• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SMITE Xbox One Alpha starts 11th March, Beta in April

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
really want in but kinda want to wait so when i copy my account over ill have all the newer skins that will be coming out this month

Gowans

I've got my heroes that's it :(

I switched from dota 2 to Smite and got all the heroes just so I can learn them to get my mates to not give up on the game after 5mins.

jotun?

This seems like a game where cross-platform play could actually be reasonable. Any word on whether they'll be doing that?

Damn no cross play sucks balls. Game is fun though. Probably the perfect wow/moba hybrid for consoles. Can't recommend it enough Xbone users.

Remark

Banned
Aye quick announcement from Remark: If you get a code from them that you don't wanna use just pass it to my PM box mkay :3

Gowans

I get tho no cross play till we see how the controller stuff turns out.

You never know they might add controller to PC and then just have filters or a don't care mode.

I signed up for the beta so if Alpha codes does make it out I'll keep practicing on PC till April.

Hopefully there's a HiRez presence on GAF.

Aaron

You never know they might add controller to PC and then just have filters or a don't care mode.
PC already has full controller support. That's how I play every god but the archers. Precise aiming doesn't matter for the rest. I wouldn't play pro with a controller, but I'd never be a pro anyway.

Gowans

PC already has full controller support. That's how I play every god but the archers. Precise aiming doesn't matter for the rest. I wouldn't play pro with a controller, but I'd never be a pro anyway.

I did not know that, awesome! native? I'll get practicing

Got a code a few weeks ago through the Xbox preview program, I've never played a MOBA bit this certainly felt good and the gameplay worked well. I changed the default controls though, lots of display options too.

Some heroes stand out with odd design and art but all are very cool! Some fantastic skins too.

I've seen them mention on reddit recently that they'll be posting a FAQ sometime in the next few weeks detailing a lot of stuff including the God Pack. Wouldn't be surprised if it has some beta news in it.

Somnia

Anyone else have a spare key? I've been trying so hard to get a code from twitter/reddit and am always too slow, stupid work =(

I thought I'd get one from the preview progam, but nada so far.

edit: Shaun I'll take it! missed your post

BamfMeat

I've been playing for the past week or so (just a hair less). I'm a huge PC Smite fan - I have all but the 1 newest god to at least level 1 and several higher than that, with my highest being AMC at X. That being said, I'm a terrible player. Absolutely horrible.

I was pleasantly shocked that the control scheme actually makes sense. The only thing I hate is doing L3 to level up your skills. Otherwise, it's great. I think it'll bring in a lot of people into the game. Once we can connect our accounts, I'll probably flip back and forth, playing either at any given time.

Somnia

I've been playing for the past week or so (just a hair less). I'm a huge PC Smite fan - I have all but the 1 newest god to at least level 1 and several higher than that, with my highest being AMC at X. That being said, I'm a terrible player. Absolutely horrible.

I was pleasantly shocked that the control scheme actually makes sense. The only thing I hate is doing L3 to level up your skills. Otherwise, it's great. I think it'll bring in a lot of people into the game. Once we can connect our accounts, I'll probably flip back and forth, playing either at any given time.

Ya I think Hi-Rez is going to have a big hit on their hands with this on XB1, I hope the competitive scene really opens up too on console side and they include it with their seasons/tourneys. They said at launch it'll be roughly 4 weeks behind the PC version, but they will quickly get it up to speed and have it 1:1 with PC (that's their goal).

Yep, I was super surprised that it adapts pretty well to the controller. Funny fact actually, I spoke to Todd Harris their COO at PAX and he said that they found out that a vast amount of people were already using an Xbox controller on the PC to play, so it made sense to bring it over to XB1 as their was demand for controller play.

And yes, it took me an embarrassingly long time to find out how to level up my skills also, haha.

HBP

I have two Xbone codes, PM if you want one. Not sure why I got sent to them but I don't have any interest in MOBA's.

Philly555

Neo Member
Also just got sent two Xbone codes, but i'm already in so i'll give them away if anybody wants them. Just PM me.

Edit: and gone

Rembrandt

Banned
First time playing a MOBA and I'm really enjoying it. Deep as hell, but it's a lot of fun. I'm getting my ass handed to me in that 1v1 mode, but I'm learning, lol. Anxious to get online and get my ass kicked.

PM me for an extra code btw.

edit: code is gone.

PrinceKee

Never really played a MOBA before besides a few on the iPad and I have no idea what I'm doing I feel. Is there a good starting guide for Smite? Would help if I could watch someone play...

Rembrandt

Banned
Never really played a MOBA before besides a few on the iPad and I have no idea what I'm doing I feel. Is there a good starting guide for Smite? Would help if I could watch someone play...

Did you go through the tutorials and stuff? The hardest part for me has been the inventory/market. I also recommend switching characters every time you play until you run through them all and find your best few.

Top Bottom