• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Event Monster Hunter May 31st

Haunted

Speaking of mobile, I could see a Tri port to ios, apparently the second generation game did pretty well on the app store, considering.

I'm sorry, but don't expect anything to come out on a console. I'd buy it, but Capcom's convinced (rather understandably) that portable's the way to go.

... Actually, we're still going to be disappointed by a game that won't come out here in the west. :p

Qurupeke

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is basically MH4.5.

The past three Monster Hunter games on handhelds have ended up getting ported to a home console. Wii U isn't exactly a great place to be, so I wouldn't be surprised if Capcom bounces to a PlayStation family release.

I don't believe a Wii U release is happening but I doubt they won't release the next game on a Nintendo console, unless it's a remake/remaster/port on PS4. As a person that learned and loved MH on Nintendo consoles, I'd really hate if Capcom decided to make the series exclusive, again, to the PS family. And unfortunately for some people, this is what happened with MH3 and the games following it.

Personally, I'd prefer if they keep releasing the games on 3DS but they include an HD enhanced version for Vita and PS4. Not sure if this is even possible or efficient though as the difference of PS4 and 3DS is huge and it would require quite a work.

Oh and with MH4.5 I'm referring mostly to something like Portable 3rd which is different to Tri. But I guess, considering we already got 4U, that has a ton of monsters, making something like that now would be underwhelming, unless it's MH5.

sense

It's redblack, don't worry. If he could tatoo "Sony I love you" on his heart, he would do it immediatly. XD

Also, his English skills aren't that good, so don't be too harsh with him on that front. "Console war is end" will always be remembered.

you realllllyyyy shouldn't be calling people out on their console bias :)

on topic, is this event only monster hunter related? if they are hyping it up two months in advance, i would assume there will be a mh5 tease after showing mh4hd and the frontier game but then again if they are going to release m4hd then mh5 would be a next year game and they might hold off.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
What's wrong with that? MH would be region-free and have better controls by default.

Don't do this.

I'll bite though.

How would the controls be better on Sony platforms? Also you do realize we have lcalized versions of MH3/4 because of Nintendo. Yor point about being region free has no relevance as we are getting the games localized in all regions. Maybe if Nintendo had exclusivity but didn't localize the games you would have a point.

But, please continue to port beg.

Oh and with MH4.5 I'm referring mostly to something like Portable 3rd which is different to Tri. But I guess, considering we already got 4U, that has a ton of monsters, making something like that now would be underwhelming, unless it's MH5

MH4U is MH 4.5.

There is no need for the portable line as the mainline titles have now taken over the portable line.

Yeah i looked at it - the game is based on a very old MH version but still has it fan. MH Frontier 2 will be handled by a different developer if the rumors are true and build ground up for current gen systems (PC/PS4) - so yeah maybe just wait a bit until we see the game.

I'm not even talking the game itself, but the subscription model.
Also I don't get where this Freedom 4 bullshit comes from. You do realize freedom/freedom unite was the western name for portable 2 und 2nd G right? And MH4U is just that.

Kyoufu

Don't do this.

I'll bite though.

How would the controks be better on Sony platforms? Also you do realize we have lcalized versions of MH3/4 because of Nintendo. Yor point about being region free has no relevence as we are getting the games localized in all regions. Maybe if Nintendo had exclusivity but didn't localize the games you would have a point.

Do what? I'm not port begging. I don't want a port. I already have MH4G on 3DS.

But are you really asking how the controls would be better on a PS platform? You know, like Vita and DualShock 4s which have real analogue sticks and dpads in the "Claw" positions for optimal camera control?

The point about region-free is 100% valid. I want to play MH with my friends in Japan/NA/EU without having to buy a new system.

sense

Don't do this.

I'll bite though.

How would the controls be better on Sony platforms? Also you do realize we have lcalized versions of MH3/4 because of Nintendo. Yor point about being region free has no relevance as we are getting the games localized in all regions. Maybe if Nintendo had exclusivity but didn't localize the games you would have a point.

MH4U is MH 4.5.

There is no need for the portable line as the mainline titles have now taken over the portable line.

lol, are you serious with that question?

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

But are you really asking how the controls would be better on a PS platform? You know, like Vita and DualShock 4s which have real analogue sticks and dpads in the "Claw" positions for optimal camera control?

The point about region-free is 100% valid. I want to play MH with my friends in Japan/Na/EU without having to buy a new system.

MH4G has online play between NA and EU regions.

It controls perfectly fine on the 3DS even without the second analog. The lock-on works fantastically.

The Wii U has a standard control so I don't see what the DS4 would bring to the table.

lol, are you serious with that question?

So, you can't tell me why I take?

The point about region-free is 100% valid. I want to play MH with my friends in Japan/NA/EU without having to buy a new system.

The controls are fine on my N3DS and this is coming from someone who has played MH since the first. You can play with your friends in NA/EU since the servers are shared, not sure about Japan. Always wondered what language people were speaking in random lobbies.

sense

Why do some people always feel the urge to beg MH on a Sony platform?

i personally don't care as I am not that interested in playing the game that much but I would assume because it used to be on playstation and blew up in popularity on a playstation platform?

That would be so weird if they announced a home console port so close after the western release of 4U. Last time they did it with the western release which made sense.

Kyoufu

Yes, it does, but I own a JP 3DS so I can't play with my NA/EU friends unless I buy a new system.

A Wii U Monster Hunter game would be better than 3DS since I can use my Classic Controller but region-lock would still be an issue for me.

Anyway, I don't really want to play Frontier on PS4 unless they've made significant improvements.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it does, but I own a JP 3DS so I can't play with my NA/EU friends unless I buy a new system.

A Wii U Monster Hunter game would be better than 3DS since I can use my Classic Controller but region-lock would still be an issue for me.

Anyway, I don't really want to play Frontier on PS4 unless they've made significant improvements.

I see your point. That's unfortunate, but even if the 3DS was region free you would still need to purchase an NA/EU copy of the game. Also is there not a region free exploit on the 3DS?

sense

It controls perfectly fine on the 3DS even without the second analog. The lock-on works fantastically.

The Wii U has a standard control so I don't see what the DS4 would bring to the table.

So, you can't tell me why I take?

oh wow you are serious and you went a step further by calling ds4 and wii u pad equal.....

did you know nintendo released an add on exclusively for monster hunter with a second circle pad and shoulder button?

Thought this crap was bannable? This is gonna shit up the thread and its from the OP.

Given that we have no idea what the game is going to be and that there have been MH games released recently for every single Sony platform ever released since the PS2, I fail to see how this is port begging.

gtj1092

MH3 was also officially announced for Wii during a Nintendo conference.

Says the guy who port begs for every game to be in 3DS each and every week.

Besides this thread is about a Monster hunter press conference. All speculation is valid. Although not all of it is probable.

Eolz

Probably Frontier 2 and a vague teaser about what 5 will be about.

Α PS4/Vita game is more probable than a MH4U port. But neither is happening anyway. I doubt we're be getting MH5 either. More likely a MH4.5, whatever this could mean. Also, I'm not sure about the platform. I'd expect 3DS exclusive but maybe a Vita/PS4+3DS release wouldn't be impossible.

There'll never be a MonHun at the same time on Vita and 3ds, and no reason for the vita anymore.
PS4 is another story, but I'd be very surprised. We had this thread too many times...

What's wrong with that? MH would be region-free and have better controls by default.

There's nothing wrong with it, but Capcom currently has no reason to do it.
Your arguments don't work since it's already the case on 3ds.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
oh wow you are serious and you went a step further by calling ds4 and wii u pad equal.....

did you know nintendo released an add on exclusively for monster hunter with a second circle pad and shoulder button?

You still haven't answered my question. Though, you're welcome to continue dodging it and attempting rather poor pot-shots.

Of course I know they released an add-on. The game was completely playable without it though, it honestly didn't add much functionality that the target lock-on didn't provide.

I didn't realize the DS4 provided a more core control experience than the gamepad, color me shocked, oh my. Its not as if a plethora of other control options exist, nope not at all.

Given that we have no idea what the game is going to be and that there have been MH games released recently for every single Sony platform ever released since the PS2, I fail to see how this is port begging.

I didn't realize the Vita/PS3/PS4 have gotten mainline entries to the franchise that aren't a port of MHP3RD? I guess I haven't been keeping up with the news lately.

There are also people in this thread begging for a WiiU Monster Hunter. Though it seems you conveniently skipped those posts.

Given the fact that a 3DS MH has already been ported over the Wii U, those would feel in the realm of realistic expectations. Port-begging is always bad, but it's even worse when there's a fringe of people who have been constantly port-begging since 2009 for the same exact thing.

i personally don't care as I am not that interested in playing the game that much but I would assume because it used to be on playstation and blew up in popularity on a playstation platform?

If we're talking about the West, the IP started to gain popularity on Wii, and now it exploded on 3DS.

Says the guy who port begs for every game to be in 3DS each and every week.

Where have I ever port-begged for every game to be on 3DS?!

Yeah, that's the worst. Not even interested in the game, but begging for a port to one's favourite platform. This isn't everyday trolling, it's advanced...

I don't think that it's MH5, maybe around TGS in a special event. Guess that one of the two online versions. Either online, since that one is in the need of a localization or the rumored frontier sequel.

gtj1092

Given the fact that a 3DS MH has already been ported over the Wii U, those would feel in the realm of realistic expectations. Port-begging is always bad, but it's even worse when there's a fringe of people who have been constantly port-begging since 2009 for the same exact thing.

If we're talking about the West, the IP started to gain popularity on Wii, and now it exploded on 3DS.

Where have I ever port-begged for every game to be on 3DS?!

Is there another pennywise83 that post in media create weekly threads? Or are you going to use the "every" as a weasel out? If so why is out OK for you to port beg for "some" games to be on 3ds but not for others to ask for MH on PlayStation or PC?

sense

You still haven't answered my question. Though, you're welcome to continue dodging it and attempting rather poor pot-shots.

Of course I know they released an add-on. The game was completely playable without it though, it honestly didn't add much functionality that the target lock-on didn't provide.

I didn't realize the DS4 provided a more core control experience than the gamepad, color me shocked, oh my. Its not as if a plethora of other control options exist, nope not at all.

i am not dodging because i didn't think it needed explanation. I doubt you will find many that agree with your viewpoint of 3ds having better controls than vita(there are far better arguments for 3ds, especially the excellent first party games), i can say vita and ds4 are both better to hold in your hand than the clunky 3ds and wii u pad. vita has a good form factor and is better designed and has all the controls you need with dual analog and touch (maybe the back touch was overkill).

the only argument from you seems to be "it controls perfect for me, the second analog was not needed" guess what? nintendo didn't think so, capcom didn't think so and there is proof of that. even with the "New" 3ds, Nintendo went halfway with their redesign by adding a second nub.

I don't want to go further with this. I am glad you love the game and the controls are perfect for you.

Yeah, that's the worst. Not even interested in the game, but begging for a port to one's favourite platform. This isn't everyday trolling, it's advanced...

I don't think that it's MH5, maybe around TGS in a special event. Guess that one of the two online versions. Either online, since that one is in the need of a localization or the rumored frontier sequel.
please find one post where i begged for monster hunter. i have made a prediction that mh5 will be on ps4/vita, thats it. please stop with the insults if you can't back it up

I didn't realize the Vita/PS3/PS4 have gotten mainline entries to the franchise that aren't a port of MHP3RD? I guess I haven't been keeping up with the news lately.

Who claimed it's a mainline title? The first page has a lot of people speculating it might just be a Korean spin-off.

Reading comprehension is fun!

MouldyK

It's been 4 years since a Mainline MH has been on a Sony console. Not very recent.

JP:

Sony: 2004-2011 (7 years)
Nintendo: 2009-2014 (5 years)

EU/US:

Sony: 2004-2009 (4 years)
Nintendo: 2010-2015 (5 years)

At this point, this could go either way. Unless it's a Spin-Off, then it's anyone's guess.

But the main question: Will it reach here?

5zffG5t.gif

I hope it is a port of 4, and it is on Wii U. I want to be able to move my save between both versions. I doubt a PS4-3DS save transfer would happen.

redcrayon

I'm more inclined to listen to people who want monster hunter available on every platform going because they love monster hunter. I'll follow the series wherever it goes regardless of which platform it's on.

I'm less inclined to listen to the people who see it as just a huge piece of ammunition in console warz in Japan.

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Monster Hunter on PS4 please God, please! I missed out on it way back on PS2 and they've (Capcom) has been unwilling to put them on PS3 and I never had a PSP or 3DS so this may be my only opportunity to play MH...although a darker Lost Planet would be a desirable substitute

It's been 4 years since a Mainline MH has been on a Sony console. Not very recent.

JP:

Sony: 2004-2011 (7 years)
Nintendo: 2009-2014 (5 years)

EU/US:

Sony: 2004-2009 (4 years)
Nintendo: 2010-2015 (5 years)

At this point, this could go either way. Unless it's a Spin-Off, then it's anyone's guess.

Monster Hunter Frontier G was released for Vita within the past year. If you're planning to call me on it not being mainline then I will reiterate for the second time that I, nor anyone else claimed that it will be.

Syril

Monster Hunter on PS4 please God, please! I missed out on it way back on PS2 and they've (Capcom) has been unwilling to put them on PS3 and I never had a PSP or 3DS so this may be my only opportunity to play MH...although a darker Lost Planet would be a desirable substitute

There was technically the PS3 version of Portable 3rd. It would be in Japanese, but you would at lease be able to play a Monster Hunter game on something you have.
MHP3rdHD-PS3-Boxart-JP.jpg

Moodkip

Too soon for MH5. Most likely MH Smart blowout, maybe MHF2 and MH4G HD.

Reminder that Monster Hunter 3G and Monster Hunter 4 were announced at the same time.

There are currently no flagship MH's scheduled for release. MH5 is a good bet for this event, especially considering Ryozo Tsujimoto's comment last year.

Consider this as well: the alleged Nintendo deal ended with MH4G. Will Capcom continue to capitalize on the market audience they've built for MH, or will they move on to new platforms? (multiplat wouldn't make sense for MH, unless they made all versions compatible in multiply for ad-hoc)

Moodkip

If by here you mean America, I'd say that is a safe bet, safer if it lands on a Nintendo system since their marketing push is the reason MH4U is the fastest selling MH in the states.

I do wonder if Nintendo pushed MH4U so hard in order to make Capcom dependent on them somewhat globally - in other words, their logic might go something like...

"We are the reason that MH has seen expanded success overseas. If you would like continued global success, keep MH on our systems."

I'd like to get Monster Hunter in other platforms, but Nintendo is the one pushing the IP globally, not Capcom. Most likely that's why the series hasn't moved from Nintendo since they do all the localization progress.

Wynnebeck

Banned
If by here you mean America, I'd say that is a safe bet, safer if it lands on a Nintendo system since their marketing push is the reason MH4U is the fastest selling MH in the states.

I do wonder if Nintendo pushed MH4U so hard in order to make Capcom dependent on them somewhat globally - in other words, their logic might go something like...

"We are the reason that MH has seen expanded success overseas. If you would like continued global success, keep MH on our systems."

That's the thing though. The pace that the PS4 is selling worldwide is getting too fast for Capcom to willfully ignore. I believe that also the reason why SFV going console exclusive to PS4 was an easier pill to swallow due to the comfortable lead it has. If the MH deal is indeed coming to a close, Capcom is going to want to potentially test the waters to see if money can be made elsewhere. I don't predict Capcom will drop Nintendo like a bad habit, but I don't see Capcom staying exclusive to Nintendo after this, at least in my opinion.

Do people forget that there was a MH game announced for Vita a while back? It's Frontier, or some version of it, but it was officially announced....there just just hasn't been any news on it in forever from what I remember....somenoe please correct me on this!
My guess is that it started on Sony. Most people see it as they grew into themselves on Sony platforms, and then they "jumped ship" and went to the big N. I know that started MH games on Sony. As it stands now, I think most people just want to see a current graphic version of a MH.

Edit:

Monster Hunter Frontier G was released for Vita within the past year.
Wait, this is already out?! Where the HELL is there media on this? Why haven't I seen a single thing on it anywhere? What's going on! o.o

Top Bottom