• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony were trying to get the rights to a Pokemon and Super Smash Bros movie?

Choomp

Banned
Is it bad that I can kinda see the "NCU" happening? I don't know, it seems like something's in the works at this point.

Kazerei

Banned
I could see a Smash Bros movie working like a superhero crossover movie, where Mario, Link, Samus, etc. find themselves together in an alternate universe and have to save the day.

I know SPE has very little to do with SCEI, but it's still kinda funny the idea of Sony producing a movie with Nintendo.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
A Smash Bros project without Sakurai involved would go about as well as the last time Sony tried to make a Smash Bros project without Sakurai involved.

QFRtYLy.gif

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Smash Bros should be the Avengers of the Nintendo universe. They should make movies with a bunch of properties and then bring them together.

The Giant

Banned
I wonder if this is a done deal. I think Iwata will announce it at the investors meeting on May 7. Since Iwata will be talking about their aggressive ip licensing or announce it at Comic Con.

Seeing how someone from Temco Koei helped with the Mario negotiations between Sony Pictures and Nintendo.

Cider

Man, i feel like i sound more professional emailing the fucking mailroom on my apartment building telling them to not ship my shit back to amazon because i keep forgetting to pick it up mom

Etria

If it had the same quality as the smash cg character trailers and subspace emissary scenes.......DAY 0.

Agreed. Imagine a Smash movie with the epic feeling of the reveal trailers, only instead of a few minutes, we get more than one hour of gloriousness.

Top Bottom