• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront supports 2P split-screen online

Compsiox

Banned
Oh god. THE FPS! The Master Chief Collection couldn't do splitscreen in the anniversary maps without large drops in FPS. I find it hard to believe the Xbox One version will run at 60FPS splitscreen with those graphics.

joeyjoejoe

Neo Member
Is it wrong that I'm concerned the graphics will be even worse on console because of this? Here's hoping for 'low quality' for split screen!

trixx

Finally a confirmation.
One of the best things about battlefront games was split-screen. Makes this game much more appealing now.

Vidpixel

Yeah, this is great news. I'm curious as to what concessions will be made to help the performance, though. Probably will drop the game to 30 fps, right?

Krakn3Dfx

Okay+den+bby+_88cbd0bcaa498c02904009b8c71aa346.jpg
Niiiiice.

TheXbox

Everything I hear about the gameplay sounds totally on-point. It's way closer to traditional Battlefront than I would have ever imagined. Now if they could actually show some of it, that would be swell.
and tell me there are more maps :/

Beaulieu

Article seems to say split screen is possible for coop missions but I dont know if it will be there for the online play.

It'll be really awesome if this works with SharePlay. Given the exclusive marketing deal, I wouldn't be shocked if Sony negotiated it into the deal.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
And from DICE too. I don't recall the last DICE game with split-screen. I hope the framerate can keep. Don't mind if graphics/resolution have to take a hit.

I'm just glad to see a new FPS (/TPS) that is featuring split-screen. 4 player would be even better, but this is a start.

Jibbed

It is?

I'm pretty sure Halo 3 did 4-player split-screen back in 2007.

For this gen where it's almost a given SS will be overlooked, yeah it is.

Split-screen was a huge part of what made the first 2 games so much fun, too.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It is?

I'm pretty sure Halo 3 did 4-player split-screen back in 2007.

And now Halo 5 is reducing the split-screen count to 2. Like Call of Duty Ghosts and Advanced Warfare before it.

In an age where split-screen in big titles is either nonexistent or constantly shrinking, this is a pretty big deal.

This is nice. I am taking my nephews to see the new movie at the midnight showing and I was going to let them play Battlefront leading up to it. Now they can both play at the same time.

Top Bottom