• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X English Direct April 24th

wrowa

I dont know...

Whats left for e3 then?

The internet will be flooded with Xenoblade X videos by the end of the month anyway. There's really no need to hold information back until E3, since people will know everything about the game one way or another by that point.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I appreciate the work behind a possible NA release near the Japanes one, and I'm looking forward for Yoshi too, but maaaaaaan, everything points to a late EU release ;(

Peltz

So we're all thinking September for English version release then?

What's the Japanese date again?

I'm going to predict either a late September or October release in NA. However, they may pull an August release. It's really difficult to predict the Treehouse's timing for translation on these bigger projects.

It's coming out next week in Japan.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
For a September release date they could have just waited for E3. Having a dedicated game direct now seems to point to an earlier release date.

Lehow

OMG, I didn't expect any information regarding Xenoblade X this soon. I can't contain my excitment, It's too high right now.

Fandangox

e3-gif-7.gif

wmlk

For a September release date they could have just waited for E3. Having a dedicated game direct now seems to point for an earlier release date.

What's the problem with showcasing it now and about a month later at E3? This is clearly going to be the main showcase and it needs all the press it can get.

Peltz

Guys, my hype levels have never been quite so high for a game in recent memory. I thought I was hyped by Zelda for Wii U, but I'm actually looking forward to this game even more 0_0!

I surprise even myself considering how much I love Zelda.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What's the problem with showcasing it now and about a month later at E3? This is clearly going to be the main showcase and it needs all the press it can get.

It would be quite un-Nintendo to do that. Showing it in a usual Nintendo Direct is fine, but having a game Direct for what you suppose to be the highlight of the E3, it's like showing half of a movie before showing the trailer. There's no logic in it.

Edit: there will be also a Treehouse segment after the Direct.

Golnei

I appreciate the work behind a possible NA release near the Japanes one, and I'm looking forward for Yoshi too, but maaaaaaan, everything points to a late EU release ;(

Late? Going from the precedent of recent NoE releases, it's not going to be much more than a year after the game comes out in the US, maybe even earlier than that. If anything you should be grateful.

ZeroXZee

HAPPENING.

HYPWE FUEL AT MAX, CHOO CHOO

Wonder how far localization is in.

Iwata:

"The Treehouse guys are fuckin' awesome and already translated the whole game. BTW, it's avaliable tomorrow on stores, and on the eShop right now".

* Put some black shades * 8D

"Please Understand, Mothafuckas!"

September is my bet

tebunker

Banned
It would be quite un-Nintendo to do that. Showing it in a usual Nintendo Direct is fine, but having a game Direct for what you suppose to be the highlight of the E3, it's like showing half of a movie before showing the trailer. There's no logic in it.
How do you know it's supposed to be the highlight of E3?

I mean none of us have any clue as to what NOA is up to.

I think the direct tomorrow will tell you if the game will be the "highlight" of E3.

And I agree with your earlier point that the direct tomorrow does point to a midsummer release.

glaurung

It'd be amazing if they announced a June-July release date.

Sadly, I think this will be released in English no sooner than November.

It's ok, they'll take the extra time to throw out NoA's dub and give us superior british accents.

wmlk

Edit: there will be also a Treehouse segment after the Direct.

Considering how massive this game is and how little of it can be shown in one Direct, and how it has become the big system seller for this year after Zelda U's delay, I don't think you can make assume that things should be the same as it was with Bayonetta for example. We've had four Japanese Directs for this game and they've all been very diverse.

And they won't just show a trailer or whatever at E3 since Treehouse will do their streams, too, so I don't think that logic holds.

Neoxon

It'd be amazing if they announced a June-July release date.

Sadly, I think this will be released in English no sooner than November.
That's most likely Star Fox territory. As awesome as Xenoblade X looks, I don't think Nintendo can market it as their big holiday game.

Sometime between Late June & Early October seems more plausible right now.

This is awesome news!

I wasn't expecting that we would hear about the release date so soon.

If it's an English presentation that means we might also see the game presented in English as well I think.

Will watch this as soon as I get home tomorrow.

Top Bottom