• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney developing live-action Mulan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Lol they are about to live action the shit out of all of their animation/princess movies huh

I want Emperor's new groove....with a Talking Llama. Like a real one.

Abounder

Banned
Missed opportunity not to make a Princess Cinematic Universe, Disney. And lol at this sidebar pic on the site, Harrison Cruise:

star_wars_stars_illo_0.jpg

With a white actress I suppose?

Obviously, you need a big name star to launch a movie. There are no Asian big name celebrities, maybe if there was they would be cast. Any asian actress needs more big name roles under their belt before we put them in a big name movie! Since they don't have any big name roles under their belt they don't have star power so we have to cast someone else because its the only way people will see the film, and we also need someone people can relate to. No one has heard of xxxxx before so they need more big name movies under their belt.

Xe4

Banned
Will they cast Chinese actors?

Mulan was voiced by a Chinese American, so that was pretty cool. It's an Ancient Chinese story, so casting a white lady would be pretty dumb, but we'll see. She's not Chinese, but Julie Estelle would play a pretty badass Mulan, I think.

MV5BMTQzMzg5Mzc0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDU3NTIwMTE@._V1_SY317_CR15,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Roo

Obviously, you need a big name star to launch a movie. There are no Asian big name celebrities, maybe if there was they would be cast. Any asian actress needs more big name roles under their belt before we put them in a big name movie! Since they don't have any big name roles under their belt they don't have star power so we have to cast someone else because its the only way people will see the film, and we also need someone people can relate to. No one has heard of xxxxx before so they need more big name movies under their belt.

What about the girl from Memoirs of a Geisha, Zhang Ziyi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom