• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid with stutter astounds judges on The Voice (great GIF potential)

Status
Not open for further replies.
iFr8igt.gif

giphy.gif

Son Of D

Well, looks like that gif will get a lot of use soon. I'm guessing there are users already photoshopping CEO heads onto it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They also make it so the audience can't see them either so it truly is all based on their voice. Then someone can come on dressed up as Mr Blobby and shock everyone, and not just the judges, when they turn around.

kirblar

so what's the science behind not stuttering while singing?
Two different parts of the brain. You can be great at one and terrible at the other because they don't use the same processes. (example: rappers who can't sing and vice versa) Gabby Giffords can still sing well even though her speech is impaired from her injury.

Sheytan

I am amazed every single time when I see a case of a stutterer being able to sing flawlessly. There is a guy at my mom and dad's church who is the exact same way. He can barely speak, it's torture for both him and an audience listening to him try to say just about anything, but when he goes up front and sings it is just amazing. Not a single stutter at all.

Many people who stutter don't stutter at all when they sing

SirCheese

My uncle is professional musician and has a stutter. Can't hear it when he sings but it's quite noticeable when he talks.

I stutter (about as much he does), but I have the worst singing voice of all time :(

Why does Seal's face look like it was mauled by a tiger?

Dilly

Banned
You know what you're saying beforehand.
I have a stuttering problem, and it dissapears when singing or talking in english (spanish is my mother tongue). It's kinda funny actually.
The thing is in some cases stuttering is not physical, but psychological.

I thought it also had something to do with singing using a different part of the brain compared to just normal speech.

Hagi

Good for him. Aussie Voice seems way more dramatic than the UK one. Wtf is that dude from Good Charlotte doing on it lol

I stutter (about as much he does), but I have the worst singing voice of all time :(

Why does Seal's face look like it was mauled by a tiger?

6WXFJPv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom