• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All Bloodborne Amazon prime buyers that got late shipments

SlickVic

Wait...I was told Prime was fucking amazing, never late, and sometimes deliver early.

Pffft...Amazon and Prime are shit. I've had so many shipments late they've given me literally hundreds of dollars in credit over the last couple of years. Its mindblowing to me considering they have 2 huge distribution centers in 2 states that border me and they are literally hours away.

I'm to the point though where I'm so disgusted with it, I don't want credit anymore. I just want my shit on time.

Sorry to hear that, though I wonder if it's just an issue with your area. I've been with Prime for 5 years and ever since they started doing the "Guaranteed by" delivery date when you place the order, they've missed the date exactly one time (which was during the holidays).

Honestly, Prime has been faster than ever for me. Most packages get to me in under 48 hours (often within 36 hours) and that includes orders placed on weekends.

Robot Pants

They just sent me an email a few minutes ago saying I got a 10 dollar credit. I guess that's cool but my package went from Kentucky to anchorage alaska. Supposed to be delivered to California.
Not really amazons fault but they did ship it two days late.

I contacted Amazon customer service yesterday and asked why the game hadn't shipped. The customer service representative told me there was an issue with the distributor and they gave me an extra month of Amazon Prime without asking.

Today I simply sent an email asking for an estimate on when I'd get the game and they told me they're working on it and gave me $5 in credit towards my next purchase. I'm hoping if I ask them for an update next week I'll get a free puppy.

-_-

I just opened my door to get the mail and I noticed that my copy of Bloodborne CE was sitting on the deck (probably since the UPS guy dropped it off around noon). My order status on Amazon still says "preparing shipment." Amazon is clearly drunk.

Weevilone

They just sent me an email a few minutes ago saying I got a 10 dollar credit. I guess that's cool but my package went from Kentucky to anchorage alaska. Supposed to be delivered to California.
Not really amazons fault but they did ship it two days late.

I was promised a full refund if it was more than 1 day late. You might want to check with them.

The epitome of a first world problem; I've never been able to extend my prime membership by missed delivery. If Amazon isn't there the second day, they're there early. There's a distribution center in my city so I actually tend to get free next day most of the time. I've gotten a handful of games early; including my PS4.

Beth Cyra

They missed mine, and said for a moment it was coming on Friday. Was about to throw a fit before it updated, and is instead going to be on my doorstep today.

SO I wasn't gonna complain....

But I just did. Free month of Prime would be fine. We'll see what I get!

Prime is guaranteed release day delivery on preorders.
This is actually not correct.

If you place an order before the date is amounted and just choose 2 day shipping, you must go back in and choose release day to ensure.

Amazon doesn't alter the order at all so if you have like FF XV pre ordered right now you will need to switch it after they get a date.

well it finally arrived, in a bubble wrap lined envelop with obvious wear and tear... fortunately despite damage to the edges of the outer box, the interior sleeve, and more importantly, the steelcase, are undamaged.

now i've just got to make it through the workday.

recursive

Before my CE arrived I had a chat with an amazon rep and he gave me a $5 due to the game being late. About 2 hours after it arrived I got an email from amazon also giving me a $10 credit.

Now what really lit me up is amazon put my shiny new Bloodborne CE into an envelope instead of a box for shipping. By the time it arrived and I opened it up the outside game box was bent up with smashed corners. Also looked like someone may have tampered with the bottom of the box since it wasn't sealed. All the CE content was present and didn't look damaged. I contacted amazon again and they refunded $40 since they didn't have stock to replace it. So in the end I got my CE for $25 but still not happy my packaging was busted up.

Top Bottom