• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Uncharted 4 be delayed? Also, here's an assortment of random job postings.

Derpyduck

Banned
One game is not a history.

Of course it is. Much like saying they acknowledge their mistake is part of that history. I never want to see them repeat it, and I have confidence that they won't. I also know that making something a holiday tentpole title can lead to bad decisions being made. Most notably - Halo MCC. There's no way they didn't know that game had issues but released it anyway.

maybe.

They've got about 8 months to finish a game that went into preproduction before the PS4 even launched so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt

I don't fucking understand why Uncharted 4 and Zelda WiiU are like the primetime targets for 'oh, it's going to be delayed' assumptions.

Everyone is jumping to conclusions and making baseless assumptions. Halo 5 will be delayed, Zelda u will be 2017, Battlefront delayed a year. Why? Because I think they will be that's why. Seriously, so is battlefront guaranteed delayed? I mean they haven't even shown any gameplay. Just because they're hiring doesn't mean they have no one or no work done in those positions. They just feel they should hire more.

I hope they're not delaying the game but if that's what it takes to make a great game then i prefer they take their time.

There will be enough games to play this holiday season for sure anyway.

Bandit1

The game will release this year, with the multiplayer aspect coming a short time later via a patch, forcing players to play through the campaign first, and giving themselves more time to work on multiplayer like Rockstar did with GTAV.

I sincerely doubt it will be delayed. They've had 4 years since Uncharted 3, and 2.5 since The Last of Us proper. Seems like enough time to get the game finished, but on the other hand I think Sony would allow them to delay rather than put out a rushed or disappointing product.

Please God, let it be delayed.

Anyone who would be upset by a delay are being irrational. There are too many games that you're already buying this year! Why would you even want Uncharted 4 this year when Zelda is coming out? You'll still be playing MGSV by 2016!

Remember: a delayed game is eventually good, brehs. A bad game, though? A bad game is bad forever

Everyone is jumping to conclusions and making baseless assumptions. Halo 5 will be delayed, Zelda u will be 2017, Battlefront delayed a year. Why? Because I think they will be that's why. Seriously, so is battlefront guaranteed delayed? I mean they haven't even shown any gameplay. Just because they're hiring doesn't mean they have no one or no work done in those positions. They just feel they should hire more.

Delaython Tales from The Arse has been one of the more annoying things to read/listen to in the past few months, with more and more people in the games media randomly throwing baseless guesses for delays.

Welfare

Guys think about it. Even if the PS4 will sell great in the holidays, they still need to release games for the system. What else would they have for the holidays, first party wise?

Please God, let it be delayed.

Anyone who would be upset by a delay are being irrational. There are too many games that you're already buying this year! Why would you even want Uncharted 4 this year when Zelda is coming out? You'll still be playing MGSV by 2016!

Remember: a delayed game is eventually good, brehs. A bad game, though? A bad game is bad forever

The problem isn't a potential delay, the problem is why are we assuming delays in the first place when there's not enough information for that assumption to be anything but baseless.

I'm going to guess Call of Duty 2015 will be delayed till early 2016. Why? Just because.

kpaadet

Maybe it will be delayed but I don't see why some job opening could lead to that assumption, ND is 200+ people and like other studios that size they are constantly hiring. If I wasn't so lazy I would check other AAA developers but I can't be arsed.

Leependi

I don't think it'll be delayed and I don't really get why everyone's assuming it will be. Naughty Dog are very good at getting their games out when they say it will be out. The only delay I remember them having is The Last of Us and that was only for a few weeks.

Looks to me like they are just finishing the single player (obviously not entirely but just an alpha of the whole thing) and now they're focusing on multiplayer.

truth411

Guys think about it. Even if the PS4 will sell great in the holidays, they still need to release games for the system. What else would they have for the holidays, first party wise?

It's not like we know the entire lineup for 2015, I'm sure there are games to be announced on both the PS4 and X1. I can easily see Ratchet and Clank launching in Q3 this year.

B.O.O.M

I'm confused OP. If anything the increase in hiring new talent (if this is an unusual amount for them) would point to the exact opposite

Kssio_Aug

I really hope it doesnt. Thats and Persona 5 are the games Im looking forward the most for the console, and all those delays are annoying as hell.

The same I could say about Quantum Break in XB1.

Apathy

I want to say no as a person that wants to play it, but a good chance it will probably get delayed. Adding more chefs in the kitchen and making them work longer does not always produce a better product, it has the possibility to mess it up.

Sony has a history of not having a big first party game for the holiday season. Just keep that in mind.

Really? Thinking back to the beginning of the PS3 life cycle, there's:

2006 - launch titles (Resistance, MotorStorm, others I forget)
2007 - Uncharted, Heavenly Sword
2008 - LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2
2009 - Uncharted 2
2010 - Gran Turismo 5, PS Move
2011 - Resistance 3, Uncharted 3
2012 - fuck all, besides the horribly misjudged Wonderbook & PS All Stars
2013 - Beyond Two Souls, GT6, PS4 launch stuff, Tearaway, Killzone Mercenary
2014 - not much. SSM's new game was cancelled, The Order was delayed and Driveclub was a critical disappointment.

While they don't stack things so heavily in favour of pre-Christmas as MS do, that's a pretty decent lineup, plus they tend to release games throughout the year. God of War for example has always been March and The Last of Us was June.

Could even be for some damn dlc, but no sounds like it will be and no big exclusive for the holidays again is the gist of this thread.

Yeah, I don't know how a random job posting has equalled a delay. There's so little information that this is a complete stretch.

rob305

That would be terrible. Considering the bust that was the order and how I dont like bloodbourne at all, theres no single PS4 exclusive for the whole year. I need a reason to turn the damn thing on again this year

Servbot24

Banned
I know, but they still have a history of releasing something that isn't ready. As far as TLOU goes, there's a huge difference between delaying a game slated for June and one slated for the holiday rush.

Uncharted 3 was far from unready. It had flaws, but you can't work on a game indefinitely until it's flawless. Not to mention most of its flaws were from misguided design that was likely decided upon quite early, like having disjointed world design.

Pooya

After the change in lead roles last year and seemingly a change of direction to some extent (like a different actor than the first teaser) I thought it's too good if they can make it this year. We'll see but it's very possible.

Why would you ascertain that from the article? It simply states they are ramping up production and hiring more artists. Like any creative project, they're hitting a crunch time as they approach the deadline before they go gold. Many studios hire and last minute positions to manage the increased workload near crunch. Therein lies the layoff phenomenon so many people on GAF love to panic about when a project wraps.

Krakn3Dfx

Can't imagine it would be, but stranger things have happened.

Think it's way too early to say either way at this point.

I really doubt it. I think they gave themselves lots of time for Uncharted 4 specifically so they don't have a rushed release date like Uncharted 3 or have to delay like The Last of Us.

MMaRsu

Banned
http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/714-naughty-dog-ramps-up-uncharted-4

Sure sounds like it will be. Another holiday season with no big exclusive?

From the article:

Firstly, Naughty Dog are seeking a multiplayer level layout artist, who will be responsible for assembling "beautiful looking and beautifully playable multiplayer levels from existing single player art".

They're also looking for an artist to "create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments", and a single-player game designer who will be "responsible for designing and producing engaging and fun third-person action gameplay and levels".

Could be for their next game

mechphree

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/articles/714-naughty-dog-ramps-up-uncharted-4

Sure sounds like it will be. Another holiday season with no big exclusive?

From the article:

Firstly, Naughty Dog are seeking a multiplayer level layout artist, who will be responsible for assembling "beautiful looking and beautifully playable multiplayer levels from existing single player art".

They're also looking for an artist to "create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments", and a single-player game designer who will be "responsible for designing and producing engaging and fun third-person action gameplay and levels".

TBH I think it's going to get delayed. But not for the reason you brought up. I think the loss of Amy Henning really set ND back in terms of story. I think Neil and the crew had to re-do alot of things she was going to do and that may be what sets them back.

A good indicator if it will be ready though is if it's playable come this E3. Not a "hands off demo" or them showing you another game play scene but playable playable. It'll instill a lot of confidence. I think ND definitely WANTS it to come out this year but it's not looking to good.

Top Bottom