• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Experience Inc. Community Thread: "Dungeons? Yeah we got Dungeons."

robotnik

Playing Entaku no Seito and was very surprised to find they re-used a lot of assets in Stranger of Sword City. Especially enemy designs.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Playing Entaku no Seito and was very surprised to find they re-used a lot of assets in Stranger of Sword City. Especially enemy designs.

Pretty much as the enemy design was by yoko tsukamoto would imagine its hard getting things set up schedule wise more than budget. one of the disadvantages of constantly outsourcing artists as do not think any of the main artists are full time. kurosawa, oxijiyen, tsukamoto

Dorarnae

looks like the monster are moving a little.
also at the end of the video, is it something if you have a clear game of the first game you have some bonus?

Parakeetman

looks like the monster are moving a little.
also at the end of the video, is it something if you have a clear game of the first game you have some bonus?

Didnt see anything like that. They talked about that Kengo project thing but no idea what that is.

Apparently its going to be content for those who cleared the game from those blurbs that pop up if am reading this correctly.

Dorarnae

Didnt see anything like that. They talked about that Kengo project thing but no idea what that is.

Apparently its going to be content for those who cleared the game from those blurbs that pop up if am reading this correctly.

ahh ok. well finally a few games coming soon. I was getting a bit bored lol.

Dorarnae

heh so the fat elf is the elf from the first game? (considering cassel and prometh are there).
will be fun to see those character again.

Parakeetman

heh so the fat elf is the elf from the first game? (considering cassel and prometh are there).
will be fun to see those character again.

Only in name. Doubt its the same elf the voice seems different same with hair style.

robotnik

Box art for Demon Gaze 2.
qhUqKgW.jpg

Parakeetman

Looking forward to it. Great sound track, doesn't look like it's too far ahead of DG1 in terms of timeline, considering Cassel is still around.

Wait if the character descs are right it does seem to be them? Weird. Had thought they were just 2 characters similar in name seeing how different they look. Though the descriptions on both does say that its characters from the previous title + includes a small bit of backstory. Interesting. While the story section does not state how many years passed in specifics, it most def does seem to be directly connected then interesting. Guess that means higher chance of more cameos of some of the other previous cast then.

Box art for Demon Gaze 2.

Apparently its up for order on amazon now as had put in my pre-order for it, though for whatever reason the release date was wrong and showed december. Also only the "amazon bonus" ver which means slightly higher priced.

dkoy

English Q&A with Exp. Inc on the 20th and 27th, 9-10am JST. Seems that senpai has noticed us! Unfortunately that's 2am in most of Europe so most likely it'll be US people fielding most of the questions. Not that I have a twitter account anyway.

Also if someone's got a source direct from Exp. Inc for this please post it.

Parakeetman

English Q&A with Exp. Inc on the 20th and 27th, 9-10am JST. Seems that senpai has noticed us! Unfortunately that's 2am in most of Europe so most likely it'll be US people fielding most of the questions. Not that I have a twitter account anyway.

Interesting. Am guessing most of the questions would be about either Demon Gaze 2 or the New Interpretation.

Seems legit as there is a mention if you look through the twitter account linked in the story.

Considering we have the JP release dates for New Interpretation and Demon Gaze 2 Im pretty much set. Most of the other stuff Ive been curious about has been generally talked about with the live streams they do from time to time. Though there is one thing. Which is basically why do they seem to hate the "Rogue / Thief" class lol.

Shizuka

Someone should ask if they plan on having more Vita games localized and released in the West.

Parakeetman

Seems like amazon JP finally got the normal demon gaze 2 copies with the reasonable price. So need to go and cancel the useless overpriced amazon extra one.

Am pretty sure the only reason why the amazon extras even sell is due to people ordering them by accident.

Parakeetman

Seems that Yomi wo saku hana will be the next potential localized title for the west according to RPG site that retweeted an answer from the Q&A session.

Good to know. Do reckon that Demon Gaze 2 is a shoe in already with how the first did so well. No idea on a western date since kadokawa didnt say anything about that at their event outside of the jp date.

Mozendo

:| so most likely no Operation Babel, Students of the Round or Interpretation Stranger of Sword City.
This depresses me.

Parakeetman

:| so most likely no Operation Babel, Students of the Round or Interpretation Stranger of Sword City.
This depresses me.

Id imagine they cant speak about babel due to mages similar to how they dont seem to directly talk about ray gigant and demon gaze 2 due to bannam and kadokawa lol

No idea bout SOR though. As am pretty sure they own that IP themselves like SOSC. Though i think a different pub helped with the psp ver. PC i know was exp x360 was kadokawa i think. Psp same too.

*Looked at the stuff I have at home PSP and X360 versions were pubbed by Kadokawa.

Parakeetman

so they redid some monster artwork? is this for the new SOSC version?
succubus/astarte
ClYXLD1VAAAUJxT.jpg

golem
ClYW1EIVYAI7md9.jpg

It says rough at the top which basically means its early concept art.

It would help if you actually mention where you get these from otherwise there is no real source to comment on outside of whatever is on the image itself.

Parakeetman

so they redid some monster artwork? is this for the new SOSC version?
succubus/astarte
ClYXLD1VAAAUJxT.jpg

golem
ClYW1EIVYAI7md9.jpg

Found where you got those from. Does seem to just be older unpublished? rough artwork from Entaku. Since you have the artbook go see if its in there though it sounds like they were not included?

Dorarnae

Found where you got those from. Does seem to just be older unpublished? rough artwork from Entaku. Since you have the artbook go see if its in there though it sounds like they were not included?

no it's not in the artbook. Chikami_exp was the one who tweeted that.

Parakeetman

I would lose my shit if we got Babel but no Labyrinth Cross Blood Infinity.
It was the first Experience game that interested me.

Chikami-san keeps saying in those livestream vids that he wants to do another cross blood but no one wants to let him lol. Seems to be the general answer when hes asked what his favorite game is that they made.

Am curious if CB will get the eventual Abyss and Babel "remake" treatment. Otherwise dont think a third release of the same style would sell domestically first as we had Infinity and Infinity Ultimate on the vita already

robotnik

Curious if there is possibility to get english language option in updated SOSC like they did with Xbox One version. Game is already mostly translated and they lose nothing doing this.

Parakeetman

Curious if there is possibility to get english language option in updated SOSC like they did with Xbox One version. Game is already mostly translated and they lose nothing doing this.

They stated that there are no plans to localize it at this time from that Q&A session they held.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/yomi-wo-...rn-release-more-experience-qa-twitter-session

From what we know about the game there is a bunch of stuff that would need to be translated. Since there are new items, skills, classes, some scenario related stuff.

Only reason why SOSC had it was due to it being released generally the same time as the Western version.

Mozendo

Chikami-san keeps saying in those livestream vids that he wants to do another cross blood but no one wants to let him lol. Seems to be the general answer when hes asked what his favorite game is that they made.

Am curious if CB will get the eventual Abyss and Babel "remake" treatment. Otherwise dont think a third release of the same style would sell domestically first as we had Infinity and Infinity Ultimate on the vita already

If we got Cross Blood with the updated visuals in the west I'd go postal. Hate the Ray Gigant, Demon Gaze, and Operation art so much.

Parakeetman

If we got Cross Blood with the updated visuals in the west I'd go postal. Hate the Ray Gigant, Demon Gaze, and Operation art so much.

Unfortunately most likely if a remake is done that is what would happen in order to gain more sales as the game has been released 4? times in Japan actually maybe 5. 2 on pc, 1 on 360, 2 on vita.

Other problem i wonder about is what would they do about the previously licensed vocal songs that are in the game.

Though I guess we arent going to get one for a long time seeing how DG2 and Yomi are in the way with the current schedule they have.

robotnik

Finally finished Entaku no Seito. Total playtime: 39:45 hours.
Honestly I'm liking it more than Stranger of Sword City. SoSC is more pretty for sure, but dungeons in EnS are more clever and interesting to explore.
Also had a lot of problems with my walkthrough since my japanese sucks - sometimes you need to use certain password and correct items, create various dishes, etc.
This resource helped me a lot - http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/sor/

Parakeetman

Finally finished Entaku no Seito. Total playtime: 39:45 hours.
Honestly I'm liking it more than Stranger of Sword City. SoSC is more pretty for sure, but dungeons in EnS are more clever and interesting to explore.
Also had a lot of problems with my walkthrough since my japanese sucks - sometimes you need to use certain password and correct items, create various dishes, etc.
This resource helped me a lot - http://spoiler.sakura.ne.jp/srv/sor/

Yeah Entaku was most def one of their better games. Esp when it came to the story and characters. While some folks though it was odd having preset characters, did think it added a lot to the game and your interaction with them along with the dialog was great.

Even till today its still one of Exp Incs most beloved title with the fans and such with how much you see questions pop up related to it.

Parakeetman

Seems like they are planning a sosc 2 but no other info besides that its planned

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/experience-planning-stranger-sword-city-2

Seeing the current dev and release schedule would imagine late 2017 if anything?

Since new interpretation, demon gaze 2 and yomi wo saku hana all are first. Plus with Yomi being a spring 2017 title means would have to be after that if nothing else is in between.

Nice to know there is another but would prefer a real sequel to Entaku

robotnik

Seems like they are planning a sosc 2 but no other info besides that its planned

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/experience-planning-stranger-sword-city-2

Seeing the current dev and release schedule would imagine late 2017 if anything?

Since new interpretation, demon gaze 2 and yomi wo saku hana all are first. Plus with Yomi being a spring 2017 title means would have to be after that if nothing else is in between.

Nice to know there is another but would prefer a real sequel to Entaku
Glad that Vita is still their focus and hopefully SoSC2 will have more new monster designs.
Also Ataka is interested in making horror game. I'd play that.

Parakeetman

Glad that Vita is still their focus and hopefully SoSC2 will have more new monster designs.
Also Ataka is interested in making horror game. I'd play that.

Yeah am curious to see what yomi turns out to be genre wise though they did mention srpg before as one of the genres they were looking into.

Am guessing with the vita a good number of their domestic fans are on that. And team is already long familiar with working with the system so am sure that helps production costs.

Would imagine eventually they will need to look at the ps4 with the overseas situation of retailors not stocking vita titles like they used to and the ps4 market is just too large to ignore overseas.

Parakeetman

4gamer has new info on the final 3rd new class in new interpretation stranger of sword city.

The funny thing is the class cant be taken with the pt to dungeons. The just stay at the base providing various bonuses such as more money gain for training units, faster healing time for recovering units, better buy/sell prices at the shop. Weird but amusing at the same time lol

http://www.4gamer.net/games/342/G034206/20160630149/

Parakeetman

Https://abemafresh.tv/experience/22631
last nights archived exp channel though not sure if can be viewed outside of japan

Seems like with new interpretation there will be 3 new dungeons after clearing the game. Watching the exp channel archived episode. Though due to being so long watching on / off lol

Some other new non drpg project called HRV. No word on the genre. Mu-san a black rabbit is supposed to appear also. Though they are not disclosing if its the same one as the rabbit that appears in abyss, babel.

About yomi wo saku hana they said production is taking longer than expected.

From the sosc trpg rulebook as an extra there will be special character portraits for NISOSC

They said that demon gaze 2 most likely wont have a demo as far as they know.

In closing as much as they want to make another entaku or gx but they want to work on other genres. When they do decide to return to the genre they hope to further the genre with new ideas / features is basically what it boils down too.

Other stuff was basically info related to NISOSC pain in the ass to write it all out lol

Parakeetman

Heh so you can literally hire personal trainers for your stay at home members. Sounds great.

From the demo pretty much lol. There is a bug where you can take them with you into dungeons but due to not being able to do anything there is no point.

Game apparently got rid of the mumic system from one of the slides. Since all upgrades are done at the shop now. Am pretty sure i read that right. Need to recheck on pc.

Parakeetman

what is that?
http://www.fear.co.jp/ihoutrpg/product.htm

I searched Trpg on cdjapan and these thing seems quite popular,

so it's some kind of D&D scenario/rule book?

Yeah its a d&d rulebook basically not d&d though. Comes with dl codes? for the special portraits for NISOSC. Arianrhod or something is what the rules are based off of for the sosc ver.

https://yarukizerogames.com/tag/arianrhod/

TRPG is basically pen & paper rpg. From that 10th anniversary vid the fear guy called it table talk rpg.

robotnik

Ordered NISoSC and To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers. Atlus seems too busy with Sega's properties to localise any game from Aquaplus.

Top Bottom