• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All 4 Mortal Kombat X DLC characters confirmed/leaked

Khezu

What did they do to Mileena??? ):

hqdefault.jpg

She grew up, and got her adult teeth.

And lips somehow.

Qwyjibo

Is the "Kombat Pack" like a season pass covering you for any other possible DLC down the road? Or is it just for these announced 4 characters?

Nzyme32

AWFUL!

Predator has been scaled down to the size of a normal human, where's the fun in that

And Tanya, of all the characters, bleurgh!

I jest though, its not all bad. But come one, midget Predator is an opportunity that they are wasting if they don't keep him to scale crushing the puny humans

jesus christ Tremor and Predator are the only ones that are legit the other 2 are trash..

I really hope there is another Row of Character in that final version cuz this shit is dissapointing...

guess ill rent this shit now and buy the Komplete edition if its worth it.

Never heard of Tremor, just searched that he was in MK special forces. I'm excited to see how he plays. Tanya's design in MK4 looks better than this.

So is there really no cyborg (Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Cyber Zero) in this? Weak.

Having Smoke's dead body rebuilt into a cyborg would have been a great way to reintroduce him.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
MkX is going to have like 5-7 dlc packs. They are going to milk the shit out of this game.

Clawww

it's seriously is unreal how awful tanya looks

goddamn I can't wrap my head around the fucking budget and time that goes into making a game like this and how you end up with this

Khezu

I'm sure they can do something cool with Earth powers.
But I'm sad Tremor fans got there way, because I'm a petty child.

Nemesis_

I'm sure they can do something cool with Earth powers.
But I'm sad Tremor fans got there way, because I'm a petty child.

Was Tremor one of those characters that started out as rumour? Like Ermac and Skarlet?

I'm wondering if there's any other urban legend characters they can create, I think we've covered them all.

I do remember seeing Tremor in Special Forces so I guess he existed before he was rumoured to exist, lol

Nzyme32

Predator looks taller than Jason. Which is another right.

That's just a perspective trick since predator is stood at the front in the vid. He is the same size as an average fighter, which kind of loses the point of how monstrous it would be to actually fight Predator

Do... Do they not realize that all these images look like bad CGI from 1999? All the in-game footage they've been showing looks so much better, how does this even make sense?

zoutlaw

Banned
Welp color me as someone who is not buying any of this lol. I could care less about all 4 of those.

If it would've had Noob or Rain or Smoke then I'd be interestedish to possibly buy DLC.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
Do... Do they not realize that all these images look like bad CGI from 1999? All the in-game footage they've been showing looks so much better, how does this even make sense?

Idk. It's odd they hype up all these variations, characters, and story then throw Jason Voorhees and Predator into the mix.

ksdixon

WOAH! No Human Reptile? Fuck you, Boon!

I mean, every time Retile gets a little more lizard-y, we get a little bit closer to 'The Dragon King' Onaga from MK Deception. And I, personally, die a little more inside.

Sillution

So is there really no cyborg (Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke, Cyber Zero) in this? Weak.

Having Smoke's dead body rebuilt into a cyborg would have been a great way to reintroduce him.

I keep thinking they are going to add some of them but.... Doesn't seem that way anymore..

Gleethor

Idk. It's odd they hype up all these variations, characters, and story then throw Jason Voorhees and Predator into the mix.

How is it weird? Stories in games are rarely if ever amended to reflect DLC additions, so what bearing does any DLC character have on the story? And I have no idea why you mentioned variations, Jason and Predator will have those too.

I'm not really upset about Jason and Predator getting thrown in there, I'd love to see more horror icons showing up as guest characters. Even if it's just for my own amusement, I love horror movies. It just seems like they've suddenly dropped the ball in terms of marketing in the last couple of months. Weird.

Bardiche

Tanya looks awful, she's got the whole manface and Vanessa thing going on. It looks like she has her pupils back though. Although Tanya looks awful, I'll end up checking her out along with Tremor.

Nzyme32

How tall was the old predator when JCVD was in the suit? Maybe it's based on that version.

Even then when it was a completely different design for Predator, he was taller similar to Alien height. None of that made the films / books / comics etc. Predators are supposed to be around 7/8ft tall. That's kind of part of the fun of how ridiculous it would be to fight one properly.

Its just so boringly ordinary to have a human sized Predator and same size Carl Weathers (Dylan). It misses the point I think

ksdixon

Was Tremor one of those characters that started out as rumour? Like Ermac and Skarlet?

I'm wondering if there's any other urban legend characters they can create, I think we've covered them all.

I do remember seeing Tremor in Special Forces so I guess he existed before he was rumoured to exist, lol

Lui Kang sprite with green replacing the red, fighting against 'Blaze' on The Pit background bridge from MKII. I think that character was called 'Hornbuckle'.

Khameleon and Chameleon don't officially exist, to my knowledge. And only appeared in 'Trilogy-Style' games like N64/PS1 Trilogy and MK Armegeddon.

ksdixon

Is it just me who thinks NRS should just make a new IP by having Horror characters fight each other (Freddy vs Jason vs Predator vs Alien vs Ash etc.), and leave MK to MK characters?

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
How is it weird? Stories in games are rarely if ever amended to reflect DLC additions, so what bearing does any DLC character have on the story? And I have no idea why you mentioned variations, Jason and Predator will have those too.

It's weird cause they harp on this being 20s years in the future and bring in horror villains which peaked in the 1980s. Which is 30+ Years ago aka a 50 year difference.

It's weird cause they harp on this being 20s years in the future and bring in horror villains which peaked in the 1980s. Which is 30+ Years ago aka a 50 year difference.

But the DLC characters very rarely - if ever - have an impact on the in-game story.

Flowmoney

I wonder how Tremor's and Tanya's powers will be different?

They both had fireballs and Tremor had like Jax's ground pound , if I remember correctly.I don't mind if Tremor causes quakes but get rid of the fire on him.

Tanya is like sorceress and while fire could be okay on her , it could be like some spell with different applications and they shouldn't limit her to one spell/element.A sorceress should at least have more tricks than one.

I hope at least one variation has a lot of magic and one has up close aerobatic fighting in it.

IKizzLE

Mileena.jpg

2647342-mkxccage.jpg

sonya-blade-mortal-kombat-x.JPG

VNFCZms.png

Anybody who thinks Tanya's character model is finished is just trolling.
And yes, NRS have worked on female character faces.

Top Bottom