• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U DLC |OT| Mewtwo Strikes Back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Megaman's Side Smash should have less output lag, make it more viable. Also would like to see Meta-Knight get a little bit more power on some of his moves. Talk about a character who got the nerf-stick hard.

SaberVulcan

My wishlist:
1. Universally increase the range of swordsmen, they absolutely should not have less range than characters like Diddy.
2. Universally decrease the size of blast zones

3. Half shield regeneration time
4. Make Mii Fighters playable in random online, showing default Miis on opponents' consoles
5. Add in an additional mode between regular and custom, allowing custom moves to be used but not any of the equipment
6. Make it possible to quickly and easily choose a custom move set from the CSS
7. Allow custom moves online, promising a balance patch for them at a later time once more data has been taken
8. Allow custom moves in all modes, including All-Star
9. Add in an easy way to unlock custom moves, such as purchasing them from a shop or earning them after online matches
10. Remove the ability to get duplicate custom moves
11. On Wii U, have the last used profile save during your session so you don't have to repick your name every time you return to the CSS
12. Save last used battle options between sessions
13. Add in "alpha" versions of stages that remove hazards/traveling and walkoffs
14. Allow certain "alpha" stages to be used in For Glory online (such as Battlefield or Smashville)

Good list. Bolded stuff are stuff I personally have been wishing for. Especially the sword one. The hitboxes are just silly small comparatively.

Honestly I'm more hyped for custom stage sharing in the update. But when Lucas comes back tho!

also
PuTrFjK.jpg

Geg

*Googles* Definitely 50. Nah she's a pain to fight. Not impossible but still a pain.

Yeah I've only fought against one Rosalina on For Glory but it went all the way to less than 10 seconds left on the clock before I managed to win. Rosalinas who hide behind Lumas are a real pain

NateDog

Was there any suggestion of when Nintendo will send out the Mewtwo codes? I hope it isn't too late, my Wii U also better not start messing around when the update comes up, last time I tried to download MK8 and Smash updates it took me about 3 hours to get it to actually do it since it kept freezing on the "preparing download" screen (or whatever it says).

How do you think, will there be more 8-player stages in the Wii U version?

(Give us at least that... I do not even dare to ask about stage hazard/boss toggle and name saving.)

How do you think, will there be more 8-player stages in the Wii U version?

(Give us at least that... I do not even dare to ask about stage hazard/boss toggle and name saving.)

Yes, 2 of the press shots of Mewtwo/Mii Costumes featured (at least) 6 player Wuhu Island and 6 player Boxing Ring.

So those are probably coming.

Also in the Mii video, ROB's eyes worked, so I guess they fixed that issue as well.

KHlover

Banned
Great, Mewto gets released and I won't be able to play SSB since I'll be high on sedation drugs from getting my Wisdom Teeth removed :/

Durden77

I would say buff Falco, but I don't even really know what they could give him. I still love playing him and I still think he's godlike off stage, but his character is inherently hard to improve. Maybe a bit less ending lag on lasers and speed up his spike a bit?

Yes, 2 of the press shots of Mewtwo/Mii Costumes featured (at least) 6 player Wuhu Island and 6 player Boxing Ring.

So those are probably coming.

Oh, snap! I remember reporting these news on my local resource... how could I forget that?

Here are screenshots for people like me:

yigdz2FCufI.jpg

Although, now I am kinda impressed at working screen on the background of Boxing Ring. Considering that Wii Fit Studio got rid of mirrors in 8-player smash, that's surprising.

(mat)

I just got super stoked for tourney mode to return at some point. It would really increase my use of Amiibos. Most of the opponents would be replaced with them in my tournaments.

JoeInky

Although, now I am kinda impressed at working screen on the background of Boxing Ring. Considering that Wii Fit Studio got rid of mirrors in 8-player smash, that's surprising.

The screen is just the current framebuffer rendered to a smaller texture whereas on Wii Fit it's rendering extra models as they actually have to be mirrored rather than rendering the exact same view the player has.

Implementation might be different than what I've said but that's basically what's going on there and why the screen is less taxing than the mirror.

Oh, snap! I remember reporting these news on my local resource... how could I forget that?

Here are screenshots for people like me:

yigdz2FCufI.jpg

They probably stopped the lights from being breakable and maybe changed the physics of the ropes in the Boxing Ring. I'm not sure about what are the changes in Wuhu Island to make it 8 player-vialable, maybe eliminated the planes in the background?

The screen is just the current framebuffer rendered to a smaller texture whereas on Wii Fit it's rendering extra models as they actually have to be mirrored rather than rendering the exact same view the player has.

Implementation might be different than what I've said but that's basically what's going on there.

Well... it seems so, considering, one can even rotate the screen in photo mode, and the BG screen will change too.

J@hranimo

Banned
I would say buff Falco, but I don't even really know what they could give him. I still love playing him and I still think he's godlike off stage, but his character is inherently hard to improve. Maybe a bit less ending lag on lasers and speed up his spike a bit?

Yeah that's essentially it. I saw the idea Sakurai was going with Falco's dair having startup for a more risk/reward type of thing but it's too extreme to be used in a competitive environment consistently without being punished. It needs to be sped up more.

Idk what to do about the lasers, I'm fine with them being just being a straight up disrupting projectile. Also I wished his run speed was a bit faster but that's just a dream :p

Kouichi

Yeah as a Falco main I feel the same way. I think he's a pretty balanced character overall. Here's a few small things I'd improve though:

-Faster lasers
-Make it easier to sweetspot the down air
-Make it easier to get all hits with neutral air
-Fix the up smash so characters don't randomly fall out in the middle of it.

So I'm guessing us peasants living in countries without Club Nintendo will have to wait a couple weeks and buy him? Since, you know... There's absolutely no way for Nintendo to recognise digital purchases on the same account cross-platform.

yes, that last sentence is sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom