• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSX |OT| Modern Boardfare

MMaRsu

Banned
Hahah awesome.. :p although most of my racing scores suck, but some are good. I'm more of a Tricky kind of guy, but you pretty much need a perfect run if you want to get really high scores. I should get back up on that mountain tonight though! :)

Also, who here from gaf has me on their Ps3 friends list? Honestly so many people added me after SSX launched, most gaffers included GAF SSX or something similar in the message though :).

AndyD

aka andydumi
I have had you on there before SSX I think. And you do dominate some tracks.

I am just now getting to higher levels, I finally have a lvl 9 character, almost 10 and holy crap there is no way to compete with lower level characters on GEs. Now at 9 I am getting close to points and times needed but obliterating my previous scores by huge margins.

It sucks because if you don't have a lot of time to play and don't have maxed out characters you cant really compete with the high tiers of the GEs. But I am skirting by on silvers and accumulating money. And doing geotag raids for 200-300k experience per run. How significant is the +5/10/15 stat difference at level 10 for characters? I have my favorites but they are not the best suited for anything, they are more all-arounders. Will I be at a gross disadvantage by using an all-around character?

I do have some suggestions for changes:
- when looking at an event/GE/challenge show my own best time vs. the goal on all screens.
- when finishing a run and before going to the next, have a quick rider/equipment change screen. Pressing triangle once in the drop (after loading) just makes you exit which causes more loading and loses your place.
- allow us to disable auto-save or select when to auto-save. Right now on PS3 it takes 3-5 seconds to auto save every time we restart a drop (in addition to the 3-5 loading seconds), even if nothing changed. That's time that adds up a lot.
- change the ghosts to a non save file, or limit its size. It kills PS+ game save storage and its not even the main save file for the game.

I have had you on there before SSX I think. And you do dominate some tracks.

I am just now getting to higher levels, I finally have a lvl 9 character, almost 10 and holy crap there is no way to compete with lower level characters on GEs. Now at 9 I am getting close to points and times needed but obliterating my previous scores by huge margins.

It sucks because if you don't have a lot of time to play and don't have maxed out characters you cant really compete with the high tiers of the GEs. But I am skirting by on silvers and accumulating money. And doing geotag raids for 200-300k experience per run. How significant is the +5/10/15 stat difference at level 10 for characters? I have my favorites but they are not the best suited for anything, they are more all-arounders. Will I be at a gross disadvantage by using an all-around character?

I do have some suggestions for changes:
- when looking at an event/GE/challenge show my own best time vs. the goal on all screens.
- when finishing a run and before going to the next, have a quick rider/equipment change screen. Pressing triangle once in the drop (after loading) just makes you exit which causes more loading and loses your place.
- allow us to disable auto-save or select when to auto-save. Right now on PS3 it takes 3-5 seconds to auto save every time we restart a drop (in addition to the 3-5 loading seconds), even if nothing changed. That's time that adds up a lot.
- change the ghosts to a non save file, or limit its size. It kills PS+ game save storage and its not even the main save file for the game.
In talking to one of the devs, it sounds like not very. Basically those numbers are negligible once you've got high end gear, boards and mods.

Hahah awesome.. :p although most of my racing scores suck, but some are good. I'm more of a Tricky kind of guy, but you pretty much need a perfect run if you want to get really high scores. I should get back up on that mountain tonight though! :)

Also, who here from gaf has me on their Ps3 friends list? Honestly so many people added me after SSX launched, most gaffers included GAF SSX or something similar in the message though :).

I just recently added you like 1 day ago?

side note: any gaffers wanna add me go ahead. Psn: killthem16. I enjoy having scores to aspire to. Like MMARSU DAMMIT and swiftrunner. Whoever that is is amazing.

MMaRsu

Banned
I just recently added you like 1 day ago?

side note: any gaffers wanna add me go ahead. Psn: killthem16. I enjoy having scores to aspire to. Like MMARSU DAMMIT and swiftrunner. Whoever that is is amazing.

Good stuff man :). I'm happy to add any new friends, so I just accept everybody anyway lol.
I would love it if somebody could break my tricky score on Serenity so I could have something to work for, but then again I'm pretty proud of where it's at right now and the only way for me to break it would be to get lvl 11 on eddie.

Good stuff man :). I'm happy to add any new friends, so I just accept everybody anyway lol.
I would love it if somebody could break my tricky score on Serenity so I could have something to work for, but then again I'm pretty proud of where it's at right now and the only way for me to break it would be to get lvl 11 on eddie.

What's the score I just got 19 mil so I'm proud of that lol

edit just saw it. Eff you I'll never beat that.

MMaRsu

Banned
What's the score I just got 19 mil so I'm proud of that lol

edit just saw it. Eff you I'll never beat that.

Haha... It's funny when people get mad :p. But 19 mil is great man keep it up, I did that with a lvl 10 character so obviously it's going to be much better than with a lvl 5 or lvl 9 character even.

I was actually thinking about trying to beat the score a while back. But damn that would require pretty much a perfect run on my part, it's just not worth the time. (And agony.)

On a side note, I actually didn't think that leveling up to 11 was all that hard. Sure it was boring but it took about and hour and half for each character. (Moby and Ty if you insist on knowing.) Just go geotag hunting and it should be fine, the runs where the high roller GE's are located are usually littered with them. For example, Boris in Siberia, I would bet money that Morning Tiger in New Zeeland have lots of them lying around as well.

Bgamer90

Banned
d-padlogo-1.jpg

The D-Pad: Episode #14 -- SSX

Minamu

I managed to get my time down to about 1:47 on JT2 which was a 10 second improvement thanks to the windsuit. Then I see swiftrunner I believe, with 1:28... I've given up on getting crazy scores and lap times especially. However, I just managed to get the I ain't afraid of snow ghost trophy which felt good. Only 25% left to platinum with 60 drops explored xD

Any tips for knocking over 25 riders in world tour? I'm at 10 now from knocking over Griff mostly. Also, do I need to finish an event after each knock down or can I restart each time? The race event where you need armor due to tons of rocks is great because with some luck, you'll run into Griff within 5 meters.

Tokubetsu

I managed to get my time down to about 1:47 on JT2 which was a 10 second improvement thanks to the windsuit. Then I see swiftrunner I believe, with 1:28... I've given up on getting crazy scores and lap times especially. However, I just managed to get the I ain't afraid of snow ghost trophy which felt good. Only 25% left to platinum with 60 drops explored xD

Any tips for knocking over 25 riders in world tour? I'm at 10 now from knocking over Griff mostly. Also, do I need to finish an event after each knock down or can I restart each time? The race event where you need armor due to tons of rocks is great because with some luck, you'll run into Griff within 5 meters.

Just run into them.

Ugh, trying to get better at tricks but I can't seem to improve. Do you have to have a level 10 character to get a really high score? I've been doing the free global even thats about to close but I can't break 5million when bronze is 6 mill and some freak has 57 mil for the top score.

Ugh, trying to get better at tricks but I can't seem to improve. Do you have to have a level 10 character to get a really high score? I've been doing the free global even thats about to close but I can't break 5million when bronze is 6 mill and some freak has 57 mil for the top score.

I was getting about 40 million on Bulldog in the demo with a level 1 character I think.

MMaRsu

Banned
I was actually thinking about trying to beat the score a while back. But damn that would require pretty much a perfect run on my part, it's just not worth the time. (And agony.)

On a side note, I actually didn't think that leveling up to 11 was all that hard. Sure it was boring but it took about and hour and half for each character. (Moby and Ty if you insist on knowing.) Just go geotag hunting and it should be fine, the runs where the high roller GE's are located are usually littered with them. For example, Boris in Siberia, I would bet money that Morning Tiger in New Zeeland have lots of them lying around as well.

Good to know I can still beat your lvl 11 scores with my lvl 10 rider then :p. How is it agony to trick on Serenity? I love it :p.

I got most of my knockdowns on the Griff challenge in Patagonia, don't remember the name of the run. You face Moby, Psymon and Griff's ghost anyway. Try that race and just steer left from the get go, often times you'll hit another rider.

Good to know I can still beat your lvl 11 scores with my lvl 10 rider then :p. How is it agony to trick on Serenity? I love it :p.

Damn you! It's agony in the sense that trying to beat your score will take away my will to live. I'll take back the top spot in the trick its eventually, you'll see. :p

By the way, the Mass Effect board must be the best trick board in the game. Bought a lvl 11 trick board for 4 million credits and the ME3 one is still better thanks to its trick bonus.

red731

I managed to get my time down to about 1:47 on JT2 which was a 10 second improvement thanks to the windsuit. Then I see swiftrunner I believe, with 1:28...

Yeah, about that....I really like wingsuits and when I am flying, I am flying to try to be the best :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
New lighting?

Also, will the ME boards ever come back for sale? I am just now getting a to a higher level.

soultron

Banned
Bgamer90, loved the show! I wish more gaming shows would have challenges like that! :] When I get home I'll add it to the reviews section in the OP.

Man... Exams are almost starting. After they're done I'M BACK!

Minamu

I don't get it, I've been stuck at 93% super uber tricks for the longest time now. Just found out about doing OO, square square and triangle triangle for three more special grinds but they didn't count. I've done all unique ubers and I'm dead certain I've done all of these:
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/ssx/147489-trick-list.html
Apart from doing left hand on right side etc but does that even count? I recognize all the trick names.

Edit: It was an uber trick and that solved everything ^^

What the fuck is with Death Zone? I can do a perfect run but Griff is godly and I can't beat him. He'll even fall off cliffs but teleport back in front of me, WTF.

What the fuck is with Death Zone? I can do a perfect run but Griff is godly and I can't beat him. He'll even fall off cliffs but teleport back in front of me, WTF.

Just try to get through full runs and learn the course. He actually trips and stops at two or three points. I kept restarting after falling behind in the beginning but after doing like 3 or so full runs to learn the course I crushed him.

http://www.ea.com/ssx/blog/travis-eddie-now-free-to-all-ssx-players

Free DLC available on PSN and Live:
- Both Eddie and Travis Rice
- Character-specific ultimate snowboards
- Level 4 Geotag
HOLY SHIT

Xbox Live Marketplace link for the lazy:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/SSX-Mt-Fuji-Friends-Pack/7c80140c-f539-4ddb-b97f-31e8cc43e763

Says it includes Mt Fuji too

Edit: now the line about Mt Fuji is gone, guess someone screwed up. Unfortunately I dont think I got it in time

Edit edit: Or did I? So confusing

5vv1k.jpg

Edit: now the line about Mt Fuji is gone, guess someone screwed up. Unfortunately I dont think I got it in time

It was probably just a typo in the description and was never in the download. I thought Eddie would be a paid download at some point (glad to be wrong there) but I don't see Mt. Fuji being free (would be glad to be wrong there, too).

Edit: I saw the Mt. Fuji & Friends name too but it changed to Boards & Riders when I downloaded it and now just see Boards & Riders. Guess we know what the name of the next DLC is going to be.

soultron

Banned
Told you guys it would probably be released for free! :p (And, no, I didn't know about this at all beforehand!)

The SSX team are good people. They fought to get a decent online pass that enabled 99.99% of the full online experience, and they're giving the content that was originally paid to us now too!

Told you guys it would probably be released for free! :p (And, no, I didn't know about this at all beforehand!)

The SSX team are good people. They fought to get a decent online pass that enabled 99.99% of the full online experience, and they're giving the content that was originally paid to us now too!

Any idea if Mt Fuji will be free anytime soon?

Odd my download seems to be called Mt Fuji and friends pack, sweet! (I think!)

soultron

Banned
Any idea if Mt Fuji will be free anytime soon?

Odd my download seems to be called Mt Fuji and friends pack, sweet! (I think!)

For whatever reason, plans seemed to have changed last minute. I still think we'll get it free eventually, yeah, but I'm not privy to that information. I'm just guessing. :p

MMaRsu

Banned
Dont see it on eu psn yet :(. Gonna beat all my previous tricky scores now that im lvl 11 with Eddie. See y'all on the slopes!

Already beat that bulldog score from grassclipper and just beat my old serenity score. I Cant Stop Who Gon Stop Me blasting through my speakers.

soultron

Banned
Hey dudes!

Just wanted to give you a heads up that some people have been reporting occasional freezes when collecting geotags with LV11 characters. So, to avoid this, don't pick up GTs with 11s. The team has assured me that they're working to fix this ASAP!

I know this is frustrating because some people use the "high LV GT collection -> Next run lower LV gets GT EXP" method to level their lower characters, but I'd just say stick to using 10s for this method right now.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well if a patch is coming ask them if it's possible to let us choose weather conditions? Or the possibility to include the ssx soundtrack in your playlist?

Top Bottom