• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elder Scrolls Online Beta (PS4/Xbox One) starts tomorrow

dugdug

Banned
Considering it's invite-only, was there a place to sign up for this originally? Or are they just picking PSN members at random?

ironcreed

Banned
I can't remember if I signed up or not, but I think I did. In any case, I have the game pre-ordered digitally on PS4. It sure would be nice to get in.

Raxious

There was a place to sign up originally. They sent emails out a few weks ago for you to confirm your platform.

Yea, I'm curious if all those who got that email regarding platform will get access ( probably not ).

Two important questions:

When will invites for the ESOTU console beta test be sent out?
Invites start going out today, Wednesday 22nd April, at 2.00pm GMT, so check your inbox! Don’t forget to check your spam box, too (just in case!) We strongly advise that those invited start downloading the game as soon as possible

When is the ESOTU console beta test?
The ESOTU console beta test opens on Thursday, 23rd April at 2.00pm GMT and ends on Monday, 27th April at 2.00pm GMT.

It's 4PM here and I haven't gotten an email yet, so I'm not expecting to have been selected. Kinda sucks cause even though I can get that 15 euro upgrade, I'm still doubting whether or not I should.

There was a place to sign up originally. They sent emails out a few weks ago for you to confirm your platform.
Yep,I got that email twice.

Remember, there is no NDA for this event so we encourage everyone on PS4 to stream the beta over Twitch or UStream by using your PS4’s built-in share capabilities. We’ll be on the lookout for great streams to share!
Nice.

Ricker

Still debating if I want to do the 20 bucks transfer from the PC for this,havent touched it since all the changes and patch and since it went free to play so I might of had my fill...loved it though...

MaKTaiL

I recieved an email a couple weeks ago too. I had to confirm my plataform of choice. I hope I get the codes, can't wait to play this.

Arkeband

Banned
Considering how much of a disappointment this was on PC, can anyone explain to me why a console release would change that?

I haven't found consoles to ever be the 'definitive' platform for MMO's...

T-Rex.

Banned
I received an email a week or so back asking me to confirm the platform I wanted to play it on. No code as of yet though.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Considering how much of a disappointment this was on PC, can anyone explain to me why a console release would change that?

It's improved a whole hell of a lot from what I understand.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I got invited last week so I chose XB1 and the European server. Haven't heard anything else.

It's improved quite a bit and dropped the subscription. This game could have a large playerbase on console as well. As long as it runs well I am most likely gonna get on console

I have never played any of these games. Are they good as hype says?
I don't think you can compare this game to the quality of the previous games. The other Elder Scrolls games are all made by Bethesda Game Studios and are way different this this game. If you're wanting to try out one of these games, give Skyrim or Oblivion a shot first. I'd hate for you first foray into the series to be TES:O (but I'm not saying that this game is horrible or anything).

ironcreed

Banned
Seeing as how many describe it as feeling pretty much just like another Elder Scrolls game that just so happens to also be online, I expect it will be pretty popular on consoles. I mean, I love The Elder Scrolls and I know I can't wait to play what is essentially a new one.

Mastperf

I was curious if they were gonna do a beta but apparently I completely missed the chance to sign up. I'm not sure exactly how I never saw the thread about it.

Simo

I take it if you signed up for both the PS4 and Mac beta and got in to the latter then there won't be a invite for the PS4 one? Darn it. :(

k1t4j

I did not get invited but I hope you guys bring some good news on how it plays with a controler how it looks like in the PS4.

Enjoy guys!

Raxious

Has anyone received a code yet?

Atleast for EU keys are apparently given out today and tonight:

If you answered the survey, that means you are eligible for an invite to the console beta, but it is not a guarantee. We are sending out invites throughout today and tonight, so please keep an eye on your email inbox (your spam folder, too, just in case.)

theDeeDubs

Confirmed XB1 as my platform last week. I'll probably get it on there anyway, but I figured it would have less competition for beta keys too.

Chris_C

Yea, I'm curious if all those who got that email regarding platform will get access ( probably not ).

Two important questions:

It's 4PM here and I haven't gotten an email yet, so I'm not expecting to have been selected. Kinda sucks cause even though I can get that 15 euro upgrade, I'm still doubting whether or not I should.

Same here, I kinda want to get the upgrade, but if I don't get in the beta I'll just wait till they implement controller support on PC before I start playing again.

damn, I had no idea there was sign ups for the console version. or at least I dont remember them. I wish they also included the people who pre-ordered the game. It was cheaper price wise to pre order it on PSN store.

I'm in the same boat. Signed up a year ago, reminder e-mail last week verifying my console of choice, now I'm just waiting for the code.

Oddly enough excited to see how this runs on consoles. Haven't touched the PC version at all since its launch woes but a few friends of mine that still play said it's quite enjoyable now.

Hopefully I still get a code.

Top Bottom