• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei Community Thread: Be Your True Demon

asagami_

Banned
Pray from Digital Devil Saga is a beautiful song, so I don't understand why Atlus USA replaced it (and the european version conserved it). Time to replay the first game oh yeah.

Joqu

Pray from Digital Devil Saga is a beautiful song, so I don't understand why Atlus USA replaced it (and the european version conserved it). Time to replay the first game oh yeah.

Funny, while I first bought the european version I think I like Danger more.

Joqu

I can't believe QDS Avatar Tuner vol.2 finally exists as a thing. It's been so long I forgot it was getting translated. At this rate it'll be 2028 by the time vol.3-5 are even out.

Cool. Still haven't bought a copy of the first one, but I guess I should considering vol.2 is happening. I wasn't sure it was actually going to pan out. Dunno if I'll dig it, but I adore the Digital Devil Saga games so I feel I need to support something like this.

The first volume is very much in line with the story of the games, it starts to deviate at around the second if I recall correctly.

I just hope they keep translating them. But like it's been over 3 years.

It's a bit different but yeah, it starts to really diverge toward the end of the first volume.

That reminds me to ask Kevin Frane about something later on in the series…

Golnei

Greek mythology introduces the goddess of agriculture, Demeter, under many facets, like that of Zeus's wife or Persephone's mother. Demeter's image is widely regarded as that of an adult woman, but this game portrays her as a little girl. Her unusual appearance was for me a glimpse into the appeal of the game's setting, but since this isn't really a traditional look of hers, I had quite some trouble coming up with a design.

I...see?

asagami_

Banned
I wonder if we are going to see something about the SMT Switch project in the Nintendo direct today. I mean, I know Dragon Quest XI was announced before a lot of other games, but wasn't shown in the January event, but for some reason Atlus shown the teaser for a unexpected project at the time.

Many people in other threads are saying this Nintendo direct is going to be the more important from this year, so to see a continuation of everything we saw in the Janurary event sounds like a possibility.

Hylian7

I wonder if we are going to see something about the SMT Switch project in the Nintendo direct today. I mean, I know Dragon Quest XI was announced before a lot of other games, but wasn't shown in the January event, but for some reason Atlus shown the teaser for a unexpected project at the time.

Many people in other threads are saying this Nintendo direct is going to be the more important from this year, so to see a continuation of everything we saw in the Janurary event sounds like a possibility.

I seriously, seriously, doubt it, but I want to believe there is a chance. I still think at most we get a slightly more informative teaser trailer than the one we got in January, or maybe something like the first SMTIV trailer we got.

There's so much shit that is highly likely to be there, plus what we already know, that I really doubt that we will see SMT Switch.

They might mention SJ Redux though.

asagami_

Banned
I seriously, seriously, doubt it, but I want to believe there is a chance. I still think at most we get a slightly more informative teaser trailer than the one we got in January, or maybe something like the first SMTIV trailer we got.

There's so much shit that is highly likely to be there, plus what we already know, that I really doubt that we will see SMT Switch.

They might mention SJ Redux though.

I don't mind a teaser, in fact. I think the game will be a 2018 Fall game, or early 2019, maybe lol.

Hylian7

I don't mind a teaser, in fact. I think the game will be a 2018 Fall game, or early 2019, maybe lol.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind it either, but I don't even expect a teaser at this thing.

Then again this game existing and using UE4 was a huge surprise in the first place.

So it will be summer 2019 for the West then, got it.

Fyrion

Currently playing P2 eternal punishment. I have a question: Does asking for information to contracted demons have any usefulness?.

Fyrion

Huh, then I suppose that going all OCD into befriending demon wasn´t for naught after all. Although, I barely made progress across main story due to that though.

asagami_

Banned
I was playing the EOV demo and suddenly I was wondering if SJR is going to be have a faster dungeon exploration, because, duh, surely is based in the latest EO games.

Looks like you can "run" in SJR, but I can't tell if is as fast like in EOV: https://youtu.be/rcy1EvrKSoY?t=1m41s

Still, it's a improvement over the original game.

Hylian7

I was playing the EOV demo and suddenly I was wondering if SJR is going to be have a faster dungeon exploration, because, duh, surely is based in the latest EO games.

Looks like you can "run" in SJR, but I can't tell if is as fast like in EOV: https://youtu.be/rcy1EvrKSoY?t=1m41s

Still, it's a improvement over the original game.
That's also the first time I have seen footage of the save anywhere functionality. It looks like there is some kind of difference between a regular save (probably terminal) and field save, but I couldn't really tell what it was. At first I thought it might be just a temp save for being able to shut off the system, but that doesn't appear to be the case since he field saved, talked up Demonee-Ho, then had that battle, lost, loaded up the field save and was back at Demonee-Ho.

Kanbari you mean? Yeah. There are a lot 3D debuts there, or at least many whose only 3D appearances were NINE or Imagine such as Kresnik, Sleipnir, and Hathor.

Lynx_7

The game looks pretty decent for what it is, and I like how expressive the demons are, been missing that since Nocturne. I guess that's more or less a barometer of what we can expect from SMT HD in therms of visuals. I'm pleased.

Hylian7

The game looks pretty decent for what it is, and I like how expressive the demons are, been missing that since Nocturne. I guess that's more or less a barometer of what we can expect from SMT HD in therms of visuals. I'm pleased.

Yeah, I think that and the 3D models from Persona 5 will definitely get reused.

I'm more curious about that mobile game. One of the trailers had an actual dungeon, and I'm curious where that was. I hope that game comes to the US, but I doubt it.

Did they mention anything about the FTP aspect of it? I was watching the footage and noticed that there seemed to be a step counter - wondering if it's just a stamina cooldown deal

Golnei

If nothing else, the mobile game has restored the size of Thor's thighs to pre-Persona 5 levels.
th0.png

th1.png
th2..png

Hylian7

I'm not trying to get my hopes up, but they suuuuuuuure are talking about a lot of Kaneko demons...
thinking.gif

Never mind, seems like some kind of "name the demon" trivia for the chat? I see Apocalypse and SJR demons.

Top Bottom