• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA Black Friday week sales

Bought the Pinball FX2 Marvel pack, and Outrun Online yesterday, and intend to get BG&E when I get home from work. I has it on OGXB, but it's not BC and, well, 240 moon monies is too good a deal to pass up. Maybe Kill Team to compliment my semi-recent purchase of WH40K SM (must get back to that after I finish pissing about with Gears).

Was thinking about grabbing MK too, despite having UMK3 just cos I'm a sucker. Is that up or is that Monday?

LQX

And people want a all digital future on consoles. Fuck that. The fact MS can only muster 4 titles for say on this big sale days shows it wont be a pretty sight.

Beyond Good & Evil HD is mine! Just 240 MS points!

Yeah other than that, I don't think there is nothing worthwhile in this sale. Good games like Risk have gone on sale numerous times before, so that is nothing new other than the fact that it is more cheaper this time around.

Could definitely use sale for the better newer games that were released this year.

Has anyone been posting scathing remarks on Major Nelsons post?

I can't check due to it being blocked at work, but I can imagine that it could be pretty amusing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
remember its cyber monday next week, in theory, should be when the digital sales are ie xbl/psn etc

This is last years sales in comparison

11/26 - 'Splosion Man, Trials HD, Greed Corp, TMNT-TiT:RS, Credence Clearwater Revival Pack, SW:TFU: Starkiller Lightsaber (Avatar Prop), Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Xbox Original), Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox Original) - (1-Day/Black Friday Only Sale)

11/29 - Band of Bugs, Centipede & Millipede, Earthworm Jim HD, Worms 2: Armageddon

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Doesn't seem a whole lot better than this years. Bunch of XBLA stuff, some avatar junk, some DLC and a few xbox originals.

Last years is definitely better, The games and actual prices for today's deal is total bullshit

Also not sure what you're expecting, XBLM serves XBLA, DLC, avatars,themes, GOD and originals. Were you expecting movies too?

Is this US only? I'm just getting deal of the week for SEGA Rally here in the UK..
Hmmm... talking of which, Beyond Good & Evil HD is showing as 800 points. WTF?

Also not sure what you're expecting, XBLM serves XBLA, DLC, avatars,themes, GOD and originals. Were you expecting movies too?
Not expecting anything else. Just stating that the content is definitely comparable. Can't comment on the prices because I don't remember them.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hmmm... talking of which, Beyond Good & Evil HD is showing as 800 points. WTF?

Not expecting anything else. Just stating that the content is definitely comparable. Can't comment on the prices because I don't remember them.

XBLA:
-'Splosion Man - 160 Microsoft Points - 80% off
-Trials HD - 400 Microsoft Points - 66% off
-Greed Corp - 160 Microsoft Points - 80% off
-TMNT - Turtles In Time: ReShelled - 160 Microsoft Points - 80% off

Rock Band Track Packs:(Works in RB1, RB2, RB3)

-Credence Clearwater Revival Pack - 400 Microsoft Points - 75% off
Contains:
-"Bad Moon Rising"
-"Born on the Bayou"
-"Down on the Corner"
-"Fortunate Son (Original Version)"
-"Green River"
-"I Heard It Through the Grapevine"
-"Lookin' Out My Back Door"
-"Proud Mary"
-"Run Through the Jungle"
-"Travelin' Band"
-"Up Around the Bend"
-"Who'll Stop the Rain"

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed:
-Starkiller Lightsaber - 160 Microsoft Points - 60% off

Xbox Original Games:-Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 400 Microsoft Points - 66% off
-Halo: Combat Evolved - 400 Microsoft Points - 66% off

Great prices on great games. This year, shit prices on meh games

Is this US only? I'm just getting deal of the week for SEGA Rally here in the UK..

Go to the Games tab and scroll accross and you should see an orange panel saying "Thanks to the Fans sale" or words to that effect.

DotW was in Spotlight, but the other sale items are only in the games tab.

Not sure about Black Friday stuff till I get home. I'm sure someone else will point out where they can be found.

BGE does on sale on Monday. Read the OP.

Was a bit confused by this bit:

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals according to Inside Xbox video:

Mortal Kombat for 400msp (50%)
BGE: HD for 240msp (70%)
MvsC2 for 320? (73% of 1200 is 324)
And of coarse Risk for 200msp (75%)

Reads like the stuff there is available on both days. Ah well, will be patient.

Mupod

I really want Lords of Shadow's DLC, Strania, and Bulletstorm PC's DLC, but they all seem to be allergic to discounts. Funny since Bulletstorm itself is bargain bin now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
so, summer of arcade stuff went on sale last black friday, this year, same thing is happening, only on monday

There is no summer of arcade stuff on sale this year (unless you mean MvC2) which I believe was on sale during Christmas in the past

Mrbob

Console DD only future is going to suck. 25 percent off base Fallout 3? Not even the GOTY edition? Lol worthy indeed. You can get New Vegas and every piece of DLC on Steam for 17 bucks. Lack of sale items is pathetic too. Blow out your older collection of XBLA games.

Step it up, MS.

ShaneB

Console DD only future is going to suck. 25 percent off base Fallout 3? Not even the GOTY edition? Lol worthy indeed. You can get New Vegas and every piece of DLC on Steam for 17 bucks. Lack of sale items is pathetic too. Blow out your older collection of XBLA games.

Step it up, MS.

This is depressing indeed. What a sad state of "sales"

Grisby

Sorry sales. Thats fine with me though as I still have Ms spolsion man, Castlevania SON, and MM Clash of Heroes to play through.

Anyone know if they fixed the issue in BG&E where you could not invert the camera? (Haven't even tried the demo to know if that's true - but I read it on GAF so it must be so...) Would love to have the HD version for three bucks if I can't invert then it's essentially unplayable for me.

Mupod

Anyone know if they fixed the issue in BG&E where you could not invert the camera? (Haven't even tried the demo to know if that's true - but I read it on GAF so it must be so...) Would love to have the HD version for three bucks if I can't invert then it's essentially unplayable for me.

Ah crap, now I remember why I didn't buy it before.

Just did some googling and apparently you can invert but only both X and Y or not at all. Sorry but Homey don't play that. What a bonehead oversight by the devs. I might check the demo and see if I can wrap my brain around it.

Hey You

Maybe on Cyber monday but..

Come on MS, Put your games and DLC on sale you cheap bastards. Look at the price at the Halo 3 map packs still.

Gaspode_T

Yeah honestly I have been checking PSN Store nearly daily and besides PSN Plus the sales over there are a little bit weaker overall, Neo Geo games etc would be awesome if they heavily discounted them

The reason Full House Poker and Warhammer Kill Team are Black Friday is that both are extremely popular and selling fine without a sale at all. The 1 day sale is the only time they will put something like that on sale.

I thought the BGE HD was a pretty big megaton, the game is worth 240 pts even if you do nothing but run around the first area taking pictures and listening to the music.

Step it up, MS.

And so many folks on here are quick to go "Physical media is dead! LONG LIVE DD". Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Top Bottom