• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

hnnnnnggg, I'm refreshing my Xbox One dashboard like every 5 minutes hoping it's show up lol.

EDIT: I guess this is why PS4 has it but not Xbox One:
i4QpC5PDLGekT.JPG

ironcreed

Banned
This game is amazing. I can't believe it is being so overlooked. So many great little details that have been paid attention to. The blood even paints the plants wet and the zombies attacks and reactions to being shot are just fucking killer.

womp

Been playing the first two on PC since I got my new PC back in November ($3.50 each on sale). Games are a blast, but mainly meant for co-op play where it is just amazing dumb fun. Single player may be a bit boring for most.

I highly recommend all console guys to check it out if they have some buds to play with.

womp

That's stupid, why are they holding the other platforms back?

Especially since Steam doesn't have a similar game release stipulation, sucks. Oh well, I am all preordered for $17.99...probably just as well anyway that this releases on Friday since I have the weekend after to recoup. :p

ironcreed

Banned
Been playing the first two on PC since I got my new PC back in November ($3.50 each on sale). Games are a blast, but mainly meant for co-op play where it is just amazing dumb fun. Single player may be a bit boring for most.

I highly recommend all console guys to check it out if they have some buds to play with.

I am having a blast solo. It is just a killer zombie game with an amazing atmosphere that is light on story.

That's stupid, why are they holding the other platforms back?

Especially since Steam doesn't have a similar game release stipulation, sucks. Oh well, I am all preordered for $17.99...probably just as well anyway that this releases on Friday since I have the weekend after to recoup. :p

It sounds like basically, the game comes out on the 6th. Xbox Live and Steam will make it available on the 6th. PSN is only setup to do digital releases on Tuesdays, so they either get the game 3 days early, or 4 days late, because the official release date is a Friday.

gus-gus

Banned
so should I wait or get this on ps4 now? as opposed to pc. Also I don't do well with keyboard and mouse but I'm sure there is controller support on pc. Just wondering if my 970 will make that much of a difference graphically to justify the wait.

Played about two hours. Game has some weird input lag and it freezes at checkpoints. I love the atmosphere though. Also this game might have the best intro to menu sequence I've ever seen. That sound when the title comes on is boss.

ironcreed

Banned
so should I wait or get this on ps4 now? as opposed to pc. Also I don't do well with keyboard and mouse but I'm sure there is controller support on pc. Just wondering if my 970 will make that much of a difference graphically to justify the wait.

It looks and plays great on PS4 (1080p and 60 fps), but it's up to you.

gooface

Banned
It sounds like basically, the game comes out on the 6th. Xbox Live and Steam will make it available on the 6th. PSN is only setup to do digital releases on Tuesdays, so they either get the game 3 days early, or 4 days late, because the official release date is a Friday.

Since its a digital only release (in the USA it is at least) why does this matter?

If they broke the so called street date on PSN, why does it hurt to do it on Steam?

maneil99

Sniper elite 3 runs maxed on ps4 @ 60 so this shouldbe similar

Moofers

Is there even a retail version for this? I was under the impression it's digital only.

*edit

Amazon shows Europe only for disc.

Katori

I was just thinking about this yesterday and wondering if it was released yet. The Sniper Elite games are a fun ride, and Nazi Zombies is a fun idea. How is it? Any significant changes to the first games?

ironcreed

Banned
Also the thread title should say something about Sniper Elite 3. I had no idea there was a connection.

It's pretty different, though. The only real similarities are the X-Ray kills and WWII. This is straight up horror and feels very old school in all the best ways. Hell, even some of the sound effects sound like something out of Evil Dead. I am loving the hell out of it.

It's pretty different, though. The only real similarities are the X-Ray kills and WWII. This is straight up horror and feels very old school in all the best ways. Hell, even some of the sound effects sound like something out of Evil Dead. I am loving the hell out of it.

I have to keep pausing the game just to double check my gf hasn't turned the TV on upstairs. Its very eery surround sound.

Edit: oh and as an added bonus for replay ability it is score and combo based with leaderboards.

ironcreed

Banned
Man, these elites are brutal.

EDIT: Just have to keep your distance and headshot them a few times. Up close it's suicide.

2SeeKU

Loved the first two and the 60% discount IS tempting. The only thing stopping me is that the first 2 get discounted quite often.

Tapejara

Oh wow, didn't know about the PC discount, might just buy it on Steam then. Was planning on picking up and replaying the series on PS4, but I don't think I can part with $50. Wish there had been a Plus discount or something.

ironcreed

Banned
This is easily one of the coolest games I have played in a long, long time from a purely fun and atmospheric standpoint. It just has this amazing vibe. Evil Dead Nazis would be a good way to describe it.

The game is also very clever in funneling you down certain paths, and just when you think you are moving on, all hell starts breaking loose behind you again and you have to seriously be on your toes as you find yourself surrounded. I bet this shit is nuts on higher difficulties.

Oh, the X-ray kills are so much more satisfying here as well. I mean, wow.

Oh wow, didn't know about the PC discount, might just buy it on Steam then. Was planning on picking up and replaying the series on PS4, but I don't think I can part with $50. Wish there had been a Plus discount or something.

there is, it's $40 with plus. in NA at least?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This is easily one of the coolest games I have played in a long, long time from a purely fun and atmospheric standpoint. It just has this amazing vibe. Evil Dead Nazis would be a good way to describe it.

The game is also very clever in funneling you down certain paths, and just when you think you are moving on, all hell starts breaking loose behind you again and you have to seriously be on your toes as you find yourself surrounded. I bet this shit is nuts on higher difficulties.

Oh, the X-ray kills are so much more satisfying here as well. I mean, wow.

Yup, as I've been saying in threads, it's a very surprisingly good game I have no idea why most of GAF so heavily overlooks.

Also, wait until you get into co-op. Single Player is fun, but so many layers open up when you get to co-op for the game, so much fun.

ironcreed

Banned
Yup, as I've been saying in threads, it's a very surprisingly good game I have no idea why most of GAF so heavily overlooks.

Also, wait until you get into co-op. Single Player is fun, but so many layers open up when you get to co-op for the game, so much fun.

This game gets major style points from me. There is really nothing else like it. Put Sniper Elite, Evil Dead and Return to Castle Wolfenstein in a blender and there you go.

Moofers

Well, I'm in. I just bought the PS4 version and am downloading it now. Totally hyped. I have The Order from Gamefly and all I want to play is this!

ironcreed

Banned
It is really tripping me out when it starts whispering through the Dualshock 4 speakers. It adds to the mood so much.

gus-gus

Banned
It looks and plays great on PS4 (1080p and 60 fps), but it's up to you.

Great I think I'll get this in morning. Made the mistake of not getting this and watching nvidia embarrass themselves. At least it was funny.

Thanks for the reply though

ironcreed

Banned
$40 is an absolute steal for this. It is probably going to take over 15 hours to beat it, plus it is highly replayable and then it has horde mode as well. One of the best buys I have made in years.

I've tried asking this in the Steam thread a couple times but no response...

Does this game have any region blocking on GamesPlanet UK? I know it's a Steam key but is it set for that region only or is it worldwide?

Moofers

Wow. I played an hour of campaign while it was downloading and had a great time. The sounds are very intimidating at times, but it's not so oppressive that I'm scared to play it. It's pretty awesome!

I love the slow mo head shots and x-rays. Very satisfying when you catch two with one bullet. Also digging the arsenal options. Rifle, shotgun, and pistol along with grenades, landmines, tripwires, and dynamite! That's a good amount of toys. The first mission found me eventually holed up in this bombed out house with all kinds of nice traps set around me while I sat on the second floor and sniped down the street from a window. That was hella fun!

Looking forward to playing this co-op. It seems absolutely perfect for that. Reminds me of Killing Floor which is a good thing! I might even like this better.

Anyway, I'd like to add that the hour I played didn't even see me finish the first mission all the way. I gotta go to bed now but I wanted to jump in here and put in a good word. It's a lot of fun, very moody, and pretty lonesome if you go solo. Looking great so far!!!

Why nobody told me about this????

Look at that fucking GORE!!!!

Shame on you for not keeping up with the goriest of games. I thought you would have had some sort of of 'gore watch-list'. Lol.

By the way, OP, love the OT subtitle.

Haha, thanks.

And man, horde mode gets really fucking hard. I don't think I've managed to get passed wave 5 yet. It doesn't help that I don't know where any of the ammo boxes are for most of the maps.

If anyone wants to play some co-op later today (UK time), just give me a heads up in here.

I just bought it. Shouldn't have but I did. DON'T FAIL ME NOW, GAF.

PSN - McWorked_You

Add me. Together we can rid the world of shambling Nazi zombies.

Top Bottom