• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 downgrade arguments in here and nowhere else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

uPGpDnx.jpg

QcOH0nT.png

ozAzLD2.jpg

gLQRd7N.jpg

admvLGj.jpg
Source

Old "in-game" gameplay GIFs from 2013-2014
ilo8ZEuf1yn7w.gif

furrbsj6.gif

UnrealisticComplexGrunion.gif

ApprehensiveCompetentIchneumonfly.gif

From our very own thread: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=731224

Here is the game with Ultra settings (and no, the game won't look like the above GIFs and images even without the Youtube compression): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_eRUq1PQPE

Other Youtube videos of the Witcher 3 can be found here: http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1036594&highlight=witcher+3

I know CDPR are the game devs everybody loves but they are no exception. Ubisoft got called out for Watch_Dogs and so should CDPR (and any other dev feeding us bullshit)

Pudge

It's those wonderful consoles that the game has to run on. It's a shame, but that's the reality.

This thread won't last long. I'm looking forward to playing it but I agree that devs should stop over promising and under delivering.

Kssio_Aug

Actually I noticed that long time ago, I just never forgot the 1st time I saw this gif:

However, I never expected it to run that well on PS4 or XB1. And by what I've seen of PS4 footage it still looks pretty good, so I'm fine with that.

the way I look at it is that if it were downgraded on my particular platform, it's because the game cannot run properly yet at the previous settings. so, the final version is running the best it can look for now. as long as it's looking as good as it can, then i'm OK with it. it's too bad if it cannot look like a previous goal but that's about as relevant as that ever is.

so however good it ends up looking is neither too good or too poor but exactly how it was always going to end up looking.

I mean, I'm going to enjoy the game. There is little doubt about that. But I am honestly disappointed that this is presumably the case. TW3 is the reason why I upgrade my GPU recently. I don't play that many different games, and this will be by far the most graphically intensive game I play on my PC until Fallout 4 is released. I just feel like I could have waited, or even just played on the PS4.

Lunar15

1. Yes, it has.
2. Not everything has, some things have noticably improved, such as clothing textures, facial models, and other such things.
3. Who gives a shit. The game isn't out and you can see what it is now. Buy based on that.

Electret

I highly recommend downloading this video from Gamersyde. Excellent quality footage uploaded on August 19, 2014. I think this serves as a good comparison, as the game would have been out of the TW2 engine phase (as far as I understand its development; admittedly I have not followed it super closely).

Chinner

Banned
the graphics may have been downgraded, but the biggest thing is the change in art style.

went from dark and gritty to quite colorful.

Shredderi

I never said it wasn't real. I'm tired of this because the "downgrade" is the only thing being discussed in The Witcher 3 threads for the past week or so.

We'll talk about the game when we get to play it, don't worry. The game still manages to look gorgeous for an open world game, but the foliage in general took a big hit. They obviously had that higher quality foliage somewhere and if they didn't put that in then it probably was too much for the systems to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom