• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Having Trouble Transferring Save Data From 3DSXL to N3DSXL

suberzat

So I purchased the N3DSXL day 1 but performed the limit data transfer since it was recommended(big mistake). I finally got a 32gb micro sd card for me to transfer all my save data from my old sd card(3DSXL). The problem is that I followed the instructions from the N3DSXL OT but my save file data is not transferring over. Which is giving me a start new game screen with each of my old games.

I also formatted the 32gb micro sd card.

Any help?

Not an expert but I believe the limited transfer just does licenses. Not sure if you're able to do another transfer after one has been done prior from the same system. Quite a few people on here are experts in how this system works though. They'll come in shortly with a condescending tone explaining exactly what you did wrong. Hope it works out for you.

Saroyan

Is it all games or only certain ones that won't transfer? I think Animal Crossing and Pokemon files can't be transferred, might be others but idk.

suberzat

Is it all games or only certain ones that won't transfer? I think Animal Crossing and Pokemon files can't be transferred, might be others but idk.
All games and my Pokemon X was eshop(didnt transfer over had to re download but same issue with save files)

Joyful

on your new 3DS sd card theirs like a randomly named folder inside your 'Nintendo 3ds' folder, you gotta copy/paste the saves there

suberzat

Try Nintendo customer service 1 (800) 255-3700

Thanks dude wish we had a rep system to give you a rep but the actually Nintendo rep said that the save data from the originally system can not transferred over to my new system once you have done a system transfer. Not sure how true that is but that is the word.

Kinda of bombed out since I wanted to continue to play Fantasy Life on my trip but have way too many hours in the game to replay the game. If only there was another way to search for my save files.

Had this same exact issue from old XL to new XL bought an original san disk Micro SD worked like a charm i suggest you try buying a different SD card, before trying anything else did you make a back up on PC?

suberzat

on your new 3DS sd card theirs like a randomly named folder inside your 'Nintendo 3ds' folder, you gotta copy/paste the saves there

Hmmmm I just looked into my sd card and 3ds folder for the save data but couldn't understand the coding to figure out what is save data and whats not.

suberzat

Had this same exact issue from old XL to new XL bought an original san disk Micro SD worked like a charm i suggest you try buying a different SD card, before trying anything else did you make a back up on PC?

Yea I backed everything up on my Mac. I purchase this one http://goo.gl/EldDwy

It was not on the recommended list from Nintendo but it was close in spec imo

suberzat

Alright so now I was able to locate my Fantasy Life save file and add it to my sd card.(Going to game the whole flight now). I also located my Fire Emblem Awakening but I dont know the save code in my other sd card 3ds folder to find then transfer the game save file over. Might have to switch back and forward to play that game.

Nintendo did fail me with customer support but Gaf came thru as usually.

Thanks all

Top Bottom