• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku Project Mirai DX Sep 8 (NA), Sep 11 (Europe). Special Edition announced

I just preorderd this so i had to pay for release date shipping. Cant wait for next Tuesday this game is one of my most anticipated games of the year.

Mandelbo

Well, I have my preorder! Hopefully it'll arrive the day before release since I'm going away the day it releases until the following monday :p

Astarte

Phantom Pain this week and Miku the next
I need some kind of pact with the time devil to make time for both of these games

rpmurphy

I never touched the Diva Room stuff in either PDF game, aside from once when I think I gave Rin a cookie in PDF1.
I didn't do much in the PD games either, but Miku and friends are just cuter in PM and oddly more fun to watch and interact with. No petting BS.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I'll ask, how much is there to unlock in comparison to the Project Diva games? F/f 2nd kind of got out of hand with some of its requirements (screw playing Miku Miku You For Real THIRTY TIMES) but I still liked for the most part how there was a good amount of content to unlock, even if I didn't care for the custom items most of the time (though I'm fine with costumes if I can find the song that best matches it).

Mandelbo

I didn't do much in the PD games either, but Miku and friends are just cuter in PM and oddly more fun to watch and interact with. No petting BS.

Oh, nice. That always came off as a little odd to me, and it didn't seem to work 100% of the time. I hope I enjoy the room stuff more in PM.

As much as I like rubbing Kaito's face, trophy grinding completely ruined the Diva rooms for me. It'll be nice to not have to worry about getting every single event again.......

ChrisD

As much as I like rubbing Kaito's face

Oh Diva Room.

I never even touched the modes until some point last month when my brother said we should check it out. We saw Miku stand up, walk a boom box into the corner of the room, and then start doing some weird jig. After chuckling at that, our sisters walked in the room and we started giving gifts... Oh man, so much laughing. The animations for gifts can be fun to watch in a goofy sense. That said, after those twenty~thirty minutes it's never been touched again. :X

Letep

I'm intrigued by this game. What kind of content does it have besides a rhythm game? It looks like there's a ton of stuff to do.

Mandelbo

Also, stylus input only? Or can we use buttons for the rhythm stuff.

You can use either buttons or the stylus to play. Both control types have unique note maps for every song too, so each song has quite a few ways of playing it when you factor in all the difficulty levels.

rpmurphy

Oh, nice. That always came off as a little odd to me, and it didn't seem to work 100% of the time. I hope I enjoy the room stuff more in PM.
I think it helps that the room is the top screen at the home menu, so you can't miss it. It makes it more worthwhile to decorate the room and customize the characters (it's not as detailed as in the PD games though).

kagamin

So here are my efforts after messing around on my friend's JP copy (all button mode):
SING&SMILE (Extreme)
KSVGLIC.jpg

Tricolor Airline (Hard)
Hm1BANE.jpg

and Senbonzakura (Hard)
furhJDp.jpg

That seems extremely overkill in terms of self-censorship...

I'm not sure this would qualify as censorship. It's simple cultural sensitivity. What if the rank had been "KKK"?

Welp there's a random Jojo's Bizarre Adventure reference in the English version , wonder if it was in Japanese version or it got added by the localization crew.

Actually, it's not totally random. It's part of Rin's meme background. But incidentally, that specific text isn't in the JP version.

Nyoro SF

I'm not sure this would qualify as censorship. It's simple cultural sensitivity. What if the rank had been "KKK"?

KKK and SS don't even have a remotely similar history in games. S, SS, and SSS are traditionally used for ranks in all sorts of Western and Japanese games for the "Superior" rank, KKK is not.

Who on earth would associate Miku with the Nazis when there's loads of precedent for the S-Rank in English language games? Would such an idiot be entertained for more than a second?

It's hardly anything worth getting upset over but censorship is censorship.

Zambayoshi

KKK and SS don't even have a remotely similar history in games. S, SS, and SSS are traditionally used for ranks in all sorts of Western and Japanese games for the "Superior" rank, KKK is not.

Who on earth would associate Miku with the Nazis when there's loads of precedent for the S-Rank in English language games? Would such an idiot be entertained for more than a second?

It's hardly anything worth getting upset over but censorship is censorship.

When children disappointed that their TV show was unexpectedly re-scheduled makes headlines*, you realise that the 24-hour news cycle will blow up anything and everything to get views. It's sad, but companies just don't want to run the risk I guess.

* source:
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...ies-rebel-online/story-fnii5v6w-1227508292191
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...ne-can-help-kids/story-fnet08ui-1227509763131

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder no longer. There's always a reason.
I don't know, how come Devil May Cry kept SS & SSS ranks in all its games here in the US. Granted, it'd stand for "SSSensational" or something.

My mind never went to this when I'd play certain Bemani games & aimed for SS rankings (or SSS). I don't know if that's the actual reason (maybe we can get some word from Sega as to why?), but it's such a small change that really doesn't affect anything in the long run. If this turns out to be the actual reason, well, guess they did it now instead of someone possibly complaining about it after the game's release & we all groan they had to release a patch to change the rating name.

Koppai

We actually got about 10 or so copies in at work yesterday. I was so surprised since it is a niche game and we barely get those.

Does Theatrhythm have SS in the western versions?

Nyoro SF

When children disappointed that their TV show was unexpectedly re-scheduled makes headlines*, you realise that the 24-hour news cycle will blow up anything and everything to get views. It's sad, but companies just don't want to run the risk I guess.

* source:
http://www.news.com.au/national/que...ies-rebel-online/story-fnii5v6w-1227508292191
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/pa...ne-can-help-kids/story-fnet08ui-1227509763131

There's infinite examples of people losing their minds over something dumb (that article sure is doing a good job at making three tweets and two facebook posts = all Aussies screaming in anger, by the way). But it's no excuse for intentionally giving into a culture of fear that has long passed.

Kinda weird how I unintentionally started this discussion by posting my game scores.

Game ranks = serious business

Top Bottom