• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illusory Revelations#FE (SMTxFE) - First Trailer, Winter 2015 [Up: Screenshots]

GSR

CBigB-NUkAAprSS.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKaHMqkjGS8

Via Nintendo Direct; Japanese title is 幻影異聞録#FE (Genei Ibunroku sharp FE). 2015 winter Japan release, for Wii U.

Official site: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/asej/

Translated Interview with Producer Shinjiro Takada (Atlus)--> http://www.tradukosoft.com/2015/04/342/. Takada was director on the Devil Survivor games for the DS.

Update 06/09/15: Chief director is Mitsuru Hirata (Radiant Historia, SMT: Strange Journey), battle designer/secondary director is Eiji Ishida (SMTIV, SMT:SJ).

This is the result of our collaboration work on the “Fire Emblem” series. I think many people will find it quite different than they had originally expected. Originally, it was very challenging for us to get the “Fire Emblem” aspect into the game, but we worked carefully with Nintendo to ensure it’d work well and deliver the feeling you get from the series.
But, “as long as development of this title conforms with what Intelligent Systems originally would have wanted, and ATLUS develops it and triumphs through it, then ATLUS’ work is good.”

It was following that that we were able to come to our conclusion and settle on the concept for this project. As a result of this, “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” follows the basic axis of what I would say are “Realistic characters who suffer from many conflicts and worries in modern-day Japan” in this RPG. It was capturing the feeling of “Fire Emblem” that was the real challenge during the development of this concept, as this is a collaboration.

In this PV, many people may find it hard to understand where the essence of “Fire Emblem” comes into play. However, this will be explained more in the future, so please wait for a follow-up to this.

Although only four characters appear in the spotlight of this PV, there are more characters (some of which make a quick appearance in the PV) prepared for the future, so please stay tuned!

It should also be noted that “Illusory Revelations ♯ Fire Emblem” has given us the opportunity to work with other developers. This time, in the first edition of this creators’ blog, you got to hear comments from me, the top batter of the project. But, we have interviews planned with other ATLUS staff and developers in the future, so we hope everyone will enjoy it!

If you're looking for some of the FE connections, see this post.

arue

I thought I'd sleep forever waiting for SMT X FE news, but boy, I was so wrong. It looks so different compared to the tease from years ago though.

But still, HYPE.

Soriku

Uhh so there is no more SMT aspect anymore? Just some weird modern Fire Emblem, Persona-esque type thing? Still looks interesting though.

GSR

Looks like Persona, not like Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem. Meh :/

The "Revelations"/"Ibunroku" part of the title seems to come from Persona 1, which was Megami Ibunroku Persona. So I guess they're drawing some inspiration from Persona as well as SMT.

jackdoe

So SMT X FE = Gust? Cause that was the first thing I thought when I saw the trailer. I was absolutely shocked that this was the SMT X FE collaboration.

Spruchy

So now that SMTxFE is confirmed to join Bloodborne in the pantheon of the greatest games ever made, how does everyone feel?

Tsunamo

This was not anywhere close to what I was expecting it to look/play like.

With that said though it looks amazing!

Dr. Buni

The "Revelations"/"Ibunroku" part of the title seems to come from Persona 1, which was Megami Ibunroku Persona. So I guess they're drawing some inspiration from Persona as well as SMT.
That is disappointing, because I am not a big fan of Persona.

Oh well, I always had the feeling this crossover wasn't a good idea. Still hope it is a good game for whoever likes this kind of thing, though.
Funnily enough this makes me more interested.
Good for you :)

Top Bottom