• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project CARS: Full car list revealed - 65 cars included on-disc, 9 to download

Noobcraft

Honestly the list leaves a lot to be desired. No Ferarri, no Lamborghini, just 2 Japanese cars. The cars it does have should be pretty good to drive though.

Fox Mulder

A list with huge gaps for sure, but I've always wanted more tracks than a game with 300+ cars.

Hopefully it gets supported well with dlc until the sequel or whatever they plan to do.

Damn, if only there was a racing game that includes some GT-Rs... -.-

Well, I want that Sauber C9. Must I buy the Limited Edition for 80€ (!) or will it be possible to buy those later via PSN?

It has more cars than the Driveclub and GRID games, and everyone was perfectly fine with those, so I don't see what the problem is.

Azzawon

Easy to forget that licencing costs money and this game has a pretty small budget compared to your usual racing game powerhouses. Possibility of seeing some other big names as DLC later on.

sueil

I'm laughing at all the people that want this to be some collect 1000 car game. Only disappointing thing is they couldn't get Suzuka.

It has more cars than the Driveclub and GRID games, and everyone was perfectly fine with those, so I don't see what the problem is.

You must have a short memory, lack of cars was one of the many gripes peeps had with DC. At least it had Ferraris at launch tho and it's has plenty more cars now with the season pass DLC.

Certinty

Not too bothered about the lack of cars in a racing game like this, would have been awesome to have Ferraris and Lambos of course but the track list is amazing and there's enough cars already in the game to keep me interested in it for a while.

ODDI

Hmmm was looking for this information a while back was expecting for about 150 cars here's hoping for dlc to fill out the blanks.

Momentary

Banned
Hmm. For a simulator I think that's the biggest car list on release that I've ever seen. What the hell are people talking about? I'm also hearing that they are doing a free car a month AND release packs on top of that? What other simulator even comes close to offering that? The list will be huge in 2 years.

sueil

Hmm. For a simulator I think that's the biggest car list on release that I've ever seen. What the hell are people talking about?

Everyone is use to simcade games like Forza and Gran Turismo with hundreds of cars and unrealistic physics.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The list really awful. it's not 65 is small but there are no variety of brands, many US (like Chevrolet cars) and Japanese popular sport car are not in there. bad, just bad.

Momentary

Banned
Everyone is use to simcade games like Forza and Gran Turismo with hundreds of cars and unrealistic physics.

LOL! What the hell? Are people that uninformed about this game? I can see complaints about not having variety, but I'm sure that will come in time when car manufacturers realize this game isn't one to ignore.

Gestault

Reviewers and players alike criticized the small-ish car list in Driveclub. This is a sim though, so the expectations have this weird divide between the console-style car collection aspect against tightly curated selections in most PC sims.

Also, it's annoying having PC mean both "Personal Computer" and "Project Cars" in a conversation like this, lol.

Momentary

Banned
Shouldn't people be comparing the car list to actual SIMULATORS like iRacing or Assetto Corsa? I can't stay here. Too much ignorance about this game. I'm bailing out.

Some of the replies in this thread are just...wow. Did people really miss the fact that it's a racing simulator first and foremost and that it had a fraction of the budget of your usual AAA racing game, being crowdfunded and all that?

Top Bottom