• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT2 Set Photos reveals New Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good enough for a kid movie.
18210629575_508edd9ed1.jpg

Already looking far superior to the first one.

And wasn't Shredder a white dude with a German name in the first movie?

No, but you did not know this because you did not see the movie. He was played by Tohoru Masamune. Eric Sachs was a completely different character who is back for this film.

Uh. There's a second one? How was TMNT?

Fine. Not great, not as bad as it could be. Horndog Michelangelo was the worst part.

Slayven

Seriously people not realizing this is Pre Geneslaming? They going to miss the chance to sell toys and Bay not to use CGI? COme on

Fox Mulder

The concept art looks nice.

The first film was fine for a tmnt movie, even though recasting shredder due to fan outrage hurt the movie.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Already looking far superior to the first one.

And wasn't Shredder a white dude with a German name in the first movie?

Or did they reshoot some scenes and stick this guy in it when people got outraged. Not sure how it went.

Well that's the rumor (Eric Sachs = anglicized Oroku Saki). Then they did reshoots and added a regular Shredder.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is this a reboot or something? I thought they already did Shredder in the first movie, and he was a white dude?

/didn't see it

NotLiquid

They show the characters as humans, and the concept art shows then mutated, so that means they are getting mutated at some point.

Christ people, and then you wonder why this movies are so in your face.

To be fair the OP specifies the concept art was made for the first movie. That said they generally captured the aesthetic of the originals human designs all the same with the casting.

If anything TMNT 2 looks like it has better artistic design but it being an issue in the previous movie was only really the least of it's flaws and I don't think they're going to change the Turtle designs either.

No, but you did not know this because you did not see the movie. He was played by Tohoru Masamune. Eric Sachs was a completely different character who is back for this film.

Man, Shredder was really poorly handled in the movie. It's kind of obvious that Fitchner's character was supposed to be Shredder at one point but that it was hastily rewritten among all the complaints they were getting.

Another Shredder? And he's not a CG creature this time? So are they just ignoring the first one? They should. Hopefully there's something of a story this time around. Bebop and Rocksteady are nice, but fan service only gets you so far.

They show the characters as humans, and the concept art shows then mutated, so that means they are getting mutated at some point.

While I agree they'll be mutated by the end, the art was for an earlier script of the first movie which had them in it.

Another Shredder? And he's not a CG creature this time? So are they just ignoring the first one? They should. Hopefully there's something of a story this time around. Bebop and Rocksteady are nice, but fan service only gets you so far.

My guess is that since he fell with the "ooze" at the end of the first movie, that turns him young and shit. If that's really the same Shredder.

MisterHero

They look different to say the least.

Not sure why they couldn't just do what they did with the turtles and make them CGI. Concept art for the first movie even got it right.

EDIT: Stupid me. Forgot they get mutated.

Brian Tee as Shredder

cc9sKR1.jpg

MuV3Pky.jpg

Bebop - played this time by Gary Anthony Williams

6ntPGtB.jpg

Rocksteady - portrayed by pro wrestler Sheamus

5gJzS0y.jpg

Rocksteady and Bebop Concept Art for the first TMNT

bebop-rocksteady.jpg

TMNT-3.jpg

why are these concept designs so loyal to the characters and the turtles themselves look like garbage

Imm0rt4l

I'm surprised at just how many posters here didn't know rocksteady and bebop were humans. I grew up on the old cartoons, not sure if they've recently changed this or what.

I actually like the pre-mutated look of Bebop and Rocksteady. I hope they have some good chemistry together.

I am curious about this new Shredder. He looks so different from the one from the first movie. I wonder if they will go the Oroku Nagi/Oroku Saki route in this film series. They never said Oroku Saki in the first film right? So there may be a possibility. Or I imagine they will just say "screw it" this guy was the same as last time despite pretty much no visual similarity.

Fury451

Banned
Shredder looks great.

Bebop and Rocksteady will likely be mutated as said, so thei "human forms" are pretty amusing and I guess what I would imagine them to look like lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom