• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha (PC only) - Registration Now Open

hydruxo

Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha Registration Available Now
We’re happy to announce that we’ll be running a Closed Alpha testing period for Rainbow Six Siege, and we’re going to need your help. Here’s a message from our team:

Here’s what you need to know right now:
-You can sign up now to participate through rainbow6.ubi.com. You will need a Uplay account.
-This testing period will be PC-only and limited to North America and Europe. Check the FAQ for a full list of eligible countries.
-This testing period will be multiplayer-only.
-The FAQ will answer more of your questions about the Closed Alpha. Start time of the testing period will be announced as we get closer to the date. Thank you for your support, we are looking forward to working with you on this next stage of the game.

Minimum Rainbow Six Siege Closed Alpha PC Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core
CPU Speed: 3.3 GHz (Recommended), 2.6 GHz (Minimum)
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 / R9 280 X
VRAM: 2 GB
Note: These specs are the ones required for Alpha testing and are not the final PC specs. We are still working on optimizing the game and the launch specs will be lower than the Alpha specs.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWgOSimxoPs

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-195796-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32&ncid=209-2559-4073--2-odsocmed-17-23-r6s_closedalpha_recruitment--1-1-8-0315

garath

Weird. Every time I try to register, it makes me sign into uplay, closes the tab and opens the main site on my previous tab. rinse and repeat until I'm out of tabs.

xemumanic

Annnnnd, it doesn't work. Soon as I log in with my UPlay account, I get a white screen. Even tried on IE, that has no addons or anything.

Weird. Every time I try to register, it makes me sign into uplay, closes the tab and opens the main site on my previous tab. rinse and repeat until I'm out of tabs.

It's doing that to me as well. I think its either still going up or the servers are dying.

Lol. Maybe based on the info in our uplay accounts, we are not eligible.

I meet all the min specs even if I thought uplay had my dxdiag.

I tried chrome and IE :(

seems to work for me now when i use firefox

edit:

i also picked english united states if that even matters

Dammit, US and Europe only! No access for us Australians :(

Hopefully they do a larger roll-out at some point in the future. Been looking forward to this one.

If there is an Alpha right in the coming months, could this be a holiday 2015 game?

With The Division coming this year (likely), then it would surprise me to see Ubi release both at the same time.

Maybe it is more likely to Q1 2016.

Pachimari

If there is an Alpha right in the coming months, could this be a holiday 2015 game?

With The Division coming this year (likely), then it would surprise me to see Ubi release both at the same time.

Maybe it is more likely to Q1 2016.

I would be surprised not to see Rainbow Six out this year, but yeah, taking into account, that only the alpha is starting up now, it could be a Q1 2016 title but I still expect Fall 2015.

Newlove

I kind of worried about this honestly. I've been a big fan of R6 and loved what they showed with Patriots. Story and planning against AI was a big part of the franchise, and now they're chasing the CS:GO market (wise) but pushing single player aside. Like chopping off half of what R6 has always had. One of those games where playing with friends will be essential, like Evolve. Hopefully there's a lot more to show that appeals to those who like to play on their own.

Pachimari

I kind of worried about this honestly. I've been a big fan of R6 and loved what they showed with Patriots. Story and planning against AI was a big part of the franchise, and now they're chasing the CS:GO market (wise) but pushing single player aside. Like chopping off half of what R6 has always had. One of those games where playing with friends will be essential, like Evolve. Hopefully there's a lot more to show that appeals to those who like to play on their own.

The game will have singleplayer..

Pachimari

They haven't talked about it like its anything substantial yet, that's why I'm hoping for a bit more info.

I hope they will have something substantial for people like you.
For me personally, multiplayer will be the only thing I'll play, like I did back in the Rainbow Six 3 days.

Top Bottom