• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

yx7VZU.gif
Dat TNA camera work

xviper

can you create a lobby, invite your friend and other random players online can join you like the older wwe games ??

dubq

Holy fuck, the load times on the PS4 version are worse than ever. Everything from the main menu to playing a match to editing an entrance takes for-fucking-ever.

Why does it say Shane McMahon above HBK? Is that like who he currently targeting or something?

Edit: I see in the other gifs yea looks like it's other wrestlers in the match, funny though that before context I didn't put it past the game to be that stupid that it says the wrong/random name. :p

Why does it say Shane McMahon above HBK? Is that like who he currently targeting or something?

Edit: I see in the other gifs yea looks like it's other wrestlers in the match, funny though that before context I didn't put it past the game to be that stupid that it says the wrong/random name. :p

I watched that stream live and didn't put it together until reading this post. This whole time I've been thinking "wow this game is so glitched it can't even get the wrestlers name right" and just accepted it

Hasney

cdkeys has this for $35 but it is a Euro key. Any problem buying it and using a VPN to unlock?

Yeah, that works. I've done it 3 or 4 tikes, but I have heard rumblings of steam account bans before for doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyDZIHo_Nfc
For those that missed nL's clusterfuck of a midnight stream they've put together a glitch/other assorted moments compilation. Enjoy.

Not letting this die at the bottom of a page!

I watched that stream live and didn't put it together until reading this post. This whole time I've been thinking "wow this game is so glitched it can't even get the wrestlers name right" and just accepted it

Haha, so sad that this is what it has come to for these games, we have such low expectations a glaring 'error' like that just seems like par the course lols.

HT UK

Holy fuck, the load times on the PS4 version are worse than ever. Everything from the main menu to playing a match to editing an entrance takes for-fucking-ever.

Ugh, this was one of the main things I was hoping they'd improve

El-Suave

Every year they‘re behind on music and ring gear. How on earth can you not shift your production pipeline to at least try to be a bit more current?

Hasney

Every year they‘re behind on music and ring gear. How on earth can you not shift your production pipeline to at least try to be a bit more current?

Things change all the time though, so it will always be a bit behind. That said, I dont understand why music with no entrance changes dont happen. Like I can understand why we dont have Corbin's new entrance, but the slight change to Seth's music and the Uso's music? Even in a patch?

Even worse, in 2k15, the new trons and music for Dean and Seth were in the files for the PC version, but unelectable.

Hasney

I've noticed real tag teams aren't used in MyPlayer. I'm sure Noam Dar and Tyler Breeze would be a fine tag team, but Breeze has a partner.

Also, I think the game has forgotten I won Money in the Bank since I had an interview with Renee. More broken than Matt Hardy

Recall

These are lazily made games where they just hope the roster size is enough to cover up the years and years worth of issues.

It's still a real shame WWE All-Stars sold so poorly as that game was actually fun to play.

DJKhaled

Only played a bit of the game since my gf wanted to play with the women wrestlers and I have to let her win because she rage quits. But tomorrow I'll have a good play of it. So far it seems like an improvement on last years. It's cool to see Barron Blade as an agent backstage now.

Hasney

Only played a bit of the game since my gf wanted to play with the women wrestlers and I have to let her win because she rage quits. But tomorrow I'll have a good play of it. So far it seems like an improvement on last years. It's cool to see Barron Blade as an agent backstage now.

Wait unil you get aborted feuds, game forgetting you hold the briefcase, nonsensical promos, wrestlers backstage talking about the wrong person and glitched objectives not letting you progress until something clicks just right as well as tag teams not tagging with their partners.

The ideas to shake up the mode were right, but it's somehow even more buggy than the gameplay engine.

Buy the ladder OMG moment. It seems to be the only thing that triggers the MITB objective.

EDIT: Oh hey, a month later it remembered I won MITB.

DynamicG

Got to play this for a while with a friend who got the deluxe edition. It's the jankiest this has been, but I had a lot of fun with it. Only had a few crazy glitches.

8 player matches seem to run really poorly though, felt very sluggish. I'm hoping that is not a preview of this game will run on Switch.

And for all the Vader marks out there, he's got the complete early 1990's WCW entrance with the mask shooting smoke and everything. Stuff like that makes up for a lot of the glitchyness for me.

Man I've really wanted to play a good wrestling game for a few years now. It's a shame that the reactions around here aren't very good at all. Hopefully they can put out a good game soon

AberLink

Man I've really wanted to play a good wrestling game for a few years now. It's a shame that the reactions around here aren't very good at all. Hopefully they can put out a good game soon

GAF hates this series and will forever be hung up on No Mercy, which I’m sure most people haven’t played in decades. I played it a couple years ago and it’s so incredibly outdated that it ruined my own nostalgia for it.

There are definitely glitches here and there, but it doesn’t ruin the game.

I am impressed with what they’ve done this year with the lighting changes and other minor touches. Like I’ve seen it referred to elsewhere on the internet (which I agree with), this is the Here Comes the Pain of the 2K series. Please don’t read that as “this is Here Comes the Pain”. Given all of the features, wrestlers and gameplay mechanics, we have a solid ‘simulation’ wrestling game this year.

If you’re a wrestling fan and have wrestling fan friends you can play this with, it’s a total blast. They do a great job emulating what you see on TV. It definitely isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be, but it is far from perfect.

Hasney

Unless you have friends to okay with, it's pretty garbage. Same as the last few games, now brining back the carry thing. Still play No Mercy and Day of Reckoning 2 in emulators a lot at least.

Hasney

Chris Jericho is my tag partner, but I'm tagging with Jey Uso at Backlash against Jason Jordan and Scott Dawson.

Come on, game. It can't be that hard.

GAF hates this series and will forever be hung up on No Mercy, which I’m sure most people haven’t played in decades. I played it a couple years ago and it’s so incredibly outdated that it ruined my own nostalgia for it.

There are definitely glitches here and there, but it doesn’t ruin the game.

I am impressed with what they’ve done this year with the lighting changes and other minor touches. Like I’ve seen it referred to elsewhere on the internet (which I agree with), this is the Here Comes the Pain of the 2K series. Please don’t read that as “this is Here Comes the Pain”. Given all of the features, wrestlers and gameplay mechanics, we have a solid ‘simulation’ wrestling game this year.

If you’re a wrestling fan and have wrestling fan friends you can play this with, it’s a total blast. They do a great job emulating what you see on TV. It definitely isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be, but it is far from perfect.

This, absolutely this.

Things change all the time though, so it will always be a bit behind. That said, I dont understand why music with no entrance changes dont happen. Like I can understand why we dont have Corbin's new entrance, but the slight change to Seth's music and the Uso's music? Even in a patch?

Even worse, in 2k15, the new trons and music for Dean and Seth were in the files for the PC version, but unelectable.

Because every year people like you will buy and support the developers. Why must they work hard if fans will still support them?

Hasney

Weird how it's thought that it's a GAF thing when 2k17 got a 67 on OpenCritic. They're fun games to kiss about with and break with friends, but they're just not good.

Because every year people like you will buy and support the developers. Why must they work hard if fans will still support them?

I didn't buy it, I got it for my birthday.

GAF hates this series and will forever be hung up on No Mercy, which I'm sure most people haven't played in decades. I played it a couple years ago and it's so incredibly outdated that it ruined my own nostalgia for it.

There are definitely glitches here and there, but it doesn't ruin the game.

I am impressed with what they've done this year with the lighting changes and other minor touches. Like I've seen it referred to elsewhere on the internet (which I agree with), this is the Here Comes the Pain of the 2K series. Please don't read that as ”this is Here Comes the Pain". Given all of the features, wrestlers and gameplay mechanics, we have a solid ‘simulation' wrestling game this year.

If you're a wrestling fan and have wrestling fan friends you can play this with, it's a total blast. They do a great job emulating what you see on TV. It definitely isn't as bad as people are making it out to be, but it is far from perfect.
Yes, it's only GAF who thinks these games are shit.
b0266e09b2.PNG

67fcd414cf.PNG

d96642cc01.PNG

f4d9f8ff86.PNG

0a331bfd69.PNG

955ea44139.PNG

f807803db3.PNG

Also, I'm a HCTP guy. These newer games are incredibly unfun to play unless you're encountering the glitches.

Hasney

Talk to Sin Cara
"Kofi is talking crap about you"
OK, got a task for next week
Promo next week, call out Big E. OK, not the guy, but kind of makes sense
Sin Cara waiting backstage
"Baron Corbin is still talking about, you better go out and cut the mother of all promos"
...OK?
Only option is to leave the arena and advance time

Fire Pro World if you want to play a modern game.

No Mercy, KoC 2, VPW2, and DoR2 for your older game fix.

HCTP and All Stars for more arcady fun.

Hasney

Talk to Sin Cara
"Kofi is talking crap about you"
OK, got a task for next week
Promo next week, call out Big E. OK, not the guy, but kind of makes sense
Sin Cara waiting backstage
"Baron Corbin is still talking about, you better go out and cut the mother of all promos"
...OK?
Only option is to leave the arena and advance time

Call out Dash Wiper next week for some reason
Sin Cara waiting for me after
We talk about how TJP knew my plan

Game has Alzheimer's

CookTrain

Just fired up Day of Reckoning 2 for a quick TLC match. I forgot how good it was to have tables that aren't just static things that lock animations, that you can actually freely manipulate people on.

I really hope 2K sees a massive overhaul soon, but then I hoped going to 2K in the first place was going to be that overhaul.

Makes me sad that we're almost a decade removed from Euphoria showing the future of animation and Yukes have confined us to crap like OMG moments instead of dynamic madness.

Top Bottom