• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The Amazing Bloodborne War That Lasted Two Hours

I was watching Rho's stream yesterday (He is one of the most skilled Souls streamers around) and something special happened.

When RhoParkour decided to invade Chihaya_1996’s world in Bloodborne, little did he know it would turn into a standoff that lasted for hours, thanks to a convenient door glitch.

Our story begins pretty normally. RhoParkour was looking for someone to kill, and Chihaya_1996’s sinister bell happened to be ringing. By luck and matchmaking, the two were connected and RhoParkour was ready to find his prey...

Video, more info and .gifs at the link!

http://kotaku.com/the-amazing-blood...m_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow

Ozigizo

After about 10 minutes of nothing in a Souls game pvp, I just suicide and move on to the next. 2 hours is just nuts.

Jobbs

Banned
How boring. Why not just turn the game off/DC or suicide? Pointless. Getting a kill isn't that important.

How boring. Why not just turn the game off/DC or suicide? Pointless. Getting a kill isn't that important.

The sole fact that both players (and the insanity that ensues in the process) did not do that is what make this incident so awesome.

Longest for me was about 45 min, invader just kept running away from me in the Forbidden Woods, got really annoying specially when enemies can do jack shit to him.

Experien

How is this a battle of Attrition as the Twitch labeled it?

This isn't a battle, it is miscommunication and turtling?

Ploid 3.0

I figure it's all about the thrill of the hunt. Why only play against easy prey when you can have the chance of playing in a mindgame filled bout.

Risible

Amazing? Sounds like your typical cheesy pvp shit stretched out to 2 hours.

Yep. This story is exactly why I don't engage in PVP in most games.

Think about it - you're going up against someone so hellbent on ruining your game that they will literally SIT AROUND DOING NOTHING for two fucking hours to claim a "victory" against you. No fucking thanks.

Nibel

What a clickbait title, Patrick: I expected an actual 2 hour battle and not just a long ass waiting game.

Einbroch

Banned
Whenever I get invaded I hide somewhere and do something else. Waste someone's time, and if after 15-20 minutes I'm still alive I just disconnect.

Think about it - you're going up against someone so hellbent on ruining your game that they will literally SIT AROUND DOING NOTHING for two fucking hours to claim a "victory" against you. No fucking thanks.

How is playing the game ruining your game? If you don't like getting invaded you can just play offline you know.

I dont get why invaders have to attack unwilling players. If a player does not follow protocol, clearly he is not interested. When I invade other players, if I see player is not interested or runs away - I just go away. If I get invaded, I do not mind having a fight since there is nothing much to lose so I follow protocol and have a fight.

Wtf

Hah, cool!

So Bloodborne doesn't have a session timer like Dark Souls 2 does? I want to say it's around 15 minutes or so in DS2 it will put you back in your world if you don't meet your objective. I much prefer the BB way honestly, as the session timer is quite annoying when you get into a long, protracted battle.

Oh Patrick, what are you doing?

Working at Kotaku.

Hah, cool!

So Bloodborne doesn't have a session timer like Dark Souls 2 does? I want to say it's around 15 minutes or so in DS2 it will put you back in your world if you don't meet your objective. I much prefer the BB way honestly, as the session timer is quite annoying when you get into a long, protracted battle.

Haven't played Bloodborne (no PS4) or DS2 (was not all that interested) but do the games always have timers? Because any time I invaded or someone invaded me we just got it over with. Never this kind of stall tactics stuff.

What an incredibly tedious and dull occurrence. I love Bloodborne, but nothing about that episode sounded fun, interesting or exciting. God only knows what was newsworthy about it.

Haha, people are completely missing the point on what makes this special. You call it boring, I call it a fascinating clash of 2 extremely stubborn mofos, unwilling to do what 99% of other players would do. (quit)

Also people saying they don't PvP because of this... You realize this NEVER happens, right?

Neiteio

Haha, people are completely missing the point on what makes this special. You call it boring, I call it a fascinating clash of 2 extremely stubborn mofos, unwilling to do what 99% of other players would do. (quit)
I find it funny, too. I'm just not sure they enjoyed it, in which case pride got the best of them. But if they had fun, hey, more power to 'em! I'd rather be off exploring, personally.

I had a invasion in Demon's Souls go for about 30 minutes. At the end I was so sick of it that I bowed to him and then killed him while he was bowing back. No fucks given.

Risible

Also people saying they don't PvP because of this... You realize this NEVER happens, right?

You just read an article where this exact thing happens.

The only reason it didn't happen in the Souls games is because they had an invasion timer in them. Were there no timer I assure you the same thing would happen there.

I can only speak to Souls PVP as I have yet to go online in Bloodborne. People who invade other players are rarely looking for a fair fight, usually they are specifically set up to cheese the shit out of whoever they have invaded. Twinks wielding Scraping Spears, shit like that.

I had a invasion in Demon's Souls go for about 30 minutes. At the end I was so sick of it that I bowed to him and then killed him while he was bowing back. No fucks given.

bunk-the-wire.gif

Fury451

Banned
I thought this would be about two skilled players at the top of their game, trading back-and-forth blows and matching wits, with each almost claiming victory for two palm-sweating, heart racing hours until somebody finally came out on top.

That's not what I got. Basically one dude exploits a way to stay safe while the other farts around doing nothing.

The only reason it didn't happen in the Souls games is because they had an invasion timer in them. Were there no timer I assure you the same thing would happen there.

I can only speak to Souls PVP as I have yet to go online in Bloodborne. People who invade other players are rarely looking for a fair fight, usually they are specifically set up to cheese the shit out of whoever they have invaded. Twinks wielding Scraping Spears, shit like that.

You're not playing a lot of Bloodborne PvP, are you? I am. This shit described here is a unicorn occurence.

xevis

Banned
Hey Patrick, not Worth Reading :(

Don't feel too bad; I normally look forward to and enjoy your writing!

Risible

You're not playing a lot of Bloodborne PvP, are you? I am. This shit described here is a unicorn occurence.

From my post you quoted: "I can only speak to Souls PVP as I have yet to go online in Bloodborne."

WTF with people not reading posts before replying. I said my point of reference was the Souls games, where I saw stupid shit like this all the time.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Uh, no. I have hundreds of hours in all the games since Demon's Souls and this is indeed a unicorn occurrence. And there's only a timer in Dark Souls II anyway.

Yeah I have no defense. I was way better but he had 99 herbs (or as many as it took) and the fight would just never end. I made my choice!
Oh, that changes everything. You made the right choice haha. Grass spammers can be annoying, especially if you don't have a weapon that easily punishes them.

Top Bottom