• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titan X announced, 12GB framebuffer, 8 billion transistors.

iMax

zhWLO3v.png

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, someone enlighten those of us who are ignorant as to how good or bad these specs are.

Compared to a 980/970, how many more transistors does this have? How much better does is it quantitatively?

Alright, someone enlighten those of us who are ignorant as to how good or bad these specs are.

Compared to a 980/970, how many more transistors does this have? How much better does is it quantitatively?

We don't know yet, but it's probably in the ballpark of 30-40%, absolute max 50%. Just guessing from the rumored specifications.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I have a Titan.

At less than $1500, I'll own a Titan X.

Durante

A 980 has 5.2 billion. However, yo ucan't quite expect a 1:1 transistor:in-game performance ratio, at least if it's anything like the previous Titan, since some of those transistors will be devoted to e.g. double precision compute performance.

ViciousDS

Banned
only 63% more transistors than the xbox one XD

8gb.jpg

God only knows what the price on this monster will be though.....body can't take it!

Zel3

Might go for it if it's less than $1500

This is the card I've been waiting for

Currently have a 470 lol

Kezen

Banned
Hella useful.

No joke this card may make 4k, 60 fps, high settings a reality.

Day 1 for me :)

60fps won't depend on the amount of VRAM. Realistically we're looking at 50% increase compared to a 980, aren't we ?

So 4k / 60fps with maximum settings will have to wait at least two years.

But on a serious note, it's about time they released a GPU that can compete with PS4's 8GB GDDR5.
This beast probably can't even run The Order's title screen. I bet it does not even have 8 aces.

Top Bottom