• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

How's this done? I have some international buyers and I'd like to help them get packages in as cheaply as possible.
I'm not saying this is what occurred, but often on eBay I will be asked to state a lower value on customs forms and/or put it as a gift. Which is customs fraud.

shandy706

Very Positive Seller Feedback for SevenDevils

He shipped Myth II out lightening fast and I got two bonus Kitchen materials.

Seriously, the packaging was like extra bonuses for a family of 4, LOL.

Danneee

WTS:
PSP go with CFW, used condition. Includes uk charger and eu adapter. Case.
€50 shipped within EU, €45 shipped within Sweden.

WTS

Homeworld Collector's Edition, the one with the replica ship, unopened.

2451445-9042071282-ce_sp.png

I bought into the hype of this game from all of my friends raving about it, then I realized it was an RTS the day before release. RTS' are not my bag and I know I won't enjoy this game no matter what.

At this point, I just want to sell this to someone that wants it. My other option is to return it to Amazon, which will incur a fee. I don't want to deal with eBay and I am not trying to get rich off the thing.

Asking $125 USD, shipped. PayPal Gift is accepted.
feedback.gif

I'm not saying this is what occurred, but often on eBay I will be asked to state a lower value on customs forms and/or put it as a gift. Which is customs fraud.

Oh.... Well balls.

Edit: Actually, scratch that, I didn't fill out a custom form for it. All I did was write "Gift" on the outside of the box. I missed the "forms" part of the statement. That makes me feel somewhat better.

jordn613

Unconfirmed Member
WTS

Grim Fandango promotional poster

Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers - $110 shipped
I no longer have the box or manual, so these will be shipped with the two speakers and power cable only. They're great sounding desktop speakers that had universally excellent reviews but are now discontinued. I'll cover shipping.

Less gaming related but I also have a Velodyne EQ-Max 8 subwoofer, for $210 shipped. If you want more info or pics, PM me!

Dont worry about it its very common when shipping international the guy got his 3dsxl and you earned karma.Iv'e done this also its a hook up and makes you a cool dude in my book.

From the OP:

4. No illegal shit

I think this goes without saying, but JUST IN CASE. Do not sell stolen goods (well, first of all, don't steal :p), do not sell pirated goods, do not sell illegal products, or things that might get the forum into trouble. If we get a complain about such stuff, you will get banned, and the listing(s) will get deleted, because... duh. Oh and don't try to trade any of that shit either.

Doesn't matter if it's common or not. Don't talk about it on the forum, and don't offer it as a service. I understand accidents happen, but we won't need or want an explanation here.

Not trying to sound angry (because I'm not - at all) or seemingly point any fingers, but we can't approach this kind of transaction or discussion here. There's way too much on the line.

V_Ben

Banned
Is anyone selling a download code for The Order on here? I'm tempted, but not $60 tempted. If anyone's willing to do one for around $40 or less, I'm on board :)

wiibomb

The most positive of feedbacks for CloggerDude. When the Majora's Mask New 3DS XL was announced, he went out of his way to preorder one for me at GameStop. He kept an eye on the order's status until it was in his hands, tested it to make sure it was in perfect conditions, and forwarded it to me in even better packaging than GameStop originally shipped it in. He even took his time to label the package per Costa Rica's customs requirements so that it would be tax-exempt, saving me easily over $100 as a result.

Not once did he ask for more money for the console than what GameStop (plus shipping) charged him, and communication was nothing less than quick and pleasant. I would deal with him again in a heartbeat.

There is no way I would have been able to get one otherwise. I am in his debt, and so glad to be a part of this community. Thanks, CloggerDude!

I'm very glad you got the n3DS, and even more glad that you could save the customs, I would have done that, but I was just too eager to play to wait for the process to be finished...

Oh.... Well balls.

Edit: Actually, scratch that, I didn't fill out a custom form for it. All I did was write "Gift" on the outside of the box. I missed the "forms" part of the statement. That makes me feel somewhat better.

what you did is not illegal, its a customs exception that can be made every year for every civilian in Costa Rica, basically you do not pay import taxes for just one items with a $500 value or less if you report that it was sent from a friend, its in a law that was changed recently

the law included any article, even when bought through amazon, though it was changed because of some people... "interests"... over CR and now only things received from non commercial addresses can be excepted from the import taxes...

what Fireblend did is not illegal, he just made use of a law that is valid in his country (I know that in other Central America countries the same law applies, it was like a convention or something)

EDIT: I can redirect you to the mentioned law if you know spanish... its completely valid...

Boss Man

Sold

I built this PC a few months ago and put a lot of work into making it just right. I think it paid off and I'm very happy with it, but I'm moving to a smaller apartment and honestly just more of a console person I think. I'm looking to sell it back, prebuilt and with Windows 8.1 installed (shit boots instantly too) for about what the parts cost. I'd rather not part it out because it is beautiful and runs so damn well. Here are the specs:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.75 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($28.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($137.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($121.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($219.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($409.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($89.98 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.79 @ OutletPC)
Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-120 40.6 CFM 120mm Fan ($8.80 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-140 66.0 CFM 140mm Fan ($13.60 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Fractal Design FD-FAN-SSR2-140 66.0 CFM 140mm Fan ($13.60 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser Mouse ($55.99 @ Directron)
Total: $1645.31
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-02 12:39 EST-0500

Here's what it looks like:

fxitGh7l.jpg

peep that sweet limited edition gpu

QGLdGHpl.jpg

VMUuL3Xl.jpg

lf7bkJol.jpg

DubuFBdl.jpg

I'll give you the speakers and Xbox controller too.

I want to get $1500 shipped for it, but I'm willing to negotiate if I have to. I'm wanting enough to get a PS4 and a nice laptop because my new job will have me traveling.

Here's my ebay link (I'll remove if this isn't allowed). Just want to show that I have a seller history.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171703120664?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

You can PM me or email mitch(dot)trahan@gmail(dot)com

IronRinn

what you did is not illegal, its a customs exception that can be made every year for every civilian in Costa Rica, basically you do not pay import taxes for just one items with a $500 value or less if you report that it was sent from a friend, its in a law that was changed recently

the law included any article, even when bought through amazon, though it was changed because of some people... "interests"... over CR and now only things received from non commercial addresses can be excepted from the import taxes...

what Fireblend did is not illegal, he just made use of a law that is valid in his country (I know that in other Central America countries the same law applies, it was like a convention or something)

EDIT: I can redirect you to the mentioned law if you know spanish... its completely valid...

That is super interesting! I had no idea.

Like I said, I didn't know what occurred in this instance, but I have had people ask me to lie on customs forms. Don't do that!

That is super interesting! I had no idea.

Like I said, I didn't know what occurred in this instance, but I have had people ask me to lie on customs forms. Don't do that!

Agreed.

And it's fine to work these situations out behind the scenes, but let's not bring the discussion here in case another situation isn't so easily explained.

Either way, cheers. Glad everyone's happy.

Remark

Banned
Just moving this over to the new thread. Apologies if not 150-200 posts between last thread and this.

Reduced vita down to £80

Want to sell

Smash Bros Wii U and boxed Mario Amiibo £40 Ono (shipped)

PS Vita + 4GB card+ Killzone Mercs. All boxed. Couple of very light scratches on back and front. Nothing major.

£80 ONO (shipped)

Selling these Transformer collection pieces.

Link to other photos. http://s934.photobucket.com/user/Raider1874/library/Transformers colection?sort=3&page=1

Looking for £100 ish each plus postage but willing to discuss prices. Will post to US but will need to give you a postage quote.

Both are in superb condition though they have been opened and transformed once. They were then put back in box and have been in storage the last 12 years or so.
ship to us?

edit: nvm

mdsfx

GMZJ4Un.jpg

WANT TO TRADE:

My PS4 Mortal Kombat X Import Collectors Edition for your Xbox One version. Will be sent to you still factory sealed on release day with tracking and insurance.
Mortal-kombat-X-kollectors-edition-e1422997496545.jpg

maxcriden

anyone selling a vita for $100 including shipping?

need one asap tbh

*activates Remark friendship bracelet*

Few ideas for you bro, make these guys some offers:

Plus Buyer / Plus Seller
+20 Buyer / +26 Seller

Have a bunch of stuff for sale here!
Section 2, I have an OLED Vita + Memory Card, and I'm looking to trade them for a Vita Slim

P.S. Please be understanding with the fact that it's a bit of a process for me to get to the post office, so most of my shipping will be done on either Friday or Saturday. Please keep this in mind when purchasing.

PS Vita OLED + 16GB Memory Card, want to trade for a PS Vita Slim (no memory card needed)

OLEDVita.jpg

(Games pictured not included, system will be formatted)

Dat OLED
You know you want it.

Seriously though, as silly as it sounds, I didn't realize that the Slim offered MicroUSB charging while the OLED one has its own charger, and I decided I would prefer to have cord flexibility over "Dat OLED"

So, if anyone has a PS Vita Slim and wants to trade it straight-up for an OLED Vita, let me know.
Adding in the 16GB memory card as an incentive, since I ended up getting a 32GB card, and don't need an extra one. So, hopefully this should be a great deal!

Please contact me with offers! =)

WTS: Dell Venture Pro 8 ($125)& OLED Vita /w 16 gig memory card ($115)

OLED 3g Vita + 16g memory card

00N0N_3BUkH6LsBW5_600x450.jpg

00r0r_2GdYX4kLCuQ_600x450.jpg

Perfect conditions OLED Vita with trigger grip and 16gb memory card.
And Galaxy Gear 2.
200 for each?
150 for each?

Make an offer.

Fireblend

Banned
Oh.... Well balls.

Yeah, it wasn't customs fraud. I know that was already established, but as the one who had CloggerDude do it, I feel like I should answer anyway.
Costa Ricans are allowed to receive an item below $500 without taxes once every 6 months, as long as it was sent by a friend or family. Here's a page that explains it in english.

You didn't break any law, CloggerDude, don't worry (and neither did I). No Interpol team is coming for you :p

I just don't want my reputation hurt because of a misunderstanding. People who know me here should know that I would never "trick" anyone into doing anything illegal for me, and I take such accusations very seriously.

Tenck

Positive feedback for da_stabbah. Sold me a New 3DS Majora's Mask edition. It works perfectly and was fast with the shipping. Would buy from him again.

dgco86

A long shot, but what the hell...

WTB:

1. Gold Gameboy Advance SP (GBA SP) Collectors Edition (bundled with Zelda Minish Cap)
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4139ETD0X0L._SY300_.jpg

2. Gold DS Lite Phantom Hourglass bundle
http://img.gamefaqs.net/box/4/5/6/74456_front.jpg

3. Silver DS Lite Phantom Hourglass bundle (I believe this was a UK exclusive)
http://www.exophase.com/images/misc/nin481.jpg

Hoping to get them complete with all their games, packaging, paperwork, cables etc in mint condition. Please PM me your asking price inclusive of Paypal fees and shipping to Singapore.

Thanks!

ekgrey

Yeah, it wasn't customs fraud. I know that was already established, but as the one who had CloggerDude do it, I feel like I should answer anyway.
Costa Ricans are allowed to receive an item below $500 without taxes once every 6 months, as long as it was sent by a friend or family. Here's a page that explains it in english.

You didn't break any law, CloggerDude, don't worry (and neither did I). No Interpol team is coming for you :p

I just don't want my reputation hurt because of a misunderstanding. People who know me here should know that I would never "trick" anyone into doing anything illegal for me, and I take such accusations very seriously.

You are good people, Fireblend. I never doubted you for a second! But I think this is valuable information for the community at large. Thanks for sharing!

From the OP:

Doesn't matter if it's common or not. Don't talk about it on the forum, and don't offer it as a service. I understand accidents happen, but we won't need or want an explanation here.

Not trying to sound angry (because I'm not - at all) or seemingly point any fingers, but we can't approach this kind of transaction or discussion here. There's way too much on the line.

And everyone here is sending money on PayPal as a gift to friends/family?

We already clarified this - if it's legal, fine. If not, calling someone a "good dude in my book" doesn't change anything if it's illegal. It's not here, but the comment I responded to made it seem like the situation was okay because it's circumventing a poorly worded or implemented law. It is legal, but that's inconsequential.

I was reacting to that comment, not the overall situation.

maxcriden

It's actually really not illegal to send PayPal as a gift to friends/family. It's very much YMMV but there's no law against sending my good friend terrisus a gift of $10 and him sending me a gift. FWIW. I realize it's a bit of a gray area.

terrisus

It's actually really not illegal to send PayPal as a gift to friends/family. It's very much YMMV but there's no law against sending my good friend terrisus a gift of $10 and him sending me a gift. FWIW. I realize it's a bit of a gray area.

And the difference between Goods and Friends/Family on PayPal are pretty much just whether you want to be covered by PayPal's "protections" at the cost of a fee or not.

Plus, all of you here are my friends <3

And the difference between Goods and Friends/Family on PayPal are pretty much just whether you want to be covered by PayPal's "protections" at the cost of a fee or not.

This is exactly right. The problem is, some people still think that they deserve some type of protection when they pay with Friends and Family. There have been numerous times on here where someone didn't receive the item they paid for with Friends/Family and people have suggested that they ask PayPal to refund them their money. That's not how the system is supposed to work though.

If you want the protection, then pay the extra cost. It's really not that much more.

Edit: Crap, we're just 5 pages in and we're already going off the rails again....

This is exactly right. The problem is, some people still think that they deserve some type of protection when they pay with Friends and Family. There have been numerous times on here where someone didn't receive the item they paid for with Friends/Family and people have suggested that they ask PayPal to refund them their money. That's not how the system is supposed to work though.

If you want the protection, then pay the extra cost. It's really not that much more.

The problem with PayPal "business" is that the buyer gets most of the protection, while the seller is supposed to pay the transaction fees. Of course you can always ask the buyer to pay fees but that's not intended by PayPal or it would offer that option. If your buyer pays with PayPal "business" it is way easier for him to scam you, the seller, especially if you ship without tracking/insurance or sell digital items.

From the OP:

First off what he did wasnt illegal second ive sold but few items here always domestic just didnt want the guy to feel bad i offred no service or broke any laws.As if i dont know the difference between a "cool dude" who broke the law and one who didnt you jumped the gun a bit in your reaction is all.

Now i feel like a guilty party to be avoided.:(

Chairhome

Selling:
Used red 2DS. It has had some tumbles, but the 2DS is some rigid hardware. In good shape. Has a TMNT decal on it that you can remove if you choose to. I am 90% sure I put a screen protector on both screens, but its hard for me to verify. The circle pad sometimes feels like it is hitting something under it preventing smooth motion to the left, but it will still register all movements, just something i noticed when i was using it. I don't think its a huge deal as my son never complained about it.
Missing: stylus, SD card, charger. Asking $50 shipped, $55 with pouch below.
max is forbidden to buy this 2ds by his request :)

Used red 2DS pouch. Pretty good shape, however, the 3 slots for the 3DS game cards is a little stretched (from putting two games in each slot), so if you put one game in a slot, it will fall out when the flap is folded out. $8 shipped.

(folded out, single games can stay in place if you carefully fold back in before closing)

ekgrey

First off what he did wasnt illegal second ive sold but few items here always domestic just didnt want the guy to feel bad i offred no service or broke any laws.As if i dont know the difference between a "cool dude" who broke the law and one who didnt you jumped the gun a bit in your reaction is all.

Now i feel like a guilty party to be avoided.:(

I do not think nrvalleytime's reaction was unwarranted. The discussion initially included the possibility of an illegal way to send goods out of the US. Thankfully, the situation has been clarified and we all now know that nothing illegal was done. Hooray! But nrvalleytime is absolutely right in trying to make sure we aren't talking about breaking laws here. Remember, this thread is a privilege, not a right. It is not officially moderated or policed in the way that the rest of GAF is so it is up to us as users to make sure nothing happens to jeopardize our ability to trade with our fellow community members. Illegal activity is a sure fire way to get shut down and no one wants that to happen.

So don't feel bad! I think we all understand what you are saying, we just need to be mindful. :)

edit:
I am GAF GOLD (THE BEST)

actually, the BEST is Platinum Trader. ;)

//ARCANUM

Selling my Persona Q edition 3DS XL in excellent condition. Comes with original packaging. Includes a Hori TPU case. Comes with charger of course ;).

PRICE: Make me an offer.

Please PM me with interest.

I also have for sale:

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask Stategy Guide Digital Code

Please PM offers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom