• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

April Xbox One Preview "Wave 1" details

First Wave of Xbox One April System Updates Now in Preview

This month, we’re rolling out updates to our Xbox One Preview program members in two waves, with the first set coming today and more to come next week. Check out the list below for features in this first April system update preview that is starting to roll out this afternoon:

Party chat improvements – Party chat is being improved with troubleshooting guidance for Xbox One owners. The Party App will help you get your microphone enabled and show you when privacy settings or networking issues are blocking communication with particular party members.

PartyAndGameHub-337b2b3b-fe48-4b6f-8c7e-67b4f7bb19f3-669508755.png

Game hub links – Members can more easily discover game hub content from activity feed items. You’ll see activity feed items when any of your friends follow a game, and you’ll also be able to get back to a game’s hub from activity feed posts related to the game – including feed items about the game’s achievements, game clips and screenshots. Finally, we’ve added a link to game hubs from the game’s page in the achievements app.

Achievement notifications – With this preview release, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app. If you do choose to open up the notification to see the achievement details, we’ve also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.

Stay tuned next week for the second wave with even more great features coming to Xbox One Preview program members. As always, thanks for your feedback.

Major Nelson

Pudge

I don't know guys, knowing what I did to earn an achievement without having to Snap anything is pretty great.

Hope the performance improvements for loading the achievements app are rather significant. It takes far, far too long to load it right now.

Gestault

Achievement notifications – With this preview release, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app.

This was actually pretty annoying to me, I'm glad others noticed it.

JaggedSac

Not much here, but I'm all for more achievement details in that notification though. Wonder why they have two waves this time.

Doffen

Achievement notifications – With this preview release, you’ll also see the achievement’s description in the notification so you know what you did to earn this achievement without having to open the achievements app. If you do choose to open up the notification to see the achievement details, we’ve also made some performance improvements to make loading the achievements app from a notification faster.

Sweet!

link1201

Not much here, but I'm all for more achievement details in that notification though. Wonder why they have two waves this time.
I believe they have done this before. In the past the build was somewhat buggy and they wanted to use a smaller sample size.

I believe they have done this before. In the past the build was somewhat buggy and they wanted to use a smaller sample size.

This isn't a wave of people getting the features though, its features being split up but available to everyone... different to what they did before

muzzymate

Can someone "snap" a picture of the new achievement popup? It'll be nice to know why I got an achieve the without having to snap the app.

The achievement thing is neat. Can't think of any outstanding issues I have with the OS. What is everyone hoping for now that the major stuff is out of the way?

Rembrandt

Banned
Am I misreading something, why are some under the impression the 2nd wave is going to be different from the 1st?

Check out the list below for features in this first April system update preview that is starting to roll out this afternoon:

Background music. How is that still not a thing?

Yup the sooner the better and hopefully it was like how some games were on the 360 and cuts out when cutscenes and stuff happened.

The achievement thing is neat. Can't think of any outstanding issues I have with the OS. What is everyone hoping for now that the major stuff is out of the way?

• Patch notes
  • A completely re-done store, its so terrible for visibility that i can't even bring myself to detail it except for: every pre-load has at least two slots on the coming soon/release section
  • Fix that crappy notifications bar, I don't want or need achievements or game clip recorded in it
  • Pins viewable offline, I don't need a cloud to let me access a shortcut to a game on my hard drive
  • Background music without needing snap
  • Some general optimisation would be nice, a Frontier Development guy told me the OS team are planning a big optimisation update at some point

Im pretty sure they're giving it a facelift in time for Windows 10 anyway

Nori Chan

When you look for new add-ons on the store it shows the same 50 dlc items for the past two months. Got to scroll twice in order to actually get to the new stuff

Ebolarama

Banned
Great update for people who like achievements. In regards to the litany of "nothing to see here" posts. What major update is left besides the streaming music that is oft requested?

Montresor

They need to fix some little things. Performance improvements are welcome. They also need to fix the bug that says "You must install the game or app" occasionally when you launch Snap. They also need to fix the problem with achievements sometimes not popping at all or staying at Done Unlocking... and then suddenly popping 48 hours later. I also have some audio sync issues whenever I edit videos in Upload Studio.

One big thing that I hope they fix is install times.

Doukou

Achievement update is good.
When you look for new add-ons on the store it shows the same 50 dlc items for the past two months. Got to scroll twice in order to actually get to the new stuff

Yah this needs to be fixed. Really annoying and makes half the add on marketplace worthless.

Ebolarama

Banned
  • Patch notes
  • A completely re-done store, its so terrible for visibility that i can't even bring myself to detail it except for: every pre-load has at least two slots on the coming soon/release section
  • Fix that crappy notifications bar, I don't want or need achievements or game clip recorded in it
  • Pins viewable offline, I don't need a cloud to let me access a shortcut to a game on my hard drive
  • Some general optimisation would be nice, a Frontier Development guy told me the OS team are planning a big optimisation update at some point

While I agree with every other bullet point on your list, what in God's name would you want in the notifications bar? Xbox has a note bar light years ahead of the sloppy What's new section on PS4 which is essentially an ad feed.

JaggedSac

Achievement update is good.

Yah this needs to be fixed. Really annoying and makes half the add on marketplace worthless.

The way they handle add-ons and various skus needs to be fixed in general. Store is a mess in that regard.

Also, this download is taking forever, anyone else seeing slow speeds?

JaggedSac

• Patch notes

Good list, agree with all of it. I'd throw in that I would like filters to be added to the feed so you can choose what kind of stuff gets shown on there. I really don't care that someone went on a friend adding spree. Good to hear about the optimizations stuff.

Ebolarama

Banned
Good list, agree with all of it. I'd throw in that I would like filters to be added to the feed so you can choose what kind of stuff gets shown on there. I really don't care that someone went on a friend adding spree. Good to hear about the optimizations stuff.

Except for point 3. I really think the xbox does a good job keeping you aware of your friends' actions. Other things need attention but your feeds are pretty much optimized.

Edit: good point about the friends added notifications, I stand partiality corrected.

Am I the only one stoked about Party Chat updates? It was annoying in Destiny when 1 or 2 in the party had communication issues. Need to talk in the raids man.

What I want now:

- Store update.
- Gold discount list update.
- A better laid out friends list and the ability to send voice messages to someone and for them to be able to launch the voice message without leaving their game.

Top Bottom