• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaming with Character: The best YouTube gaming channel you'll see today

9TvUGnJ.png

While shuffling through the Bloodborne review thread, I saw a post from Gaffer qa_engineer linking to a "review" by YouTube user "Its GWC".

Bloodborne Review. This game is BRUTAL!

Diving deeper, I found a goldmine of irreverent reviews, commentary, and rap songs by Arnold Schwarzenegger, all accompanied by low production quality which perfectly accentuates this style of humor. Most surprising though, was that this guy has only accumulated just over 5,500 subscribers, despite the fact that his channel seems to have been up for 2 years now.

His schtick, as with all humor, will not suit everyone, but I'm sure there will be an audience in Gaf that will very much enjoy his work.

Some more gems:

Ni**as in Skyrim

Resident Evil 2 Save Room theme remix ft. Arnold Schwarzenegger

Dragonball Xenoverse Review

And recommended by Gaffers:

Dying Light: Freerunning Zombies?

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

EDIT: Trojita created a thread only for the Bloodborne review literally a minute before me :p. I'll let the mods decide the best course of action. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017097

Theorry

His voice annoys me right away already. Not good for something like this.
But heh maybe some people are fine with it. :)

oni-link

Eh, I'm in the minority of people that like youtube gaming content to not be either silly, zany or angry

Though he at least talks about the game properly in some parts

After having watched one of the videos, I don't find that surprising at all.

I said that because I find his humor to fall perfectly in line with other channels that have become very popular. Could just be my reading of it though.

Can't believe you didn't choose to feature his Dying Light review, which is what I think brought him to more people's attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YSUEWUrZlI

Thanks, I actually missed that one. Watching now.

Banned
I'm a big fan of Vanoss & crew. Well, used to be. Still good, but it just had a shelf life. Still amazes me that I could watch anyone play games, but they had some funny chemistry with GTA V.

nib95

Banned
Saw his Bloodborne review in the review thread, and found it pretty damn funny. These other videos are also pretty good. Will subscribe.

Jburton

Banned
It is not surprising in regards to the subscriber count.

Not funny, can see the effort but it doesn't work most of the time.

Each to their own I suppose.

The guy's not bad. A lot of amateurs have less than 5,000 subscribers with bigger hits on single videos. Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TrashTalkinOfficial

Take this guy for example. His shit-talking video series are just tributes to the best and worst things games have to offer(Motherfucker sounds like a demented version of Batman or something), but the majority of his channel are full playthroughs of games.

Those shittalking videos only garner around 500 views, but he has videos of Final Fantasy 7 PC mods that go upwards to 30k.

nib95

Banned
The Dragonball Xenoverse review was great. I use the term review loosely, as these aren't really reviews at all, just funny break downs of the said games.

Seanspeed

Banned
I said that because I find his humor to fall perfectly in line with other channels that have become very popular. Could just be my reading of it though.
Ah yea, I dunno. I don't really keep up with Youtube channels.

He's got a terribly annoying voice and his humor is way too hit and miss for me. But I did watch the Dying Light one which was funny here and there.

This stuff just isn't for me, I guess.

thenabster

Neo Member
Check out Let's Play TV and GameOn TV on Intenu are pretty great channels to watch. Intenu is an app with a bunch of free curated TV channels to watch.

Top Bottom