• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

just washed my flagship android phone in the damn washing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung is diging their mobile grave. No waterproofing, no removable battery, microSD card support?

Why the hell would anyone ever want to buy an S6?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
OP part of the deal is you have to eat the rice to rid your phone of the water demons. Cat litter is hardly edible.

Jokes aside, if you washed the phone and it was soaked in water for a long amount of time (5 min+) then there's very little chance to salvage it. If you need a cheap replacement you could pick up a Zenfone 2 for $200 off contract. As someone who just dropped their phone on pavement a little while ago, I feel your pain.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VWKKF52/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Samsung is diging their mobile grave. No waterproofing, no removable battery, microSD card support?

Why the hell would anyone ever want to buy an S6?

Because it looks nice, and the competition has mostly got their head up their own ass. Sony and HTC both use a Snapdragon 810, and LG's phone is a plasticy thing with just as bad UI, if not worse, than Sammy's. The only real competition the S6 has for half of the year is the LG phone, and even that is debatable.

Jokes aside, if you washed the phone and it was soaked in water for a long amount of time (5 min+) then there's very little chance to salvage it. If you need a cheap replacement you could pick up a Zenfone 2 for $200 off contract. As someone who just dropped their phone on pavement a little while ago, I feel your pain.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VWKKF52/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Also so you don't fuck up again, why not get a case like an Otterbox?

thenexus6

SwIBNHT.png

blame space
Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member Member with a nice chair, nice beard, nice wall hooks, a wet phone and a broken TV
(Today, 10:55 AM)

Sorry, I just had to

Sorry to hear that dude. But you don't check you pockets on your shorts/pants before you dump them into the washer? That's been my rule of thumb from the start. Thought everyone did it.

Oppo

blame space you should have the battery out while you leave it to dry

if you haven't then I'd take it out

that's where any shorts would come from

also I have to admit I am confused about the "flagship" detail

Square Trade costs $100 for two years of insurance with a $75 deductible. For insuring a $700+ flagship device that isn't a ripoff at all.

You can buy really good phones these days for $175. The real ripoff was buying $700 phones, adding ridiculous insurance plans is just icing on the cake.

No offense, but your phone is now in a ziploc bag full of overpriced dirt, some of it that will never come off due to its caking properties.

I don't see how you sure told him.

Because in general, the insurance is a rip off. The number of times you're going to use it relative to your out of pocket cost if you have to pay without insurance is going to be in your favor if you do not pay for it. So ya, he could have used it here, but in the long run, you come out ahead if you just deal with the costs rather than pay for the insurance.

The Beard

The fact that you actually labeled the bag is hilarious to me.

It's actually a good idea. What if mom suddenly has the hankering for some fried rice ? She opens the bag, dumps it into the fryer, boom fried S6.

Oh wait, just remembered it's a bag of cat litter. Yeah, that is pretty funny. Maybe he didn't think we would believe there was a phone in there unless the bag was properly labeled ?

my condolenses

I dunno how you could possibly do this. Usually im on my phone while doing laundry. Plus those phones are huge as fuck to not notice in pockets.

Dr.Acula

Banned
You should rinse out your phone in distilled water first, all the soaps and gunk from the wash will remain when the water evaporates, so you need to get them out of your phone.

The wash water was agitated into the phone, so maybe fill a blender with distilled water?

*I am not a scientician.

And for the love of god use rice. Craziness is in cat litter.

If I'm going to get something it would be silica gel but I don't even have a damn cat and I was really excited to find a use for this cat litter. It's unscented.

Mikey Jr.

I hear you op.

I remember hoping into an outdoor pool. Just swimming around when I got this sudden realisation that I may have had my phone in my pocket. I slowly reach down to feel it and I do.

My heart has never sunk so fucking low. My day was completely fucking ruined. Hundreds of dollars down the drain and it was my first smartphone too.

I just fucking ran home. I barely even enjoyed the pool...

Barzul

Rice works happened to a friend of mine and her S4. Left it in rice for a just over a day started working on Day 2. I've never heard of using cat litter anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom