• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

Shun

Has anyone else had any trouble queuing items from the desktop SEN Store to the PS3 and Vita?

I can queue stuff from my older purchases but newer purchases won't queue anymore.

It tells me that I can't queue the item and to try again later but when I go to something from 2 months ago, it queues just fine.

autoduelist

Has anyone else had any trouble queuing items from the desktop SEN Store to the PS3 and Vita?

I can queue stuff from my older purchases but newer purchases won't queue anymore.

It tells me that I can't queue the item and to try again later but when I go to something from 2 months ago, it queues just fine.

Might be related to the other recent issues (items not immediately showing up in DL list, etc)... try logging in and out of store and see if that fixes it like it does the other issues.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
PSN GAF that have PS Now, I got a question.

Is it not possible to use your already existing PS3 saves with PS Now? I just tried playing Batman Arkham City in the UK PS Now beta and my save file isn't there, yet I know I have a save file in online storage. Can you really not use save files you have in PS Plus online storage with PS Now? So with PS Now games you already own on the actual platforms are you doomed to have to start from scratch with the PS Now versions? If so that's incredibly shitty.

Shun

Might be related to the other recent issues (items not immediately showing up in DL list, etc)... try logging in and out of store and see if that fixes it like it does the other issues.

That doesn't do anything sadly on both the JP and NA SEN store. Can't queue anything new, but can do for some older stuff.

Chuy

It's fine being broke as long as you're still getting Operation Abyss.
Hesitant in buying due to never playing a drpg but i'll probably end up getting it anyway.
+1 for ever growing backlog of games to buy for vita

Vita is a pretty good system for those that are broke. You can routinely find good deals for the system used and my entire library is full of games that cost .80-16.00. Just got to be patient. It's not like the Vita has any must play multiplayer games that will die out in a month or two, it's a single player system by and large.
After the initial bullet biting for the system and memory cards that is but i won't complain to much about it though since the games on it are pretty fantastic.

What happened to Mighty No. 9? I'm still not sure why I backed it on Kickstarter or which platform to get it on.
I forgot that was coming out this month.I had actually planned on buying it on release but i think i might hold off for it. There's mixed reception on it plus i still have MMX4/5 to beat which should hold me off for a while

incpdo

Landed a job interview for tomorrow. Wish me luck, VitaGAF.
Good luck man! I just recently got a job after 3 months of search. Don't let anyone bring you down. Keep it up. BTW someone mentioned alien shooter on vita , is that game already out?

autoduelist

Any feedback on the following:

Warriors of the Lost Empire psp $3
Driver 76 psp $4
switch galaxy ultra $4
Silent Hill Origins psp $4

it's a little more than I'd like to spend, but i'm not sure if i should remove anything/everything. i know the 'easy' answer is get rid of WotlE, but Greg Miller's 'it's not really that good but i loved it anyway' review sort of sold me on it.

Driver 76 psp $4
switch galaxy ultra $4

it's a little more than I'd like to spend, but i'm not sure if i should remove anything/everything. i know the 'easy' answer is get rid of WotlE, but Greg Miller's 'it's not really that good but i loved it anyway' review sort of sold me on it.

Played Driver 76 recently and it was suprising good. Simple but I dug the retro style.

Switch Galaxy Ultra. Noooo. Spend that money on the PS Mobile version instead. They changed the gameplay to suck.

incpdo

Driver 76 psp $4
switch galaxy ultra $4

I think galaxy ultra is the bad or maybe not so good game on that list. Silent hill origins is short but great, driver is fun and warriors works like a charm.

RK128

Driver 76 psp $4
switch galaxy ultra $4

Only got Silent Hill Origins out of the four and I while I didn't play it yet, you can safely go in expecting a traditional SH tittle, instead of a spin-off with the Silent Hill name. It isn't the best game in the series, but from what I've heard of it, it is a great tittle for the PSP and gives you a good Silent Hill experience on the go :). Nice complement to the PS1 original and Shattered Memories I think :D.

Edit: Regarding this sale, what do you guys think of One Piece Unlimited Adventure Red for the Vita? While I would rather save my 16 bucks toward Shovel Knight on Tuseday, I've heard some good things about this action/brawler :). Any comments or feedback on the game would be great :D.

What did you guys get from the flash sale? As this sale is fantastic having sales across so many games XD! I got Sonic Adventure 1 (now I own all the Sonic games on PSN for my PS3 :D. Next up is the Rivals games on PSP at some point...), Silent Hill Origins PSP, and The Warriors PSP.

Shizuka

Just pre-ordered one asian copy of Moe Chronicle from Play-Asia. We know that it's dated for May 5th, but does anyone know the exact release date for the asian release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song?

Tohsaka

Just pre-ordered one asian copy of Moe Chronicle from Play-Asia. We know that it's dated for May 5th, but does anyone know the exact release date for the asian release of Sword Art Online: Lost Song?

It says May 15th on Play-Asia's listing for the PS3 version, I'd assume the Vita version will be out the same day.

wilflare

I already see SAO: LS in local stores
no eng sub yet though

Nudull

Banned
What did you guys get from the flash sale? As this sale is fantastic having sales across so many games XD! I got Sonic Adventure 1 (now I own all the Sonic games on PSN for my PS3 :D. Next up is the Rivals games on PSP at some point...), Silent Hill Origins PSP, and The Warriors PSP.

I'm hoping to at least grab Unlimited World, Touch My Katamari and/or Silent Hill Origins.

RK128

I'm hoping to at least grab Unlimited World, Touch My Katamari and/or Silent Hill Origins.

Regarding Touch My Katamari, it is a good game on the Vita :); got it during the first major JP Sale sometime in 2013 and even though I only put maybe a half hour into it, I had fun with it.

Very simple game and it does a good job transitioning the controls of the PS2/PS3/360 games to the Vita and the game looks really great on the Vita's OLED screen. For its cheap price, I highly recommend it :D.

Just keep in mind that if you want to unlock some of the games extra levels, you might 'have' to play PSN credit for fans or something (forgot what they were called....) you collect in the levels and/or get through level score at the end. It isn't a deal breaker, as right now the price is great, just something to keep in mind.

Never played Silent Hill Origins but I got that from this sale and after clearing some space on my Vita, I will put it on it. Looking forward to it honestly, as it seems to be a faithful Silent Hill experience made during a time where the series still had high quality (around the time after SH: The Room came out I think.....).

One Piece looks to be an action/brawler game and if you have the funds, I say pick it up :D. The only reason I didn't get it is due to saving money for Shovel Knight this Tuseday; I know for sure I'm going to love that as I enjoyed the MM series in the past, love DuckTails Remastered and am a big fan of the Mario series.

RhyDin

Not sure if slightly off topic, but I guess posters in this thread would have knowledge on it.

I had a bunch of downloaded PSN games, like PS1 classics, on my PS3. I just bought a PS4 yesterday and I can't find any option to retrieve them from my PSN account - is this not an option? I don't see why not, since it's all software emulation, anyway.

RK128

Not sure if slightly off topic, but I guess posters in this thread would have knowledge on it.

I had a bunch of downloaded PSN games, like PS1 classics, on my PS3. I just bought a PS4 yesterday and I can't find any option to retrieve them from my PSN account - is this not an option? I don't see why not, since it's all software emulation, anyway.

Well, the PS4 doesn't have support for PS1 or PS2 Classics yet :l. I would tell you that it would come latter on in future firmware updates or something, but considering Square is porting over FFVII unaltered from its PS1 original to the PS4 in the future as a new game and not under the PS Classic branding, I doubt we will see support for PS1 Classics for quite a while sadly :(.

I wouldn't be surprise if Sony locked PS1/PS2 games to PS Now to foster that services growth or something...

RK128

Ayo we gettin a Shovel Knight OT for Sony systems?

If we are getting one, it should be on Monday Night/Tuesday Morning to coenside with the launch of the game (as the rules regarding OT Threads on Gaf changed or something a while back).

incpdo

Regarding Touch My Katamari, it is a good game on the Vita :); got it during the first major JP Sale sometime in 2013 and even though I only put maybe a half hour into it, I had fun with it.

Very simple game and it does a good job transitioning the controls of the PS2/PS3/360 games to the Vita and the game looks really great on the Vita's OLED screen. For its cheap price, I highly recommend it :D.

Just keep in mind that if you want to unlock some of the games extra levels, you might 'have' to play PSN credit for fans or something (forgot what they were called....) you collect in the levels and/or get through level score at the end. It isn't a deal breaker, as right now the price is great, just something to keep in mind.

Never played Silent Hill Origins but I got that from this sale and after clearing some space on my Vita, I will put it on it. Looking forward to it honestly, as it seems to be a faithful Silent Hill experience made during a time where the series still had high quality (around the time after SH: The Room came out I think.....).

One Piece looks to be an action/brawler game and if you have the funds, I say pick it up :D. The only reason I didn't get it is due to saving money for Shovel Knight this Tuseday; I know for sure I'm going to love that as I enjoyed the MM series in the past, love DuckTails Remastered and am a big fan of the Mario series.
Well silent hill origins is a very well done and nice little game . while short it has replayability and 3 endings ( as far as I remember) an excellent work from climax studios. Shattered memories although not a traditional silent hill , its a refreshing title with 4 endings and lots of things to discover. Personally is one of my favorite silent hill games. And the PSP port is a very well done one considering the limitations of the console.

Regarding the flash sale I got some weird titles and if my friend get me a psn card I'll get some more.
I got

Sonic adventure 2
Silent hill
Blood of the werewolf
Beyond good and evil
Anarchy reigns ( no idea what this is)
Retro city rampage DX
Dantes inferno ( I have to admit I liked the awful psp version of this game so I'm gonna have this for 3 dollars and try the original version)
Castlevania harmony of despair( im actually a sucker for castlevania symphony of the night so I wanted to try this but 15 dollars seemed like too much for the game)
Switch galaxy ultra ( I know is not as good as the first one but what the hell , its 4 dollars instead of almost 20)

Could someone please give me a link to the apps page on the PSN store for
UK PSN store webpage
US PSN store webpage
EU PSN store webpage

I am trying to find apps for the PS4 on the UK PSN webpage and it is fucking impossible

Producer

3D brawler/beat em up. So you got your normal attacks, specials, grabs, etc all in big stages where you can also pick up cars and other environmentals and throw them around. Good number of playable characters all with different playstyle, also Bayonetta as DLC ($1 too).

There is a neat story mode, but this is a multiplayer focused game, and the community is pretty dead last time i played. Though you can play offline against bots. All in all its a pretty decent game, not Platinum's best but still pretty fun.

Li Kao

What did you guys get from the flash sale?

Anarchy Reigns - PS3 - 5$
I like the character design and always kinda wanted to play it on the cheap (because the emphasis on the mutliplayer was scaring me).

One Piece - Pirate Warriors - PS3 - 6$
Not the best it seems, but it will summarize the manga for me. Let's hope it does a good enough job at it as I don't feel like reading the hundreds of chapters of the manga.

One Piece - Unlimited World Red - PS3 - 12$
Polarizing feedback, some negative ones a few pages ago.

The only big downside is that I'm not sure I will be able to play the games soon, as I already started Samurai Warriors 4 on PS4 and I'm really not sure several Musou / 3D actionner games at the same time is a good idea.

incpdo

3D brawler/beat em up. So you got your normal attacks, specials, grabs, etc all in big stages where you can also pick up cars and other environmentals and throw them around. Good number of playable characters all with different playstyle, also Bayonetta as DLC ($1 too).

There is a neat story mode, but this is a multiplayer focused game, and the community is pretty dead last time i played. Though you can play offline against bots. All in all its a pretty decent game, not Platinum's best but still pretty fun.
Thanks for the review im gonna try it, didn't know it was a platinum's game.

Is anybody else getting this URL error when going to Sonys Account page?

paeWw4V.png

URL in question:
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/confirm-sso!input.action

Could someone please give me a link to the apps page on the PSN store for
UK PSN store webpage
US PSN store webpage
EU PSN store webpage

I am trying to find apps for the PS4 on the UK PSN webpage and it is fucking impossible

US page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps4-apps/cid=STORE-MSF77008-ALLPS4APP

I don't seem to find the EU/UK equivalent.

paeWw4V.png

URL in question:

No, works just fine.

bobohoro

One Piece - Pirate Warriors - PS3 - 6$
Not the best it seems, but it will summarize the manga for me. Let's hope it does a good enough job at it as I don't feel like reading the hundreds of chapters of the manga.

Story mode and especially the adventure stages are pretty bland and boring. Having to play Luffy for nearly every stage doesn't help either. And it skips whole arcs and leaves out lots of details. It functions as a reminder of the story for fans already in the know, but I really wouldn't recommend it for anyone trying to get into the manga, even if it does some key scenes really well.

So yeah, definitely try reading the manga, it is worth every chapter and page of it.

I finally started playing Demon Gaze and it's great so far. Got to enraged Mars, died a few times and started exploring the Graveyard. I was most surprised that the game had a Dark Souls style message system and while they're pretty juvenile and lewd, I think the messages are hilarious. *huff* *huff* *moe*

Two quick questions:
- Is there a point in changing difficulty, like better item drops? Or should I just choose what I'm comfortable with?
- Is there anything in-game or in the digital manual that has some details on what stat does what exactly? I had no success finding anything so far.

paeWw4V.png

URL in question:

Yeah I've had the same since at least friday

I've tried it again, this time using Chrome, and I get the same message, but I can login normally.

That message you're all seeing is due to the fact that they've switched over to https://store.playstation.com/ as their verified store page.

You should change your links to the new versions.

Then Sony dun fucked up, 'cause they updated their cryptography on the store.playstation.com domain, but haven't switched everything over yet and left the other domain insecure.

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out, but will definitely be avoiding log-in for the time being.

Glad its not just me!

Thanks for checking guys.

RK128

Regarding the flash sale I got some weird titles and if my friend get me a psn card I'll get some more.
I got

Sonic adventure 2
Silent hill
Blood of the werewolf
Beyond good and evil
Retro city rampage DX
Dantes inferno ( I have to admit I liked the awful psp version of this game so I'm gonna have this for 3 dollars and try the original version)
Castlevania harmony of despair( im actually a sucker for castlevania symphony of the night so I wanted to try this but 15 dollars seemed like too much for the game)
Switch galaxy ultra ( I know is not as good as the first one but what the hell , its 4 dollars instead of almost 20)

Owning the bolded, I can say you got two fun games :D.

Sonic Adventure 2 is a very flawed game, as while the Sonic levels are fun, the rest of game sparatically ranges from 'okay' too 'bad'. The shooting and treasure hunting stages haven't aged well at all and are quite boring comparied to the Sonic levels, and they sadly take up 2/3rds of the whole game X(. If you can play through it though, the Sonic/Shadow levels are well done and are great rollercoaster rights compressed into fun 3D platforming :D. Have fun with this one :).

Beyond Good and Evil is a game that everyone praises and loves, and while I didn't get that far in it at all, I can see why. It has a great main character in Jade, the core gameplay is a Zelda-clone done right (more like Darksides then Star Fox Adventures if that makes sense). The world the game has is huge and great to explore. The presentation holds up really well, it bright colors, a great soundtrack and a locked frame-rate making everything feel great to play. Overall a great action/adventure tittle that many are still waiting a sequel for (when are going to do that Ubi :l?).

Don't own the other games, but I did enjoy the original version of Retro City Mayhem, so have fun with that :D. Got Silent Hill a while back too and I really enjoyed the 1 hour or so I put into it.

Nudull

Banned
Good luck, Nudull!

Good luck, you got this aha!

Good luck man! I just recently got a job after 3 months of search. Don't let anyone bring you down. Keep it up. BTW someone mentioned alien shooter on vita , is that game already out?

Good luck man! :D

all the best :D
may the Waifu Goddesses of VitaGAF shine their Lady Luck on you <3

pGmOoO8.jpg

Thanks for the support, everyone! Waiting to hear a callback now, so fingers crossed.

BTW, if you guys want to add me, my PSN is Hunnbee

TOTP: Buy Shovel Knight this week!

Top Bottom