• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Reg

Banned
PVxSi1T.gif

3DS doesn't seem that unhealthy to be honest.

In an era of smart phones and tablets the 3ds family doing 395k is really damn good. One could argue the N3DSXL may not be doing that well but the 3DS as a whole is doing very well all things considered.

SolidJum5

Neo Member
but so were the spending habits of consumers. jan/feb always have lower sales in any retail sector because people don't spend money that early during the year.

smh at how people try so hard to downplay the order.
#9 is apparently a bomb. not to mention, the new ip in a single platform "should" outsell multiplats. not even funny how pathetic some of these posts are. it could move up two or three spots and it'll still be a flop tohl these people.

yep. I hope this doesn't turn into a shit on The Order thread.

On topic, I still need to buy Majora's mask. -___-

Kacho

Damn, really impressive turn out for Zelda. Especially since its a single SKU on a handheld.

No shocker seeing The Order so low. Gonna be a long while before it reaches Pachter's prediction. lol

Melchiah

Good to see The Order in the top 10. (EDIT: Especially for only week's sales) Didn't Dying Light have a promotional deal with the XB1? If so, it's interesting to see the PS4 version topping the sales.

mikey1123

Congrats to Sony for continuing their hardware dominance and the Order charting. At this rate I expect to see a $250 Xbone bundle this black Friday.

Cool to see MonHon slowly becoming a thing in the US.

Happy the Order didnt peform. That game is insulting.

Back to the status quo with PS4/XB1 I guess. Unlit MS drops to 299 in the near future. It must suck to be a early adopter for the XB1

Jomjom

Banned
“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015."

Um... are we sure it's 276k for Xbox One?

The way they worded that is a bit weird. Couldn't the bolded part also refer to Xbox One + 360? I don't think MS would group in Xbone and 360 together though right?

gaming_noob

but so were the spending habits of consumers. jan/feb always have lower sales in any retail sector because people don't spend money that early during the year.

smh at how people try so hard to downplay the order.
#9 is apparently a bomb. not to mention, the new ip in a single platform "should" outsell multiplats. not even funny how pathetic some of these posts are. it could move up two or three spots and it'll still be a flop tohl these people.

Lmao

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Calling it "3DS" family isn't nearly as bad as something like "Playstation family" because all iterations of the 3DS play the same set of games (until one of the few exceptions of the New-3DS exclusives comes out), but even then by and large they're all various ways of playing the same library of games.

The "Playstation Family" was egregious because it lumped 2 generations of consoles together (PS2 and 3) and a handheld (PSP) together when summing it up.

Bgamer90

Banned
Calling it "3DS" family isn't nearly as bad as something like "Playstation family" because all iterations of the 3DS play the same set of games (until one of the few exceptions of the New-3DS exclusives comes out), but even then by and large they're all various ways of playing the same library of games.

The "Playstation Family" was egregious because it lumped 2 generations of consoles together (PS2 and 3) and a handheld (PSP) together when summing it up.

Exactly. Surprised at the reaction to "3DS family".

Raonak

Banned
Nice to see the order actually managed to chart, but still shitty (but not unexpected) performance. Personally, i'd say it's definitely my favorite AAA ps4 game so far.
Probably not for long since Bloodborne is just around the corner.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I...think Nintendo introduced the "3DS Family" thing after 2DS launch, but I might be wrong.

Kriken

Yeah, I don't really get why people are acting like this is new, all previous 3DS numbers were 3DS, 3DS XL and 2DS. This is no different

Nictel

Now I want Sony to put out bullshit PR speak like Microsoft and the Xbox One but about the PS Vita. Long day at work so I can't think of anything funny. I'm sure one of you all can come up with something.

Well just use the best template:

“PS Vita’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Vita and 985 percent more consoles sold compared to January 1999. Up to February 2015, fans spent an average of 74 hours on Vita in the U.S. – three times the amount of hours the average user spends in traffic jams*. And, PS Home set new records, quadrupling global gaming hours in February 2015 compared to July 2009. We are grateful to our fans for choosing to play on Vita. Offerings and experiences will continue to expand with Vita and 'No games' available together for *Allan please add price*, new games launching this month including 'Nothing' and 'that picture of a hayball,' hundreds of new games in development for other platforms, and plans to make gaming even better on Playstation 4.” – Mike Spinners, Corporate Vice President, BS Marketing, Sony

ethomaz

Banned
“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015."

Um... are we sure it's 276k for Xbox One?

The way they worded that is a bit weird. Couldn't the bolded part also refer to Xbox One + 360? I don't think MS would group in Xbone and 360 together though right?
They never did that
jk

Top Bottom