• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

just washed my flagship android phone in the damn washing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's thievery, and only ruins it for everyone else policy-wise.

Just pretend your George Clooney while doing it and all your worries will fade away

villians-25-oceans-11-clooney.jpg

It's not going to try to turn itself back on if it comes alive again, right? If it was off, it's staying off until I try to turn it back on? It was on in my pocket.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Why didn't you use white rice? That won't leave the phone in a bad state if it ever works back

MultiCore

It's not going to try to turn itself back on if it comes alive again, right? If it was off, it's staying off until I try to turn it back on? It was on in my pocket.

Oh, it's doesn't have a removeable battery, does it?

Well, there's nothing more you can do.

No, it shouldn't turn itself on.

cameron

Did you take the battery out? A friend of mine did something similar, we removed the battery, got it some rice for 72 hours. Shazam, good as new.

No removable battery with the S6 Edge.

It would suck if it dried out fine, but the screen cracked due to the magic of kitty litter.

FOOTE

Reminds me of the time I crushed my flagship android phone at the carnival. Actually, not really but my phone was just as dead as yours is bruh.

I dropped my S3 in the bath. Total immersion for a while. Phone was of off and I took out the cover, battery and sim. After 24 hours covered in white rice it came back to me.

I still have it. Now I use a Z3. Waterproof but fragile as funk.

Silica gel is the only thing that will work without potentially causing issues from left over residue/deposits.

Good luck and in reality the best bet if it still doesn't work would be pulling it apart and putting it in a ultrasonic cleaner. LCD/digi might still be fucked but it's a much cheaper repair than if you had to replace the phone outright.

MultiCore

I might have already tried to turn it on after I took it out of the water. I knew I shouldn't do it but I had to try.

Since you don't have a Schrodingers box handy, we can't know if that fried it.

But never do that again. Always wait until it's been given ample time to dry.

Man, it's time like these that i appreciate my Xperia Z1 phone !

I went to Croatia last summer swimming with the phone and just didn't care, took pictures underwater, still working perfectly well. Love the waterproof feature, it should be a standard in today's phones.

The weird thing is Samsung had the feature for their previous model S5 but not S6 ? lol

How long is ample time? 20 minutes?

realistically?

i don;t know how well cat litter can actually dry anything, but we used to leave customer phones in silica over night. Now we just open, clean and put the board into an ultrasonic cleaner. Much faster turn around time and better results.

I am amused that you wrote down what it is on the bag.

You might mix it up with a bag of rice and cook it next.

Edit: Cat litter? I guess that's a good choice as well.

eot

Banned
Flagships can take a bit of water unless they're called Vasa. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom