. It wasn't a smart tweet, but not worth slagging DICE over, or even slagging the poor guy who probably got reamed by his co-workers as well.

You are holding the whole team and game accountable for a tweet by one engineer at DICE LA asking where the CoD gameplay was. It wasn't a smart tweet, but not worth slagging DICE over, or even slagging the poor guy who probably got reamed by his co-workers as well.

In my original post I said some of DICE's employees said, I just accidentally left that out of the post you quoted.

I was expecting actual gameplay after that shit talking that some employees of DICE did. But in reality the Battlefield 1 trailer was worst because Infinite Warfare showed significantly more gameplay. Terrible reveal from DICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom