• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are some of the best eShop titles on the 3DS?

Dominator

Just want to know if I'm missing any gems that I don't already have. I'm sure there are a few that are great that I don't have. I'm from the US so only NA games for me but if there are some in other regions feel free to post them for other posters.

I'm talking about eShop only titles here, so games that are also on retail don't count.

I have:

BOXBOY!
Crashmo
Dillon's Rolling Western
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger
Fluidity: Spin Cycle
HarmoKnight
Inazuma Eleven
Mario and Donkey Kong: Mini's on the Move
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Duel Destinies
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy
Pokemon Shuffle
Pushmo
Rusty's Real Deal Baseball

Enlighten me GAF!

Zombine

Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Definitely Shovel Knight.

The 3D Classics are well-done if you like any of those games.

I haven't played it but Attack of the Friday Monsters is supposed to be good.

Mudron

Attack of the Friday Monsters is a cute-as-balls little game where you play as a Japanese schoolkid (and huge fan of Godzilla-style giant monster TV shows) running around late 70's Tokyo suburb. I've never played anything else quite like it.

AFM_Screen_4.jpg

Gunman clive 1/2. Fun little titles with megaman esque gameplay in a wildwest theme with great art style and music. Gaffer made too. Can't recommend them enough.

maxcriden

tumblr_mqc99tldU31qzp9weo6_400.gif

As said in other posts above, Attack of the Friday Monsters is a really charming little game. Granted it doesn't have a lot of action, but as others have said before, it's the best way to revisit the 1970's Japanese countryside childhood you never had.

Eolz

Wayforward games
Shovel Knight
3DS Sega remakes
Crimson Shroud
Weapon Shop de omasse
Sayonara Umihara Kawase if you don't get the Vita re-release

Steel Diver Sub Wars

Dominator

Wow a lot I need to check out already. Some I've never even heard of lol

Shovel Knight I have on Wii U and I'm gonna get in a few days for PS4/Vita, but definitely a great game.

TheMoon

Proun+
Might Switch Force 1+2
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Siesta Fiesta
A-Train 3D: City Simulator
Steel Diver: Sub Wars
SteamWorld Dig
Cave Story
Gunman Clive 1+2
Shovel Knight
VVVVVV
OlliOlli
The Keep
Shantae & the Pirate's Curse
Retro City Rampage DX
Urban Trial Freestyle
Liberation Maiden
Attack of the Friday Monsters
Crimson Shroud
Mario vs DK: Tipping Stars

Bike Rider DX + DX2 are supposed to be good as well but I have no first-hand experience with them

the SEGA 3D Classics games of course (except for Ecco the Dolphin and ...what was it? Altered Beast or something?)

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
If you like balls-hard 2D platformers...
  • Mutant Mudds
  • VVVVVV
  • 1001 Spikes
If you like old-school Mega Man games...
  • Gunman Clive 1 & 2
  • Mighty Switch Force 1 & 2
If you like Metroidvanias...
  • Shantae and the Pirates Curse
  • Xeodrifter
  • Steamworld Dig
If you like logic puzzles...
  • Picross e 1-5
  • Slitherlink
  • Tappingo 1 & 2
Special mention for The Starship Damrey if you like adventure games.

Vena

Pokemon Shuffle is pretty good if you like match-3, I've certainly never spent a cent on it but got a good amount of playtime out of it before I moved on to XBC.

Liberation Maiden but ONLY if you are right handed.

I recommended it to a friend forgetting he was left handed and assumed there was an option to move with the face buttons because it is a touch based game. There is no control options however.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Liberation Maiden but ONLY if you are right handed.

I recommended it to a friend forgetting he was left handed and assumed there was an option to move with the face buttons because it is a touch based game. There is no control options however.

Game isnt even that good to be honest, expected something better, the shmup minigames in No More Heroes were better.

Vena

Posted before I have it on Wii U and am getting it in a few days for PS4/Vita! Awesome game.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, I'll look into all of them for sure.

Do yourself a favor and get it on 3DS to see it in 3D as YCG did a fantastic job with it, you're not really gaining anything on the PS4/Vita that you wouldn't already have on the WiiU aside from a brief Kratos fight.

I'm not very far into the game at all but I'd say if A-Train seems at all interesting to you, you should get it. I'll also add +1 to Attack of the Friday Monsters, it's probably the most sentimental and lovable game I've ever played. Liberation Maiden I think is worth a buy when it's on sale, provided your okay with a) controls that heavily favor right-handed people and b) a relatively short campaign at maybe two hours.

Top Bottom