• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubcake

Neo Member
Main, I was feeling really confident about the Amiibo situation until we started getting the numbers, and limits for Amiibo. Wave 5 is going to be an even bigger disaster with Palu, and Suitless Samus. I'm just going to buy them when they pop up at scalper prices. I'm done hunting, I'm willing to pay $30 per Amiibo, and call it a day. So far I've managed to get Dark Pit, and Ganon.

I'm going OT for a minute, but shadow of Mordor is truly an amazing game. Hope we get more games in the series, with new main characters, and even more skins. Really fascinating game, with deep, and satisfying combat mechanics. Ubi needs to steal the combat system, there's no shame in that.

Yeah I'd honestly say it's up there with some of my all time favorite games. I got the Xbox One Assassin's Creed bundle and it was my first time playing through the series. I thought it was decent, then I got Mordor for Christmas and it was like everything I wished Assassin's Creed was when I was playing it. Can't even touch them now, lol

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
did wave 4 ever even appear on Amazon?

YSkNTAx.gif

I know you did it intentionally, but I couldn't stop myself.

Anime

Neo Member
its more like people dont like being told no personally im glad i imported the ones i already wanted all i need come friday is the splatoon 3 pack :)

Target is trying to take 1st place in the back pedal awards.

Lol this just further reiterates the notion that these retail social media accounts have low credibility.They contradict what they say with each message.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

Lol this just further reiterates the notion that these retail social media accounts have low credibility.They contradict what they say with each message.

Anime, I just finished watching Nichijou. Now would be a grand time for that second season! ;)

Also, can you speed up bringing the new Lupin the Third series over here? I know Italy gets it first, but I need them new blue jacket Lupin antics!

RootCause

Yeah I'd honestly say it's up there with some of my all time favorite games. I got the Xbox One Assassin's Creed bundle and it was my first time playing through the series. I thought it was decent, then I got Mordor for Christmas and it was like everything I wished Assassin's Creed was when I was playing it. Can't even touch them now, lol
I remember reading a lot of positive feedback about the combat, and thinking to myself that maybe people were hyping it a bit too much. Glad to see I was completely wrong. The nemesis system is great too, could be huge moving forward.

Crazy as it may sound, I've never had much fun(outside of black flag, loved the naval combat) with ac's combat. I just play them because I'm interested in its story. I wish they would make an honest attempt at improving the combat. It's the biggest focus of the game, and they fail miserably.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Amiibo Thread 7 | Come for they new amiibo, stay for the off topic discussion

Rocketz

Well they have to go off of what they are told.

*snip*

On second thought carry on

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Did Palutena and Dark Pit ever go up for pre-order anywhere in NA? Best Buy, Target, anything? Or are we still waiting on that? The Google does nothing.

No way. We don't even have Amazon Wave 4 up here while the rest of the world has Wave 5+ locked in. :(

Your name is also absolutely perfect for describing amiibo collecting.

No way. We don't even have Amazon Wave 4 up here while the rest of the world has Wave 5+ locked in. :(

Your name is also absolutely perfect for describing amiibo collecting.

Okay, thank you for the info. I keep seeing people going for the Wave 5 international ones and was worried I'd completely missed the NA ones. I haven't had to do international shipping yet, and I'm still hoping to avoid that.

Lol I like that my name can be spot-on or ironic depending on the situation. It wasn't intentional on my end, but hopefully people get a chuckle out of it once in a while. :D

Dimentios

It seems that amazon.it won't offer international shipping for amiibo anymore.

Atleast not within Europe. I wonder, if amazon.de, .co.uk, .es will join.

prmtyme

Neo Member
What do you mean "you ppl"?!

it is a big joke

"Amiibo hunters" they are laughing at us all. They know what happened before with the little mac wave release. I guess they are tired of handing out amazon credit for apologies like its candy lol

Kilau

"Amiibo hunters" they are laughing at us all. They know what happened before with the little mac wave release. I guess they are tired of handing out amazon credit for apologies like its candy lol

Considering how badly the just handled Marth, I don't think things will go smoothly when they put wave 4 up either.

kirby_fox

Banned
What if preorders for dark pit and palu go up Friday morning while we're all waiting in line to get wave 4 and we're so hyper focused on the release no one notices until it's too late?

The horror...

What if preorders for dark pit and palu go up Friday morning while we're all waiting in line to get wave 4 and we're so hyper focused on the release no one notices until it's too late?

The horror...

They'll probably give an official date of release at E3 and then the stores will offer the preorders the next few days at 3 in the morning!

1up

That is what I do; NEVER tell the competition when you are going or where, just give them legit tips only on stores you won't be going to.

That way, you help them AND help yourself.

Yep, I'm not going to that store, I just wanted to mess with him.

AdanVC

Seriously, what's up with NoA and their lack of wave 4 amiibo reminders on social networks... Not just Splatoon releases this friday helloooooo

Maybe they are already aware they would not be able to bring enough amiibo to meet demand so they prefer to act like only Splatoon is releasing this friday and then casually throw a wave 4 amiibo tweet like "Oh yeah wave 4 amiibo is out as well but sold-out already. Buy Splatoon and a Wii U instead!"

kirby_fox

Banned
Seriously, what's up with NoA and their lack of wave 4 amiibo reminders on social networks... Not just Splatoon releases this friday helloooooo

Maybe they are already aware they would not be able to bring enough amiibo to meet demand so they prefer to act like only Splatoon is releasing this friday and then casually throw a wave 4 amiibo tweet like "Oh yeah wave 4 amiibo is out as well but sold-out already. Buy Splatoon and a Wii U instead!"

Amiibo will sell regardless, why bother reminding people about something that sells out in 30 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom