• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

xrnzaaas

I'm currently half way through the second campaign. Playing solo on Sniper Elite difficulty and really enjoying the game. I gotta say the summoners are making the game more challenging, but that just adds to the fun. Mosin Nagant is my pick for the main weapon since you don't have to correct that much when aiming at distant targets.

Just beat the third campaign. Very entertaining. Loved the variety this last section bought, though there were a couple of times when I felt it strayed a little far from its Sniper Elite origins, forcing close quarters fighting too often. I occasionally found myself running back and forth from one side of the map to the other trailing a bunch of zombies like I was in some kind of messed up Benny Hill sketch, trying to get in a position where I could snipe a few of the buggers instead of resorting to bombs or stomping. Though bombs and stomping were still pretty satisfying. Spoiler for the finale:
And I did enjoy the fight against ranting 90ft zombie Hitler, but I was disappointed I didn't get to finish the bastard off with one super long range headshot. Or bollock shot.

Playing all three campaigns solo was super-tense at times, and as was mentioned earlier in the thread, when you're playing on your own ZAT often feels more like a survival horror than a shooter, but that's not a complaint. I guess I can understand why some people found the game a bit repetitive, but for myself, I loved pretty much every minute of it.
Well, apart from the minutes that included Chainsaw Elites. Those wannabe Leatherface wankers can piss right off...

That feeling when you've gotten to the climactic final battle for a mission and a player randomly loses connection, bouncing everybody to the menu with no way to jump back into the last checkpoint... All that progress just goes *poof* into the ether.

It sucks, mightily.

I am loving this game but hating its lack of usable checkpoints.

Upcoming patch news:

Xbox One and PlayStation 4

The first patch for Zombie Army Trilogy (see previous update) is in testing on all platforms, and currently scheduled to go into submission with Microsoft and Sony on April 1st.

As ever, we can't tell you how long it will take between submission and launch as this is not controlled by us - hopefully it will be just be a matter of days.

PC

As there is no submission process on PC, the patch will release on Steam when it is tested - so expect it to go live just before the end of March.
Check back for more updates soon. Please remember dates are provisional only and subject to change.

A previous statement from the 20th of March confirmed what the patch will fix and here are the details:

PC
Adding the ability to toggle aiming down sights or scope view.
Console command to disable scorecard in the top right hand corner.
Improvements to track down matchmaking issues.

Xbox One
Fix for missing gold bar (and related achievement) in Crucible of Evil (Ep2, Mission 3).
Fix for leaderboard entries that show a score of “0” instead of the real score.

PlayStation 4
Missing gold bar (and related trophy).
Fixes for reported crash bugs.

http://www.pressa2join.com/#!zombie-army-trilogy-patch/ce7x

xrnzaaas

Just finished the Terminal mission solo. Here are a few tips for the Sniper Elite difficulty if you have problems with the last fight (I did on my second attempt).

First of all don't bother placing mines or traps since they'll most likely be triggered by standard zombies. Use the rifle or the MG emplacements from the beginning of the fight and worry only about the suicide zombies getting to the upper balcony. I was using a Preacher I found earlier in the level for great crowd control, but I think you can also rely on a standard shotgun or even a machine gun.
The most important thing is to monitor the area ahead so you can start attacking the super elite when he shows up. I was using an MG emplacement to keep firing at him. When the elite is close to the stairs place the mine nearby and run to the other side of the bridge (keep using the Preacher to clear the way). Once you're on the other side crouch near the stairs and keep attacking the super elite from cover. In my case he was so weakened by the MG fire that he died after the third headshot. I wouldn't recommend using a Panzerfaust since you'd have to drop the Preacher or the shotgun and that could get you intro trouble if a suicide zombie accompanied by a large group of standard zombies shows up.

Is the multiplayer still active? Enough players online (PS4)?
I just bought this game (huge fan of the last sniper game)....the soundtrack is amazing btw.

Game looks amazingly fun and i really want to play it but have no one to co op with

PS4 - awesomeness5821 (i have a headset and mic)

P.S don't have the game just yet will get it in a couple of days when i get paid from work

This game is pretty cool

- graphics are okay
-.atmosphere is great
- soundtrack is fantastic
- multiplayer works
- gameplay is fun as hell

but...wow...this game is hard. Even with four players and on medium difficulty we had to retry the second level five times (different checkpoints of course). Not cool :/

Okay, this game is amazing. It's fun as hell, even in solo mode. Wow, totally worth the 50€ I paid.
It reminds me of of the first Painkiller. Pure arcade shooter fun....oldschool. No perks, no skill trees, no unlockables, no microtransactins, no season pass.

ironcreed

Banned
Okay, this game is amazing. It's fun as hell, even in solo mode. Wow, totally worth the 50€ I paid.
It reminds me of of the first Painkiller. Pure arcade shooter fun....oldschool. No perks, no skill trees, no unlockables, no microtransactins, no season pass.

Indeed, and don't forget amazing atmosphere. Glad to see you are enjoying it.

Looks like the long overdue American retail release is still happening. Gamefly has it dated for August 4th.

https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Zombie-Army-Trilogy/5009427
https://www.gamefly.com/#!/game/Zombie-Army-Trilogy/5009428

5009427.jpg
5009428.jpg

Moofers

Did this get split-screen patched in? I was looking at the retail page on Amazon and in the Q&A somebody says it has 4P split. I bought it back when it launched in March (or April?) and it didn't have it then. I played it just a few nights ago and didn't notice any new options, but I was playing single player so I could have missed it. Anybody know?

SomTervo

Did this get split-screen patched in? I was looking at the retail page on Amazon and in the Q&A somebody says it has 4P split. I bought it back when it launched in March (or April?) and it didn't have it then. I played it just a few nights ago and didn't notice any new options, but I was playing single player so I could have missed it. Anybody know?

Any word on this? GF and I need more splitscreen PS4 games to play.

All I want is checkpoint saves and I'd happily jump back into this.

The missions are so long to lose all of your progress when one player has a hiccup in their connection.

Besides that I loved it.

Any word on this? GF and I need more splitscreen PS4 games to play.

I made sure my game was updated and checked for you guys. I'm not seeing anything that'll allow you to do split screen.

It's still just:
Quick Match
Create Private Game
Solo Play

The first two being the online modes. Sorry guys, I don't know what that guy on Amazon is talking about.

Moofers

Had no idea new content was launching for the PC version. I hope us console players get some love too! I bought it on PS4 when it released digital-only earlier this year.

And yeah, thanks for the info on no split-screen. I ended up playing the entire 3rd campaign with some people the other night and noticed there's absolutely nothing new added to the menu. That Amazon comment is full of shit.

Great game though! I'd love to see it continue to find success. I took a survey a while back about what I'd want to see in a sequel, so I am assuming it must be successful enough if they're already gathering people's thoughts on that.

cchum

Sorry for the bump, but is anyone from GAF still active on this game? I'd like to play with you folks. Rebellion is underrated. Looks great and is fun. I'd like to see their gameplay systems in a Warhawk type game, that would be dope.

Add me: cchum

Top Bottom