• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday 2015 - 4 major FPS - Where's your money going this Fall?

daevv

Only Battlefront....but not till Christmas or early 2016. No way I'm paying full price for it here in Canada.

Kasper

The only one I have any interest in is Siege. I rarely play FPS games these days, but that concept intrigues me.

VinFTW

In order of interest.

1. Halo 5
2. Rainbow 6: Siege
3. Star Wars: Battlefront

But in all honesty I'm holding off before purchasing till I know which of these are best for me, and hold up online wise. Will definitely be purchasing at least one of them though. Halo 5 and Forza 6 are the games I'm hoping I'll buy an Xbox One with, so there's a lot riding on these two.

Not sure if you saw, but there is going to be a limited edition console for H5. Might be a sweet deal. Def. hold off to see if it's worth it.

Griss

Battlefront is an FPS? Holy shit, I thought it was an RTS all this time. Shows what I know about Star Wars stuff (not interested).

Anyway, the answer is none of the four, but if I had an XB1 I'd consider Halo 5 pending reviews.

Battlefront. Can't wait.

EDIT: and I'm sure my son will pressure me to pick up an Xbox One for Halo 5. But we weren't that impressed with 4, so we'll wait and see.

Vader Penguin will be there!

Also I've taken a break ( packed up the ps4) I'm shifting into a better house and I've got another project on my hands ( aside from the camera one) so getting time to game is difficult :-(

Battlefront. Maybe if I get a chance to play Black Ops 3 beta then I may pick that up as well.

You can preorder Black Ops III from Amazon, they don't charge you until the game ships. You will get your code 2 - 3 business days after placing your order. Got Destiny Beta, Rainbow Six: Siege Beta, and Black Ops III Beta from Amazon. You can cancel your order after getting the Beta codes.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Only Siege for me. Could care less about the other three.

kevin1025

Banned
In terms of probability, I'll be getting Battlefront, Call of Duty and Halo 5. In terms of excitement level, same order. Battlefront is the one I'm most looking forward to.

Grief.exe

I mean

Halo 5
343 hasn't exactly inspired confidence

Rainbow Six
Probably has the most potential out of all releases. Ubisoft though, so playing the wait and see.

Battlefront
Pre-ordering EA games isn't advisable, especially those on a required release schedule (Star Wars movie release)

Call of Duty
How you guys can get excited for yet another Call of Duty game is beyond me.

Halo 5 is costing me as much as all the games together and it's going to be my only physical Xbox One game. I'm also going to get Black Ops 3 to get in on that zombie action and play a multi-player game that isn't as serious.

Can we also include Destiny Comet, assuming it release this fall? I swear I have a love/hate relationship with Destiny and for some reason I'm going to keep playing it. I can't stay way permanently

Fbh

Cod or Battlefront.......mabye.

I'm feeling like playing a new COD (haven't played one since Black Ops 1) and this new one looks decent. I like the co-op campaign thing and between zombies and competitive multiplayer it seems like it might be pretty good. So far it's a "wait and see"

As for Battlefront. It's Star Wars so that's awesome, but I really have little interest in playing Battlefield 3/4 with a Star Wars skin. So I'm waiting until we get a real, unedited gameplay video before I decide to buy it

Deadbeat

Banned
Assuming it's actually coming out holiday 2015, this is the obvious answer:

6E4X0BS.jpg
You are thinking they didnt fuck up the reboot. Assume they did and be surprised if they didnt. Thats how im handling anything from Insomniac. Actually thats how I handle all videogames nowadays to avoid disappointment.

Dargor

Probably none of them, with only Battlefront being a weak maybe.

Simply can't enjoy FPSs as I once did.

Halo's pretty much a given - I really enjoyed that beta, and I'm onboard for the full game.

Battlefront is a bit more touch-and-go with me. The lack of a singleplayer really rubs me the wrong way, since nothing interests me less than Battlefield multiplayer. But I'll be high on a Star Wars buzz starting in about mid-October, so it'll somehow end up on my shelf.

Siege seems conceptually interesting, but not for me. The gameplay makes me think of CS:GO in a way, which I never had affection for. At least not as a $60 product.

I'm momentarily entranced with BLOPS3. It looks like Titanfall with a full campaign, and all the unnecessary opulence of Activision's star franchise. Not a firm preorder, but more interested than I usually am in the franchise.

Bgamer90

Banned
All of them except for Call Of Duty. Wasn't really impressed with what was shown yesterday. Black Ops III looks like a mix of various shooters and I would rather play the other shooters coming out this year that look more focused at giving a unique experience, and aren't part of series that have yearly entries.

Halo and Battlefront are my top 2 easily. Siege looked good at first but idk now. We'll see. CoD, I'll probably get it to play with my cousins but hopefully it isn't a 1 shot kill like blops2

DICE's version of large levels and vehicles has been my jam for over a decade, so unless Battlefront turns out to be shit in some manner, I'll be getting that.
Kind of like Halo. Halo is ok. Might get Halo.
Rainbow Six looks like it'll probably be a good one of those, but those aren't really my thing.
Don't much care for CoD MP either. Been waiting for the campaign to justify the price. By the time I feel it does, it's old hat because the next one is out. The last Call of Duty I bought was Modern Warfare. The streak will likely continue.

Can't wait for SW:Battlefront. Really hope EA pulls off another beta during E3 so I can touch it.

R6: Siege looks interesting, but UBI is master of under-delivering, so I have no trust in them. Besides, I like more large-scale games. This looks like next-gen CS at best.

Battlefront and Black Ops 3 for sure.

Most likely Rainbow Six, pending beta impressions.

Didn't like the Halo 5 beta, and after MCC, 343 has kind of killed Halo for me.

A.J.

Banned
Battlefront and Blops 3 more than likely. Probably won't get Halo 5 unless it is functional and they throw in some more interesting content,

MiguelItUp

Battlefront is the one that I'm the most excited about. However I'm still definitely interested in BLOPS 3 as well considering Treyarch handles the series best IMO. I tried playing the Rainbow Siege Alpha, and I just wasn't feeling it at all. Might have been the players I've played with, I just didn't feel engaged. I don't plan on messing with Halo 5 considering I've never been a Halo fan, but it'd be nice to have a new Xbox One exclusive.

100% Halo 5
80% sure Call of Duty. I say I'm going to wait and see every year for CoD but wind up getting it anyways.
25% sure Battlefront. The lack of a proper campaign killed all my hype for this game.
0% Rainbow Six. Never played one and it's never interested me.

vypek

You can preorder Black Ops III from Amazon, they don't charge you until the game ships. You will get your code 2 - 3 business days after placing your order. Got Destiny Beta, Rainbow Six: Siege Beta, and Black Ops III Beta from Amazon. You can cancel your order after getting the Beta codes.

Yeah? I thought it was going to have some sort of lock in to force me to buy the game. Thanks! I'll go order it now and wait for my code.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
None atm. Out of the 4 only battlefront interests me and only very slightly. No singleplayer, EA and having to renew ps+ kinda kills any interest for now.

I miss old school/arena shooters. Hell I'd take an open world FPS not made by ubisoft. Maybe. Oh well.

Top Bottom