• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct S2 Panel at PAX: Hisako, Shadows, and Story Mode

Thores

Iron Galaxy just wrapped up their KI S2 panel at PAX, and there were a few reveals.

First is Hisako, aka "Ghost Girl". She has high/low counters, and counter-hit normals that can be performed with a new meter called "Wrath Meter". She also has a command grab that contorts the opponent and unique auto-doubles where you hold down the button, making the timing similar to a Manual attack. Her Instinct Mode causes her Wrath Meter to be constantly full, meaning unlimited access to all Wrath-enhanced moves for the duration of the Instinct, as well as her counters being effective against high and low attacks simultaneously. She releases at the end of the month.

Character Walkthrough
iuKF0sfwVeKmL.jpg

iEKEX7YWBFbfg.jpg
Shadows is a new mode where the game essentially makes a bot out of your character, based on your playstyle. The game learns how you play, makes a Shadow out of it, and you can then send your Shadow to other players online. This mode launches in April.
Finally Story Mode will have cinematics, and will release in June after all the characters are out.

There will be a video archive of the stream later tonight.

Shadows sounds like a Amiibo without the actual Amiibo and interesting.
Been so long since I touched this game so I should probably do that sometime again in the near future.

cripterion

That new character looks great.

I still can't believe this game isn't 1080P though. Everytime I fire it up it's just so jarring.

This game is just amazing and keeps on giving! Iron Galaxy are smashing it. Season 3 guaranteed and will bring me Tusk!

Though, something is really starting to stand out for me. Every character now, more or less...has something unique about their Shadow meter, or an extra meter, kind of wonder if they will go back and see what can be tweaked/added/overhauled on the older characters.

MagnesD3

Hisako is a rip off from The Ring movie. Not crazy about Iron Galaxy work I preferred the previous developer

One of those guys eh? (Sees strider who double helix made a game of...) Double helix did a great job with season 1 but season 2 has just been so good it blows me mind and they are even done with the season.

it's going to be realllllly weird having the S2 story mode being much more filled out compared to S1s with their dinky little endings lol

I hope they fix this later because the endings are very dinky.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Has a third season been confirmed?

not yet. MS side says they want to have 3 seasons... at panel today they said "stay tuned" when asked about season 3

I'd say if they plan to do a PC port down the line... having a third season to cap off the game at 25 characters would be a lot more appealing than the 17 they have now and will probably make it all worthwhile in terms of $

The character looks like a lot of fun to play. I might change my main. I'll ask if S1 characters will also get new intros.

I have footage of kan-ra's intro but internet is soooo slow here

not yet. MS side says they want to have 3 seasons... at panel today they said "stay tuned" when asked about season 3

I'd say if they plan to do a PC port down the line... having a third season to cap off the game at 25 characters would be a lot more appealing than the 17 they have now and will probably make it all worthwhile in terms of $

Awesome, sounds like a third season is pretty likely to happen. Thanks for the info!

Gestault

Hisako is a rip off from The Ring movie. Not crazy about Iron Galaxy work I preferred the previous developer

You might almost think the game with the mummy wizard, Harryhausen-esque skeleton, and the wolf-man is filled with references to monster movie cinema.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Shadows sounds like a Amiibo without the actual Amiibo and interesting.
Been so long since I touched this game so I should probably do that sometime again in the near future.

Amiibo wasn't the first to do this. Also, you can send this one online which you can NOT do with Amiibos.

AlStrong

I still can't believe this game isn't 1080P though. Everytime I fire it up it's just so jarring.

I wonder how the game would look if it were 1328*1080.

On the other hand, horizontal res is arguably more important for a game focusing on two people (need more pixels for relatively "thin" standing objects) i.e. 1920x752.

Nice, Killer Instinct is my favorite fighter at the moment. Cinder should be out by june and Blazblue coming this summer is going to be great.

imae

Hisako looks great!

I don't care much for story in fighting games, but Iron Galaxy are doing an awesome job with KI and I can't wait to play it again whenever I re-buy an XBOne.

I completely missed that Cinder was confirmed for S2 - cool!.

Sydle

Hisako looks great!

With Story being pushed to June does that mean ARIA has been delayed? I thought they originally targeted to wrap up everything, including Story Mode, in April?

Not complaining. I think IG is doing an amazing job and if they need time they should get it.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hisako looks great!

With Story being pushed to June does that mean ARIA has been delayed? I thought they originally targeted to wrap up everything, including Story Mode, in April?

Not complaining. I think IG is doing an amazing job and if they need time they should get it.

Maybe they'll release aria first and story mode after... which is weird to me because aria is the S2 boss... unless the boss version has different moves like shago

Top Bottom