• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Patch 1.03 is out on PS4

1.03 or 1.02 for some I think.

patch1.03sas4e.png

New patch notes on ps4

jacobeid

Banned
Cool. Hope this helps performance.

Also, lol at the correction for the Wandering in the Dark quest. I just finished that one last night.

My inner monologue: "Wandering in the Dark? That name sounds familiar... oh right, it's the quest I did just yesterday where I had to restart the game because it got stuck on a loading scree-goddamnit."

YESSSSSSSSSSS! I can finally start playing now...provided the camera stuttering has been fixed.

Gonna fire it up now and test it. Will report back.

Sucks that the only UI change is the loot pop-up. Was there anyone who complained about that? All my complaints are about the inventory screen font size.

Ferrio

Banned
Clams? What? I haven't been playing witcher for a week, assume there's some get rich quick scheme with clams?

This fix the gwent cards you can miss?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, did the Wandering in the Dark quest last night. Wonder what the visual effect correction was.

Update History 1.03

"Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay"

That's what i wanted to hear. Can't wait to check it out tonight.

ChuckNyce

2 main things I really want fixed are:

1. Framerate issues, particularly during combat (seems like this addresses them a bit)
2. Fix for the issue with Suspend/resume distorting the "time played" stat (don't see that mentioned unless I missed it)

Paznos

Nice will grab this now, I've had the game crash once today and another time on Saturday, plus the gwent crash.

Krakn3Dfx

Tell us how it goes, PS4 gamers. I am playing on my PC but I miss being able to sit on my couch and use a DS4 controller.

Yeah, playing on PC here, too, but I have a digital copy of the game on the PS4 as well, will likely play it as well once some of the load time/performance issues have been ironed out.

DOWN

Banned
"Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay"

Especially? Where else is there to improve performance?

erawsd

Sucks that the only UI change is the loot pop-up. Was there anyone who complained about that? All my complaints are about the inventory screen font size.

This patch has been stewing in cert since the day after release. I imagine the next one will be a bit more "reactionary" with font size increase, missing gwent cards, ect.

Do they plan on releasing the update for the US today? The reduced npc spawn time is the best part of the update IMO. Gets really annoying when you have to wait for merchants to spawn.

I've used DS4Windows with my Bluetooth USB adapter. The only problem? The text is tiny at 1920x1080.

Here's hoping it's fixed in a patch later.

Yep. I hooked up my PC to my tv in an attempt to do couch gaming it's really inconvenient and the text is hella small. I have a pretty beast rig (5920k, AMD 290x 8gb, 16gb ram, SSD) but PS4 looks good enough and offers the ability to play on my couch hassle free so I might get the PS4 version if all things are improved with this patch.

This patch has been stewing in cert since the day after release. I imagine the next one will be a bit more "reactionary" with font size increase, missing gwent cards, ect.

Oh well. I'm of the opinion that this shouldn't even be an issue in the first place since I realized it was an issue after 10 minutes of playing, but what can you do?

Top Bottom