• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for making this OT. Game has been quite enjoyable so far.

so far haven't even been able to get through the tutorial dungeon as i just keep getting 'system error: an error occurred while loading' messages every second or so. huff.

seems like i'm in the minority though so i'm really confused.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Anyone got tips for the Head-for-hands guy in FF IV?
I can't seem to judge the timing of killing off the last arm and the body right after the other, and he regenerates so fucking fast

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
So does anyone else get caught in a endless load loop occasionally and have to restart?

kiryogi

Banned
Can't say I've had any major issues. Running this on a Galaxy S5. I think I might have had a crash once early on but that was it.

Is this game slow/choppy for anyone else? I tried playing this on a fairly new Galaxy Note Pro-tablet that runs all other games fine, but the menu's in Record Keeper aren't flowing smoothly at all. It's the same on my S3, although I would expect that from my old phone...

Is this game slow/choppy for anyone else? I tried playing this on a fairly new Galaxy Note Pro-tablet that runs all other games fine, but the menu's in Record Keeper aren't flowing smoothly at all. It's the same on my S3, although I would expect that from my old phone...

I have a Nexus 6 and the menus are laggy for me as well.

kiyoaki

I can't seem to judge the timing of killing off the last arm and the body right after the other, and he regenerates so fucking fast
Weaken his his body a bit while focusing on the arms, and save your strongest special move for the final attack on his body after he's lost his arms to kill him in one strike (try skipping turns with that character so you'll have it ready instantly). I only beat him perfectly after leveling up a bit and getting Cloud's Buster sword through the rare relic draw.
Perhaps there's an easier way I'm overlooking?

Stider

To quote a certain rapper: Ice Ice Baby lol. You can only hit the main body once before it puts up a reflect though. With a 4* staff on Rydia was doing enough to one-shot an arm with one blizzard. It is annoying though as the regen time on the arms changes

HawthorneKitty

Weaken his his body a bit while focusing on the arms, and save your strongest special move for the final attack on his body after he's lost his arms to kill him in one strike (try skipping turns with that character so you'll have it ready instantly). I only beat him perfectly after leveling up a bit and getting Cloud's Buster sword through the rare relic draw.
Perhaps there's an easier way I'm overlooking?

To quote a certain rapper: Ice Ice Baby lol. You can only hit the main body once before it puts up a reflect though. With a 4* staff on Rydia was doing enough to one-shot an arm with one blizzard. It is annoying though as the regen time on the arms changes
So uh, anything with scrub weapons?

Stider

Probably Rydia and Keeper/Black Mage with ice magic then. They should still do enough damage I would think. Ice useful for next boss as well. I would need to test it, but I think it brings the arms back on it's turn so try killing one and hurting the other, then once the boss has it's turn kill the remaining arm and hit the boss. Don't use too many attacks though in case the arms respawn while attacks are still queued up.

Forgot to ask, is it the arms blowing up or the ailments causing you grief? It might be worth bringing someone with blinda/poisona in if ailments are the issue

Jux

so far haven't even been able to get through the tutorial dungeon as i just keep getting 'system error: an error occurred while loading' messages every second or so. huff.

Got the same thing. I let it try again for a while, and after about 5min at clicking the error text box, it got through, same thing for each new dungeon.

I also got the intro in spanish and the game is pretty choppy on my nexus 5. I also have a "system error" after each dungeon. It does not crash the game but I have no music anymore, I have to restart the game if I want it back...
All this does not make the game very enjoyable so far... :(

Negator

I assume the strategy is very similar to the real game.

Kill one of the arms ASAP and leave the other one alive. Nuke the boss with ice magic when Reflect is down. Start attacking the active arm close to when you think he is dead to reduce the damage of Explode.

HawthorneKitty

Probably Rydia and Keeper/Black Mage with ice magic then. They should still do enough damage I would think. Ice useful for next boss as well. I would need to test it, but I think it brings the arms back on it's turn so try killing one and hurting the other, then once the boss has it's turn kill the remaining arm and hit the boss. Don't use too many attacks though in case the arms respawn while attacks are still queued up.

Forgot to ask, is it the arms blowing up or the ailments causing you grief? It might be worth bringing someone with blinda/poisona in if ailments are the issue
It's just the explosion, it's always targeted my mages, so I'm unsure if others can survive it.

I assume the strategy is very similar to the real game.

Kill one of the arms ASAP and leave the other one alive. Nuke the boss with ice magic when Reflect is down. Start attacking the active arm close to when you think he is dead to reduce the damage of Explode.
Darn was hoping it wouldn't be a feeling of I'm going to beat it soon.

Mknzy

So I am really enjoying this game so far. I'm just breaking into the FFV content that is there so far, and can't wait to play through it. It really does have the feel of an old time Final Fantasy game for the battles, and I love the sprites for the characters, especially the ones that never had sprites for them like Tidus, Wakka, and Cloud. My only gripe is that on my LG G3 I am getting some menu lag. Nothing horrendous, but it is really noticable and makes it feel like the port just isn't optimized well. Either way I can't wait to play further in.

Negator

I got a Falchion (VI) from my first roll and a Black Garb (IV) from my Mythril. Very handy for the content that is available currently.

Should I be burning my Mythril to try and get a Buster Sword?

kiyoaki

The menus and loading times feel pretty sluggish even on my iPad Air (in a game that was clearly optimized for phones). The game could use some polish.

Other than that, it's pretty fun. I'm doing the FF6 dungeons now, and am looking forward to some FF8 sprites and music.

Yaari

Yeah I just used my Mithril. I like rolling the gacha and the weapons help too much at low level not to do it. I guess I'll save for a 10+1 when my entire party has good weapons and I can manage to sit it out.

kiyoaki

I got a Falchion (VI) from my first roll and a Black Garb (IV) from my Mythril. Very handy for the content that is available currently.

Should I be burning my Mythril to try and get a Buster Sword?
The Buster Sword gives you a limit break that is great against bosses. I don't regret spending 5 Mythril on it.

kiyoaki

Well, they do have an on-going campaign with an increased drop rate, so I didn't think it was that special that I got it on my first try.

Terra Battle gacha rates can be tough, yeah.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Cool, I had been looking for a new mobile game for some travel time coming up. This sounds all right.

I've always liked ATB as a gameplay concept. I just wish they would stick with pausing time for menu input. That way you get the simulation aspect of actions taking varying times, combined with the ability to carefully consider things on each turn if you want to.

garath

Nice! I'm enjoying this game as much as I did Chain Chronicles initially. Very impressed with it. Good fun so far. I've been successful with everything except the damn Antlion. That guy has serious HP and hits like a tank with that counter attack. Not sure how to beat him yet so I moved onto other dungeons

Yeah I just used my Mithril. I like rolling the gacha and the weapons help too much at low level not to do it. I guess I'll save for a 10+1 when my entire party has good weapons and I can manage to sit it out.

Yeah. I was going to wait out the 10+1 but even a 3* weapon makes a huge difference, I guess I'll have to pull a few times. I just started though so only 5 mithril to my name atm. I may wait just a little bit till it starts getting harder.

I had that problem a LOT through the early tutorial. Even had to force close a couple times because I got in a weird repeat loop with an error. Just push through it. I haven't had a problem since I got out of the tutorial.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
So, no way to easily reroll?

I don't even care about rerolling, I just want to restart my game. Went back and forth on what to name the main character ( always stupidly indecisive whenever a game gives me this option) and just decided to stick with the default name. Except I ended up typing in "Tryo" instead of "Tyro" and didn't catch it until it was too late. Kind of amusing but it keeps bugging me now. I'd try to restart on a different device and carry over the new game but I don't having another device to do that. Would using someone else's phone/tablet mess things up since it'd have a different google account attached to it?

webrunner

the moogle is named Dr. Mog.

He has a doctorate

he has gone through post-graduate studies and successfully defended his dissertation

Corgi

Banned
posting from the other thread... the changes to the international version... is baffling. There was a interview about it but... yeah idk.

Apparently the west loves those mobile graphics.

CBER4mKWUAAv7v_.jpg:large
CBEJFGpWUAItzAo.jpg
CBETfBFUMAEiV1H.jpg
CBETfAzUIAA8Da2.jpg

any ideas why my free daily roll isn't reset yet?

Says 5 AM PST and it's been an hour since

edit: as soon as I typed that I open my game from sleep and got a "DATE HAS CHANGED" Message

weird.

Einbroch

Banned
Wow, the event dungeons are very generous with the upgrade materials. Just two runs on normal and I'm over halfway to maxing my 3 star items.

I had that problem a LOT through the early tutorial. Even had to force close a couple times because I got in a weird repeat loop with an error. Just push through it. I haven't had a problem since I got out of the tutorial.

still getting problems unfortunately, only now it is worse because i have to try and load the saved game and get in to a dungeon each time. sigh. hopefully server problems will settle down or an update will come out that will help.
odd that very few people are having the same problem though.

garath

any ideas why my free daily roll isn't reset yet?

Says 5 AM PST and it's been an hour since

edit: as soon as I typed that I open my game from sleep and got a "DATE HAS CHANGED" Message

weird.

Yeah. I think it lies. I got "date has changed" at 9am EST on the button.

garath

Wow, the event dungeons are very generous with the upgrade materials. Just two runs on normal and I'm over halfway to maxing my 3 star items.

I'm not quite sure what all these upgrade materials are for yet. I try to upgrade my 3* javelin for example and I only see other 1* and 2* items in my list. What the heck are the adamantite things I'm getting from the daily dungeon for?

edit: oh. It was a loading issue. I had to scroll and let it "load" to see all the materials. Lol.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The game runs fine on my iPhone 5S, but the amount of loading and online checking is just obnoxious, even as far as F2P goes since the good ones usually mask this kind of thing better.

Does it really have to

blFiBGy.png

show the now loading message

blFiBGy.png

for every single thing?

Even when it loads fast the constant loading in your face makes navigating the menus feel like a chore. The game is enjoyable but I wish it was more polished on that front.

Swamped

Banned
This game is kinda fun! The bosses seem to have the sam e'tricks' as in the actual games. And the stamina bar is quite generous, i haven't really felt a need to refill it.

Corgi

Banned
The game runs fine on my iPhone 5S, but the amount of loading and online checking is just obnoxious, even as far as F2P goes since the good ones usually mask this kind of thing better.

Does it really have to

blFiBGy.png

show the now loading message

blFiBGy.png

for every single thing?

Even when it loads fast the constant loading in your face makes navigating the menus feel like a chore. The game is enjoyable but I wish it was more polished on that front.

pretty standard for f2p japanese games.

MicH

Today's event dungeon is really nice for equipment upgrades. Too bad I spent all my gil and can't upgrade anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom