• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die PC Build ?

Falk

that puzzling face
Back home! imgur time

RXoxQ6Ih.jpg

XB1 version trailer. Swery looking all kinds of badass. Not much new.

But what's this?! D4 was set up to run on two laptops at the Access Games booth.

Demo at PAX lets you choose between a story sequence and an action sequence. It's essentially either the start of the David section of the game, ending with the file in the kitchen, or the fight sequence on the plane. Either demo sequence ends with the above image. ("Coming to PC ?") Still pretty ambiguous. :(

Bonus: dinner (edit: that's not me)

Having actually played the PC demo, here are my impressions. It controls with a mouse, and doesn't make any pretenses at its origins as a motion-controlled game. Sync was manageable, although some actions like moving around and panning the camera took a little getting used to, as it wasn't the usual way you'd think a mouse would be used to handle these actions. However, the game seems to be 100% playable with mouse and you get used to it pretty fast.

I'd pick this up in a heartbeat if it hit PC. As previously mentioned, Swery said he's in the process of trying, and it's just about that particular time where you should show support by showing up at the booth and yelling at the top of your lungs about how this needs to happen, or tweeting @ him about it in support if you're not at PAX. Can't stress this enough.

edit2: resized the ridiculously huge images.

Back home! imgur time

XB1 version trailer. Swery looking all kinds of badass. Not much new.

But what's this?! D4 was set up to run on two laptops at the Access Games booth.

Demo at PAX lets you choose between a story sequence and an action sequence. It's essentially either the start of the David section of the game, ending with the file in the kitchen, or the fight sequence on the plane. Either demo sequence ends with the above image. ("Coming to PC ?") Still pretty ambiguous. :(

Bonus: dinner (edit: that's not me)

Having actually played the PC demo, here are my impressions. It controls with a mouse, and doesn't make any pretenses at its origins as a motion-controlled game. Sync was manageable, although some actions like moving around and panning the camera took a little getting used to, as it wasn't the usual way you'd think a mouse would be used to handle these actions. However, the game seems to be 100% playable with mouse and you get used to it pretty fast.

I'd pick this up in a heartbeat if it hit PC. As previously mentioned, Swery said he's in the process of trying, and it's just about that particular time where you should show support by showing up at the booth and yelling at the top of your lungs about how this needs to happen, or tweeting @ him about it in support if you're not at PAX. Can't stress this enough.

I want all the D4 memorabilia that's at that booth! And I want his shirt!

Give me season 2 already, Swery, I love you!!

It seems that a PC version is inevitable, then. Can't wait. It was one of the games that was pushing me to picking up an Xbox One eventually.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Swery is a really kind, enthusiastic dude with an interesting voice and I hope he finds success wherever he ends up. Personally I'd play D4 on PC, although I understand the constraint of working with a publisher. I hope he's able to get funding for future games. :)

Taruranto

Swery is a really kind, enthusiastic dude with an interesting voice and I hope he finds success wherever he ends up. Personally I'd play D4 on PC, although I understand the constraint of working with a publisher. I hope he's able to get funding for future games. :)

Yeah, I remember reading some DP interviews and he really seemed eager and honest. Hope he gets the exposure he deserves.

Nillansan

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. I am currently playing through Deadly Premonition on Steam, I will pick up several copies of D4 in a heartbeat once it makes it to Steam.

Hubble

I do not understand how D4 is not as popular as it should be.

It's a great episodic game imo with more character than TellTale games. The story is really intriguing and the time mechanic with dives adds a good detective vibe searching for clues. I think the issue is the low install base of Xbox One handicapped the title.

I think season 2 will be coming.

It's a great episodic game imo with more character than TellTale games. The story is really intriguing and the time mechanic with dives adds a good detective vibe searching for clues. I think the issue is the low install base of Xbox One handicapped the title.

One are based on popular shows/IPs/movies, the other is based on something new, totally weird and the name itself is pretty vague !
But yeah... I see what you mean :/
Anyway, I can't wait for the possible PC release. I'll be here on day one. Clearly the kind of game that could find a new home on PC.

lack of promotion, the audience on xbone

Bio

Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say that the type of audience that tends to enjoy quirky Japanese stuff also tended not to buy an Xbone.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
He releases it on PC, I buy it. Might not play it unless the story's finished but if it helps get things going with further episodes I'll do what I must.

statham

hopefully its released on PC and you guys buy it, I really want more, but I'm thinking more is already coming.

Gbraga

I'd buy this day one. Watched the whole thing on youtube, and it's absolutely fantastic.

I feel like calling it my GOTY 2014, even though I didn't even play it.

Season 2 pls.

A new open world game wouldn't be bad either, but I don't really have any hopes

Top Bottom