• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvels Secret Wars by Hickman & Ribic |OT| Everything ends... Everything begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, they come from beyond the multiverse. And their motivation is just to experiment the death of everything, like life was an experiment in the first place.

Mudcrab

As a tip to you and everyone else overwhelmed by the number of issues in the OP: No one in their right mind is buying every single issue of this event.

The main story will be collected in Secret Wars #1-8. You can just buy those and be fine. If you're a Spider-Man fan then check out some of the Spider-Man books, but do it for the character and not because you want more background on Secret Wars.

Repeating for the new page.

Also adding this guide to the OP:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/05/secret-wars-7-things-you-need-to-know-to-read-marvels-big-event

Well, that was awesome.

Issue 1 spoilers
So was the Maker building his own ark like Ghostmind predicts? It appears so. And man, they went in hard with killing people off. Sue Richards and the kids dying, or being whisked off somewhere unknown.

Definitely dead in the pre-Battleworld context. (With the exception of the life raft) No one in Battleworld is really the same person from their previous universe.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
amazing OT

so wheres my spoilers at? what happens in SW #1? give it to me

As a tip to you and everyone else overwhelmed by the number of issues in the OP: No one in their right mind is buying every single issue of this event.

I wont buy every
any
issue, but I will read every single one of them
in 6 months
so guess im on of the crazies

hamchan

Even though I'm subbed to Marvel Unlimited I'll probably still pick up the main story issues.

It's the death of my beloved Ultimate Universe after all, an imprint that really helped me get into comics at a young age and that, despite how much it fell off post-Ultimatum, will always be a brand i'll hold some fondness for.

I have to read this day one.

EDIT: Also just looking at the tie-in issues, I know it's the whole point of this event but holy crap all the callbacks to old events and series is making me excited.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
After all this buildup it's finally here. Still so many questions about how Battleworld is going to work.

I ran out on my lunchbreak to read this. Thanks digital distribution!

Man, that (second to) last page really got me. They weren't kidding with the everything dies business.

what the hell was cyclops doing with that phoenix egg though

Dalek

Is this thread spoiler-friendly? Can we speak without bars about what happens in issue #1?

I'm still confused on where Cyclops's Phoenix Egg came from.

Is this thread spoiler-friendly? Can we speak without bars about what happens in issue #1?

I'm still confused on where Cyclops's Phoenix Egg came from

It is in the OP. First day the book is out, usually Wednesday, it is black bar city. Once the 24 hours have passed, then it is open. Similar to what was in the other thread.

We use the same rule for spoilers as in the Avengers / New Avengers thread, that is, spoilers on the day of release of a new ish, then open spoilers afterwards.

Also obligatory #doomtoogood.

Kinda ironic how Reed's whole life revolves around faulty shielding.

Mudcrab

As stated in the OP, spoiler tag everything on new comicbook day. The following Thursday feel free to post without tagging.

He's had it for some time, but no one has explained where he found it. What it DOES is obvious now
cyclops is the phoenix again
but why this would matter now is anyone's guess

Dalek

As stated in the OP, spoiler tag everything on new comicbook day. The following Thursday feel free to post without tagging.

Got it! Thanks.

Cyke did have the Phoenix Egg in New Avengers before Secret Wars though-so it's not a spoiler.

We use the same rule for spoilers as in the Avengers / New Avengers thread, that is, spoilers on the day of release of a new ish, then open spoilers afterwards.

Also obligatory #doomtoogood.

Kinda ironic how Reed's whole life revolves around faulty shielding.

Oh shit.

And man, I thought the wait for this week was torture. I can't stand waiting to see what happens next. Amazing first issue.

did anyone else laugh their ass off at the
kingpin email scene?

best part of the issue.
Punisher showing up was just the icing on the cake. I mean..the world is ending, what ELSE would punisher be doing?

kingpin email scene?

best part of the issue.
Punisher showing up was just the icing on the cake. I mean..the world is ending, what ELSE would punisher be doing?

Yes, yes I did.
oz@amazinghair.net
perfection.gif

Dalek

kingpin email scene?

best part of the issue.

Absolutely. Very unexpected but satisfying.

Also-who teleported Spidey, Carol and Star-Lord? Was it Manifold or the Phoenix?

Would any of you guys be kind enough to spoil the hell out this issue?

I wait for collected versions, but I like to discuss and don't mind spoilers.

Yes, yes I did.
oz@amazinghair.net
perfection.gif

correct me if I'm wrong, but that one was a reference to
norman osborne
right? perfect if so

Also-who teleported Spidey, Carol and Star-Lord? Was it Manifold or the Phoenix?

I got the impression that
plan A was to get the scientists on board. That failed, some of them died- so plan B was having manifold grab specific heroes in their place for some reason.

I might be way off though- only got to read though once.

Manifold did all the teleporting. I think the Phoenix is purely a kickstart and we won't see the results of Cyclops' actions until the end of the series.

D i Z

Hoooooolllyyyyy shit. That is a fucking ton of books, and they look fantastic! My dormant Marvel love just got jolted back into hyperactivity. I don't even know how anyone can keep up on all of that.

I've been reading Hickman since the beginning of his Fantastic Four run. I'm really excited about Secret Wars but I'm also depressed thinking about Marvel without Hickman when this is over.

Manifold

I've been reading Hickman since the beginning of his Fantastic Four run. I'm really excited about Secret Wars but I'm also depressed thinking about Marvel without Hickman when this is over.

I was thinking about that this morning before the issue appeared on Comixology. Hard to believe Hickman's come so far at Marvel in such a short time.

Would any of you guys be kind enough to spoil the hell out this issue?

I wait for collected versions, but I like to discuss and don't mind spoilers.
Doom looked god straight in the eye and did....something.
Colossus dropped a Hulk on Ultimate Fury
Ultimate Shield and Ultimates got punked near instantly.
Stretchy Satan went all "you activated my trap card"
Reed's backup solution failed. Managed to kill his wife and children because World's Greatest Intellect can't build a shield worth a damn.
Everything died.

kind of wish there was some sort of website where they all sent out to you in the order you're suppose to read month to month lol..thats a crap ton of comics

Dalek

I'm really dying to speculate on what happens next. Can we assume that the people that were
On the Life Raft are going to be the only ones "unaffected" by the new reality of Battleworld? For instance, they'll be the only ones who know things are wrong? Kind of like how Bishop knew things were wrong in the Age of Apocalypse?

If so we have the following characters:

Reed
Black Panther
Peter-Parker Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Thor
Star-Lord
Cyclops

Neoxon

I'm really dying to speculate on what happens next. Can we assume that the people that were
On the Life Raft are going to be the only ones "unaffected" by the new reality of Battleworld? For instance, they'll be the only ones who know things are wrong? Kind of like how Bishop knew things were wrong in the Age of Apocalypse?

If so we have the following characters:

Reed
Black Panther
Johnny Storm
Peter-Parker Spider-Man
Captain Marvel
Thor
Ben Grimm
Franklin Richards
You forgot Star-Lord. And I though the rest of the F4 besides Reed got disintegrated? If I recall, the list was actually...
- Peter Parker/Spider-Man
- Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel
- Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic
- Scott Summers/Cyclops
- Peter Quill/Star-Lord
- Lady Thor
- T'Challa/Black Panther

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom