• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V patch 1.10 out (PS4) improves/fixes POM

They explain in painful detail how different the pixels are but can't state how big the patch is?

I just DLed a 3.5 GB patch yesterday and I want to know how much room I'll have to free up.

PreFire

They explain in painful detail how different the pixels are but can't state how big the patch is?

I just DLed a 3.5 GB patch yesterday and I want to know how much room I'll have to free up.

Well I have shitty Internet and it downloaded in about 10 minutes while I was watching a movie streaming and surfing the net

Goldrusher

4.75 GB on PS4.

edit: Wait no, that's the total of patches so far.

Tainted

I guess I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't noticed the difference right through all the versions. All these fancy graphics effects go unnoticed by me....I guess I just focus on the gameplay and not the pixels

-griffy-

Banned
This is like the biggest wtf I have ever seen regarding a patch. Were their graphics team drunk for a number of weekdays? I have no idea what happened.

It's super weird, but hey at least they turned around patches pretty dang quick to fix the issues that were introduced.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones who hasn't noticed the difference right through all the versions. All these fancy graphics effects go unnoticed by me....I guess I just focus on the gameplay and not the pixels

I'm right with you. I have no idea how people enjoy gaming noticing all these minor things

ttech10

23a2a6ee998024ea1820e89bcfe35745639f63e4c8f2f019ba00e7fef4f3bedd.jpg

It honestly wasn't that hard to notice the lack of POM, especially when you play first person. I suppose some people are just more aware of surroundings, though, so it affects them more than others. One trip to Michael's house and there was clearly something was wrong.

Doesn't look like the car damage is up to par with what's seen in v1.08. Am I missing something?

People were saying 1.09 fixed it, but hours of playing on that version it never seemed to have as much damage as it had before. The most that happened was some bent tires.

Majanew

Banned
excellent. So finally the PS4 version is pretty much perfect. Now that the PC version is around the corner. Fuck you R*.
The PC version means what exactly?

Doesn't look like the car damage is up to par with what's seen in v1.08. Am I missing something?
Looks the same to me.

I'm right with you. I have no idea how people enjoy gaming noticing all these minor things
The frame-rate improving was noticed by several members here at GAF, including myself. The frame-rate dropping while driving was very noticeable before the patch and was easily noticeable it was improved, and it was snuck in 1.08. Lack of POM is more noticeable when walking around in first-person -- which is how I play the game, except while driving. I enjoy gaming and part of that is taking in the graphics that the devs created.

Yeah...because it's one or the other, right?

*Rolls eyes*

The PC version means what exactly

The PC version means for me I do not have much reason left to play my PS4 version. It took them this long to make it perfect... Quite bad if you ask me.

But I am not too salty, I will still play online with friends on PS4.

RdN

Nice. Quick fix from Rockstar.

I do wonder if they'd fix it so quickly (or at all) if it hadn't gained so much attention online...

fade_

The PC version means for me I do not have much reason left to play my PS4 version. It took them this long to make it perfect... Quite bad if you ask me.

But I am not too salty, I will still play online with friends on PS4.

How long do you think it'll take to make the PC version perfect =]

DavidDesu

Dammit I want to play Bloodborne, but I keep dying, meanwhile I could cruise around in GTAV, playing my own tunes, basking in the glory of a much improved framerate performance with NO downsides. ARGH!

eso76

Yup, definitely better now.

Performance seems stable too. Pop-in is what it is, always been there as far as I can tell.

Did they introduce some CA lately ?
IQ looks a tiny bit softer than it used to, but i might be seeing things

Also, let me enable motion blur (like the one happening when you switch to Trevor with a hangover) and then we're all set :p

Tainted

Yeah...because it's one or the other, right?

*Rolls eyes*

Of course. How dare we like graphics/pixles in video games. The horror.

Stop being obtuse ... what i'm saying is that these subtle graphics effects (or lack of) do not detract from my enjoyment of the game. I do not notice when they are missing and when they are re-added back as I am focusing on the actual gameplay and not if a road texture looks slightly blurry

If the game was butt ugly after one of the patches I'd agree with you...but this is far from the case.

Stop being obtuse ... what i'm saying is that these subtle graphics effects (or lack of) do not detract from my enjoyment of the game. I do not notice when they are missing and when they are re-added back as I am focusing on the actual gameplay and not if a road texture looks slightly blurry

If the game was butt ugly after one of the patches I'd agree with you...but this is far from the case.
Sounds like you also just don't pay attention to the game world that much (this is neither bad nor good). POM is all over the place though, and it DOES feel off when something looks really flat suddenly is inconsistent with the rest of the game world's depth and quality. From rocky walls at Franklin's or the train tracks or rocks / dirt all over the place that actually looks like rocks and not what appears like a photo of some rocks sitting on the ground.

Derpyduck

Banned
Does it fix the LOD and popin issues as well?

Pop-in is still as bad as it was on launch day. I only tested online, but I assume offline is the same. I drive my car through the hills and the grass/trees literally grow mere feet in front of me. The framerate in the city during daylight hours is still solid though. That was my biggest gripe when the game launched.

For whatever reason I still can't get the option to load immediately into GTA Online to work. It's set properly, but the game insists on loading story mode first unless I manually interrupt it.

This is like the biggest wtf I have ever seen regarding a patch. Were their graphics team drunk for a number of weekdays? I have no idea what happened.

My guess:
They analysed what caused the framedrops and worked on the effects that were over the ms budget. Somewhere in the process of optimising they fucked up and the effects they worked on ended up missing or toned down in the patch.

They have to have worked on these things in order to get the framerate up, otherwise it doesn't make sense that seemingly random effects have been missing or were toned down.

Majanew

Banned

It hasn't detracted from my enjoyment either. You wrote that you focus on the gameplay and not the pixels as if those of us that like checking out a game's graphical effects, or notice something off, are somehow not focusing on gameplay. When I'm hiding from the cops in first-person, I can easily see the ground. I'm not zipping around at 100 MPH. POM disappeared and we were wondering why. Same with the trees not swaying in the wind.

Top Bottom