• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat X |OT| This is NOT a Brutality. This is a FATALITY

Rizsparky

They've already improved Tanya, she looks leagues better in the preview ad on the main menu now. Glad to see that:

FOer3u3.jpg

edit: this is how she looked in story mode in comparison:
28mbJIr.png

Much better! Hope they make her interesting though. She was completely lacklustre in the story mode.

Wallach

So I picked up the Kombat Pack but I'm actually not sure if it's registered that I have it.

I had to unlock Shinnok in the story, as far as I can tell I don't have any of the Samurai skins for Kenshi/Kitana etc...

Are these costume packs not unlocked from the start once you get the Kombat Pack? I mean, PSN says I downloaded it and I have a receipt in my inbox, but I don't see an option to download anything.

For some reason after I got the Kombat Pack I had to get the Samurai Pack separately. It showed up as "Free" in the PSN store.

Softgels

Banned
Pretty pissed off at the PC version. I was able to get some stages to lock 60 fps even with a 4.6 2500k and a 290x, while others were a stuttering mess with all the fixes suggested included the ambient occulusion I mentioned earlier.

Glad I only paid 22$ for the steam key.

I went out and bought the PS4 version so I can actually get patches on time and have an online that functions along with a game supported by NR.

This game is still barely playable online on PC. What a goddamn joke.

I should never have bought into this knowing High Voltage Software were doing the port. I wish I could claim a refund but I'd never get it.

My PC isn't super high end (about the same specs as Xbone/PS4) and it plays the game perfectly with only the occasional sutter on the pre-fight videos. My only issue is the game randomly crashing to desktop, which seems to only happen during single matches, though.

Nemesis_

Much better! Hope they make her interesting though. She was completely lacklustre in the story mode.

I've always found her to be pretty boring but I'm excited to see how they flesh her out.

I love when the characters get moments like that. Mileena and Ermac were more or less pretty clones of the other Ninjas but in Deception they really came into their own.

I hope they make Tanya cool >_>

BTW when the fuck is Jason coming

I've remapped block to LT. Does that make me a strange person?

No. Whatever makes things easier for you.

I've always found her to be pretty boring but I'm excited to see how they flesh her out.

I love when the characters get moments like that. Mileena and Ermac were more or less pretty clones of the other Ninjas but in Deception they really came into their own

I hope they make Tanya cool >_>

BTW when the fuck is Jason coming

This is why I don't mind any characters from MK4-MK:A coming into the next game or as DLC for MKX. They can be redeemed easily, with the game going back to it's 2D plane. It'd do a lot of justice for characters.

Jason will be coming out in May 5th. We actually get to see what he finally plays like on the 4th.

Nemesis_

This is why I don't mind any characters from MK4-MK:A coming into the next game or as DLC for MKX. They can be redeemed easily, with the game going back to it's 2D plane. It'd do a lot of justice for characters.

Jason will be coming out in May 5th. We actually get to see what he finally plays like on the 4th.

Yeah. I feel like even though a lot were brought back for MKA they were understandably pretty half assed.

Tanya just has so much potential, I feel. I reckon they'll give her a style where she relies on her Kobu Jutsu (which I noticed she was actually holding in her Story Mode scene) and another one based around fire magic Not sure what they could do with a third.

Kalavaras

Banned
These combo timings make me sad. I just can't pull those off. I tried to do that Kanos combo that ends with a roll for an hour and it worked like once out of 20 tries. No way I'm taking Kano online ;_;

I think i fought this same guy! neotiger or some shit. So fucking annoying. i was playing kitana as well so had no way of closing

I just fought that guy also. Took him down to the last round and then the match disconnected. He loves to shoot those bullets with Jacqui and that's pretty much all he did. I also play Kitana and i ducked a lot and threw the occasional fan which usually hit him.

Demoskinos

So I picked up the Kombat Pack but I'm actually not sure if it's registered that I have it.

I had to unlock Shinnok in the story, as far as I can tell I don't have any of the Samurai skins for Kenshi/Kitana etc...

Are these costume packs not unlocked from the start once you get the Kombat Pack? I mean, PSN says I downloaded it and I have a receipt in my inbox, but I don't see an option to download anything.
You still have to go find the content and download it. Buying the kombat pack simply just flags the stuff as "Free" for you.

Fought my first two online matches last night, first with War God Kotal and second with Thunder God Raiden. I won the first round of both fights easily. Game lagged out on the second round of the first fight, no winner. I got utterly decimated by my opponent in the subsequent rounds of the second fight. Got pushed into a corner and combo'd to death, felt totally helpless.

lol, back to practice it is. Don't remember where I heard it but thanks whoever suggested forming a party of one to disable voice chat. Weird that there's no easier way to do it.

Wallach

Ugh tru3 learning Quan today. This guy's gonna get bandwagon'd so hard. Back to Kenshi I guess, lol.

Day 1 Z E R O I S S U E B O Y S

Whatever. That guy is gonna play everyone at some point anyway.

Besides, if they do nerf Chizzle it ain't gonna be my variation. *whistles*

OmegaDL50

Yeah. I feel like even though a lot were brought back for MKA they were understandably pretty half assed.

Tanya just has so much potential, I feel. I reckon they'll give her a style where she relies on her Kobu Jutsu (which I noticed she was actually holding in her Story Mode scene) and another one based around fire magic Not sure what they could do with a third.

Kenshi is one good example of a character introduced in the PS2 era 3D Mortal Kombat games that was greatly improved and felt a natural extension of the roster when he returned in MK9, and in MKX he seems better than ever.

Frost is another character from the 3D MK era that I think would have been another decent addition however due to existence of Variations, their may be too much overlap with Sub-Zero if Frost became playable. Although her having the ground freeze and some ice traps might be enough to differentiate the two.

Bo'Rai Cho is another character I think also interesting,
although his appearance in story mode gave me hope
he could be a future prospective character as DLC or a free update, but it would seem this is not the case.

Softgels

Banned
Kenshi is one good example of a character introduced in the PS2 era 3D Mortal Kombat games that was greatly improved and felt a natural extension when he returned in MK9, and in MKX he seems better than ever.

Frost is another character from the 2D MK era that I think would have been another decent addition however due to existence of Variations, their may be too much overlap with Sub-Zero if Frost became playable.

Bo'Rai Cho is another character I think also interesting,
although his appearance in story mode gave me hope
he could be a future prospective character as DLC or a free update, but it would seem this is not the case.

BRC is probably the most embarrassing MK character of all time. The only way he'd be acceptable to me is if they completely drop all the fart/puke offense. There is fun and playful, and then just juvenile stupid shit.

I'm guessing that like me he's in Europe.

We got the shaft.

Yup. Im in UK. importing it would just mean I'm only fighting american players(so terrible lag) or people into fighting games enough to bother and so would prob kick my ass.

I just need to accept that at 33 and with my own family I:
• don't have the reflexes I had as a kid
• don't have the time to get so good I muscle memory everything without a thought.
• won't be facing people at the same level as me often enough to make these games fun.

Its like 90% of the people playing fighting games are practising to go pro or something and no one plays them just to chill.

Basically I want to receate the times of sitting with some mates, drinking and playing winner stays on. But that's not gonna happen lol. I know this. But I have this fraction of hope that keeps making me buy these games.

OmegaDL50

BRC is probably the most embarrassing MK character of all time. The only way he'd be acceptable to me is if they completely drop all the fart/puke offense. There is fun and playful, and then just juvenile stupid shit.

Bo'Rai Cho apparently taught Liu Kang and Kung Lao their Bicycle Kick and Flying Kick move variants.

So as basically being their Drunken Master, in a 3D MK game rather than controlling ground space with large puke puddles. I'd say he would be a slower / heavier hitting version of Liu Kang with some Drunken Kung-Fu maneuvers thrown in. They would probably retain his puke puddle as a ground base immobility move similar to Sub-Zero's ground ice from MK2 / UMK3. This is the only way I'd see him work properly in a 2D MK fighter.

90sRobots

MK knowingly revels in juvenile stupid shit and it always has. That's kind of the appeal. Taking the series seriously means to embrace its silliness.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Yup. Im in UK. importing it would just mean I'm only fighting american players(so terrible lag) or people into fighting games enough to bother and so would prob kick my ass.

I just need to accept that at 33 and with my own family I:
• don't have the reflexes I had as a kid
• don't have the time to get so good I muscle memory everything without a thought.
• won't be facing people at the same level as me often enough to make these games fun.

Its like 90% of the people playing fighting games are practising to go pro or something and no one plays them just to chill.

Basically I want to receate the times of sitting with some mates, drinking and playing winner stays on. But that's not gonna happen lol. I know this. But I have this fraction of hope that keeps making me buy these games.

34 here, though no kids.

Sounds like you need to find an offline group, which exists in most every decent sized city in the UK. If you're in London I know theres a group of mostly older Guilty Gear players that hold regular meetups.

34 here, though no kids.

Sounds like you need to find an offline group, which exists in most every decent sized city in the UK. If you're in London I know theres a group of mostly older Guilty Gear players that hold regular meetups.

If I was single or even didn't have a kid that sort of thing would be right up my street I think. But now, I wouldn't have the time or energy lol. I dont think any of my current real life friends are in to fighting games either. Online against faceless randoms also doesn't feel the same for other reasons.

I guess I'll just play the single player when I want to indulge in my nostalgia. Its still good fun in MK.

I haven't been paying too much attention...but I did buy the kombat pass.

is it confirmed that the 4 DLC characters will have:

-Arcade Endings
-3 Variations
-Full suite of fatalities/brutalities?
-Included alternate costumes?

LakeEarth

I haven't been paying too much attention...but I did buy the kombat pass.

is it confirmed that the 4 DLC characters will have:

-Arcade Endings
-3 Variations
-Full suite of fatalities/brutalities?
-Included alternate costumes?

Based on MK9 DLC characters, yes, yes, yes and probably.

What does it mean if a move hits mid?
So you have to block mids high?

Just looking over kanos movelists and he has mids but not a single overhead.

What does it mean if a move hits mid?
So you have to block mids high?

Just looking over kanos movelists and he has mids but not a single overhead.

Overhead - Blocked by standing (high) hits crouching, ducking
High - Blocked by either standing or crouching, but whiffs when ducking (down WITHOUT holding block)
Mid - Blocked by standing or crouching, hits ducking
Low - Blocked only by crouching, hits standing and ducking(?)

Most throws that aren't command grabs are considered HIGHs.
Most projectiles are considered HIGH, though are often made a MID by using meter.

I just recently found out about the variation names for Jason.

- Slasher
- Relentless
- Unstoppable

Curious as to what the cosmetic changes will be. I assume one will strictly be with a machete (Slasher) and another with a more undead look to him. I dunno'

A week left!

RedFury

Does anyone know the release date for hori commander 4? Just bought one only to find out it's not even released yet. It say May 5th on Amazon but people already have one it seems.

I just recently found out about the variation names for Jason.

- Slasher
- Relentless
- Unstoppable

Curious as to what the cosmetic changes will be. I assume one will strictly be with a machete (Slasher) and another with a more undead look to him. I dunno'

A week left!

burlap sack jason?? maybe

No, but some of them are usually hints for what may happen in the next game.

Oh I see. I got really angry at Sonya's

she dreamed that Kano had cassie and Jay tied up and she had to decide who will live. She then ask Kano to kill cassie, Kano kills Jax, she Wakes up to Johnny telling him jax is dead. I understand that Jax is a close friend, possibly more in the pass, but choosing him over your own daughter!!!

Bo'Rai Cho apparently taught Liu Kang and Kung Lao their Bicycle Kick and Flying Kick move variants.

So as basically being their Drunken Master, in a 3D MK game rather than controlling ground space with large puke puddles. I'd say he would be a slower / heavier hitting version of Liu Kang with some Drunken Kung-Fu maneuvers thrown in. They would probably retain his puke puddle as a ground base immobility move similar to Sub-Zero's ground ice from MK2 / UMK3. This is the only way I'd see him work properly in a 2D MK fighter.

Yeah, the puke puddle would probably stay and it's not that bad of an idea even though it's disgusting, but the farting stuff HAS to go. He has potential as a Drunken Fist character so I really would like him to get a chance in future DLC/MKXI.

Oh I see. I got really angry at Sonya's

she dreamed that Kano had cassie and Jay tied up and she had to decide who will live. She then ask Kano to kill cassie, Kano kills Jax, she Wakes up to Johnny telling him jax is dead. I understand that Jax is a close friend, possibly more in the pass, but choosing him over your own daughter!!!

Uh, pretty sure you have that exactly backwards.

Top Bottom