• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guillermo del Toro confirms he will not be collaborating with Kojima on Silent Hills

There really needs to be some explaining going on now. I wish someone would get to the bottom of all this and get the real scoop about what's going on in konami.

I don't think it's anything complicated.

Konami : "Why the fuck are you all (Konami devs) working on a Silent Hill game when you all can be making more MGS!?"

Asd202

A12832518-148.jpg

I feel like Konami is done with video games in like 2 years or so. They threw the last ounces of anything regarding a following down the toilet with the rhythm game fans and the Kojima debacle.

Most definitely. After the next MGS without Kojima fails miserably there will be out of gaming for good.

hotandserious

Neo Member
Hopefully Sony can back the game and reassemble the team - just retitle it The Phantom Terror (P.T.) and everyone will know what it is.

Ok I hope they just let the Silent Hill franchise die. It can't be saved anymore. I don't want any more mediocre crap to taint the series. Fuck Konami. We had a potential masterpiece on our hands here!

liquidtmd

Banned
After TPP, I'm out in terms of Konami. Never again. Part boycott, part they legitimately don't have anything else of interest, part the lack of communication about any of this.

Honestly I hope these decisions kill Konami, its amazing how badly the company has been run over the last 5-10 years and when it finally looked like they might turn it all around Kojima is leaving/being forced out/fired and the most exciting horror game in a decade is canceled. Between what they've been doing by sending games off to die without any damn marketing, that e3 2010 press conference (seriously go watch it again, its amazing how bad it is and how everyone on stage seems to be high as kite), whats happened with Kojima recently, and everything else they've done I just have intention of supporting this company anymore.

I was hyped for MGS5 but no longer going to buy it I want nothing to do with anything they put out anymore.

Xater

Not surprised at all. First thought that crossed my mind when the Kojima business was happening was that this is probably cancelled.

Gutted. P.T was one of the freshest gaming experiences i can remember and the scariest piece of media i'd ever come across.

Fucking Konami.

I mean, I would rather it not happen than Konami go ahead without Kojima on it. Maybe this way Del Toro and Kojima can get help making a horror game from a company whose management isn't actually just man-sized babies.

Ushiwaka

Fuck.

Silent Hills was a dream project. Kojima + Del Toro. The insanity would have been beyond comprehension. Fuck you Konami, fuck you.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Or bomberman

Buying/assimilating Hudson just to... kill everything was... business is a weird place.

Now you get the stubbornness of holding on to IP and doing nothing with them, literally nothing, and not selling them on. Because they're "assets".

HMD

Sony would never touch this project, as much as we like to deny it, Kojima is expensive, and Konami was only willing to throw money on Silent Hill to revive the dead franchise, and I guess they officially gave up.

I really never wish a company to die off because of all the good people involved whose jobs depend on the company, but this is cutting it real close...

MGSV will be my last Konami title, but I'll be making a custom cover with Kojima's name on it.

Top Bottom