• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Kudo

I'm very happy with my PS4

Same, I got great deal on it and already thousands of hours sinked to it mostly thanks to Bloodborne. With no price drop in sight there's no better time to own it just gotta keep looking for those sales if you don't have one yet.

Estival Versus, Persona 5, Disgaea 5 and Uncharted Collection later this year, then importing Natsuiro Highschool (Why haven't it arrived yet? Please EMS) and GalGun Double Peace can't say I have any regrets.
Not to mention games coming next year, oh boy.

Prelude.

I didn't notice you could use non-chibi characters in battle, that's neat.
world-of-final-fantassjoof.jpg

I'm a bit dissappointed with the lack of Atlus' marketing push with Persona. Just not too long ago when that Atlus thread opened, with the new website, people were surprised when they saw that it said it is coming in 2015. It's been that way for months now, and it's no news. However the fact that they keep quiet about it, for those who never tried to visit the english website when it launched, they wouldn't even know that it is slated for this year. I get that Persona is a game that doesn't need to be shown to sell, but at least give people a reassurance, something to work with.

EDIT: Surely enough after I posted I see this, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSHjAoQty4

Same trailer, but in English. Also, on the description: "Coming to the Americas on PS3 and PS4 in 2015"

Xenoflare

I'm a bit dissappointed with the lack of Atlus' marketing push with Persona. Just not too long ago when that Atlus thread opened, with the new website, people were surprised when they saw that it said it is coming in 2015. It's been that way for months now, and it's no news. However the fact that they keep quiet about it, for those who never tried to visit the english website when it launched, they wouldn't even know that it is slated for this year. I get that Persona is a game that doesn't need to be shown to sell, but at least give people a reassurance, something to work with.

EDIT: Surely enough after I posted I see this, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjSHjAoQty4

Same trailer, but in English. Also, on the description: "Coming to the Americas on PS3 and PS4 in 2015"

They did not even bother to use localized assets.

Plus Laura Bailey is not voicing Rise in DAN. I'm feeling salty :/

I still can't wrap my head around P4D, even as a Persona fan. Just so silly lol.

As for P5, I am betting on a December release. If they really stick to the 2015 thing.

Well E3 this year is garbage seeing as I'm not buying a PS4 until I can get one for 80$ in 8 years.

Don't care about NieR, don't care about Shenmue, don't care about KH3, don't care about TLG, etc. etc.

Bethesda conference is still the best followed by MS due to the madness of a 360 emulator.

incpdo

Well E3 this year is garbage seeing as I'm not buying a PS4 until I can get one for 80$ in 8 years.

Don't care about NieR, don't care about Shenmue, don't care about KH3, don't care about TLG, etc. etc.

Bethesda conference is still the best followed by MS due to the madness of a 360 emulator.
Wow. You should stay with the pc. I mean idk what do you like about PlayStation if you didn't like anything of the clearly best conference of all. I mean. Microsoft put a nice conference and the inafune game is interesting , everything else was expected. Nintendo didn't do a bad conference either , that star fox is interesting too but there was no mega announcement. Ffvii , shenmue 3 last guardian were almost all the people was expecting and they delivered. Idk. Gamers don't have the ability to enjoy anything without complaining anymore. It is depressing me to see this never ending and utopic vision of the gamers today.

Xenoflare

So sad there is no persona 5 on Vita, I mean after the success of p4g.

Every single Persona game up until this point has a portable port.

They all happened a few years later after the release so I won't be too pessimistic.

However I don't know if Vita is the platform. I don't know it can hold out for that long.

Kudo

Looking at P4D pre-order pages I'd assume it's english dub only? They change voice actors and don't even give us dual audio Arena had, might be a Dance I'm going to miss now.

Xenoflare

Looking at P4D pre-order pages I'd assume it's english dub only? They change voice actors and don't even give us dual audio Arena had, might be a Dance I'm going to miss now.

Japanese Rise and Teddie is god awful. I'd rather stick with the new dub than to hear that

Plus Arena is the anamoly. The only Atlus game that had full dual audio

Wow. You should stay with the pc. I mean idk what do you like about PlayStation if you didn't like anything of the clearly best conference of all. I mean. Microsoft put a nice conference and the inafune game is interesting , everything else was expected. Nintendo didn't do a bad conference either , that star fox is interesting too but there was no mega announcement. Ffvii , shenmue 3 last guardian were almost all the people was expecting and they delivered. Idk. Gamers don't have the ability to enjoy anything without complaining anymore. It is depressing me to see this never ending and utopic vision of the gamers today.

FFVII is a massively overrated games that will undoubtedly be ruined by modern SE.

Shenmue is a kickstarter (and a poorly constructed one with minimal detail as to how the hell they're going to actually make such a massive game with the funding allotted) of a series that I have never gotten in to.

Last Guardian looks like it's 8 years old. Because it is. The art style is not very congruous and the technical flaws are further exacerbating the issue.

All three of these games are effectively meme status and yet poeple seem to have forgotten why these games didn't exist for so long. They all have big issues whether financial, on a gameplay level, or in development hell.

As far as the beginning of your post, I largely do stick to my PC. But I also have a vita. And I love seeing good games -- something Bethesda and Microsoft showed me. Most of the 'megatons' that Sony dropped I am less than confident in as detailed. Thus, it makes perfect sense that their conference would be hugely disappointing to me.

PS. 360 BC is anything but expected. That's still the coolest thing at E3.

I liked Sony's stuff, but nothing that screams run out and buy a PS4 before 2017.

Coolest thing to me might be that Zelda co-op game. LBW killed it and I'm a massive fan of Four Swords Adventures.

Zelda co-op game looked pretty fun on the treehouse stream. Definitely in the vein of Four Swords.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I liked Sony's stuff, but nothing that screams run out and buy a PS4 before 2017.

Coolest thing to me might be that Zelda co-op game. LBW killed it and I'm a massive fan of Four Swords Adventures.

incpdo

FFVII is a massively overrated games that will undoubtedly be ruined by modern SE.

Shenmue is a kickstarter (and a poorly constructed one with minimal detail as to how the hell they're going to actually make such a massive game with the funding allotted) of a series that I have never gotten in to.

Last Guardian looks like it's 8 years old. Because it is. The art style is not very congruous and the technical flaws are further exacerbating the issue.

All three of these games are effectively meme status and yet poeple seem to have forgotten why these games didn't exist for so long. They all have big issues whether financial, on a gameplay level, or in development hell.

As far as the beginning of your post, I largely due stick to my PC. But I also have a vita. And I love seeing good games -- something Bethesda and Microsoft showed me. Most of the 'megatons' that Sony dropped I am less than confident in as detailed. Thus, it makes perfect sense that their conference would be hugely disappointing to me.

PS. 360 BC is anything but expected. That's still the coolest thing at E3.
I don't get why you stay in consoles with this line of thought sincerely. Ffvii is hardly at all overrated for me. It's in fact a game that changed how games were made back then. I'm 30 years old and as a jrpg fan I cannot see ffvii below the 10 greatest jrpgs of all time. I have played and finished lots of jrpgs and I can tell at the moment the game came out there was nothing at all even comparable in the genre. Issues with gameplay yeah sure is a 20 years old game and it is a jrpg game with all that implies , but a remake will probably fix that or try too at least. What genres do you like on Vita , do you like jrpgs at all? We should start there. Yeah final fantasy is massive and " mainstream " right now . shenmue was one of those games that was too well done for its time.it was ahead of its time and was simply great one of the best if not the best experience of the Dreamcast. Now last guardian I can accept it is a new prince of Persia following the scheme of ico and doesn't do anything new. But seriously . ffvii overrated? Mmm you should replay it man.
PD: so you like a Zelda game that is a copy paste of the last Zelda game that came out on 3ds but you call massively overrated to the game that changed jrpgs forever at its time...mm idk man .

incpdo

FF VII also might realistically take 3 years to come out. Possibly longer.
Yes I agree with that. But the fact they are working on it , its cool enough. And I will be playing persona 5 and ff xv . so that's OK with me plus I have a hell of a backlog in my Vita .

RK128

Watched the Nintendo and Square shows...and they were very solid :).

Square did a much better job then I was expecting; just Kingdom Hearts 3 and a few trailers for their Edios tittles but nope, they did more then that :D.

The Edios games were treated with a lot of respect, with Tomb Raider, Just Cause, Hitman and others getting on-stage treatment and their JP side was well executed too. Nier 2 being done by Platinum games is simpliy amazing, Star Ocean looks solid and the fact they have a new team working on something is promising.

And of course, KH3 looks amazing; such vivid color and detail in that gameplay, with the attraction attacks looking fun to use, the flow-motion from 3D is back in a much stronger fashion and I love how dynamic the combat is. The introduction to the Tangled world is great, Olympus looks greatly expanded compared to its prior appearances and Twilight Town looks amazing. Overall great trailer and I can't wait to see more of the game :D.

This isn't a Nintendo thread, so I won't go into great detail on them, but I liked what I saw for there 3DS support; lots of new games being announced for the console and I like what they have in store for that new Four Swords-inspired Zelda. Star Fox also looked great and what they had for Mario Maker made me really happy. Not their best show (what they did to Metroid is.....something :l; not even close to Other M in terms of pissing me off, but I am disappointed Next Level isn't making a 2.5D tittle :l) but it was enjoyable throughout.

This E3 in general was great, as it gave announcements things that we dreamed of alongside doing things that really show gamers wants (demos being shown off on consoles instead of PCs, demos/trailers ensuring this is running on a system, the people at the conferences fully aware of the crap they pulled in 2014, and Microsoft doing something with Rare through that Rare Replay Collection and bringing the baby steps of 360 compatablity to X1.

I'll organize this a bit since your comment is a bit scattered.
I don't get why you stay in consoles with this line of thought sincerely.
I generally don't. I play my older consoles -- mostly PSX, PS2, NGC, and GB -- and my PC. However, I have no issue with console gaming. I would buy a PS4 or a XBO if I felt there were enough games on those consoles that I wanted to play that would warrant getting a console for. None of the big games Sony showed qualify. Not only because 2 of them are on PC, but because -- as I stated prior -- I don't think those games will measure up to the hype that you and others have built.
Ffvii is hardly at all overrated for me. It's in fact a game that changed how games were made back then. I'm 30 years old and as a jrpg fan I cannot see ffvii below the 10 greatest jrpgs of all time. I have played and finished lots of jrpgs and I can tell at the moment the game came out there was nothing at all even comparable in the genre. Issues with gameplay yeah sure is a 20 years old game and it is a jrpg game with all that implies , but a remake will probably fix that or try too at least.
I, too, have played quite a few JRPGs. And yet FFVII doesn't really register to me as being the monolith of RPG game design that people herald it as. The fact that you knew "the moment the game came out" that it would be one of the top JRPGs to date just reconfirms to me that the hype around this game is built upon rose-tinted glasses.

Additionally, my concerns about the remake are not about the game being dated, but the catch-22 that square is in when it comes to remaking a classic turn-based RPG. If they keep the original combat systems and mechanics, the game will almost certainly fall flat with modern audiences. Flip side is that if they change the combat to something more modern, it better be really fucking good because a huge number of fans will be pissed.

What genres do you like on Vita , do you like jrpgs at all? We should start there.
I play everything that looks interesting on my Vita. Danganronpa, Persona, Ys, Toukiden, EDF, Tearaway, whatever. I'm not locked in to certain genres. Yes, I enjoy JRPGs, though I find the Vita's offerings are rather weak so I tend to stick to the PSX and PSP offerings.
Yeah final fantasy is massive and " mainstream " right now . shenmue was one of those games that was too well done for its time.it was ahead of its time and was simply great one of the best if not the best experience of the Dreamcast. Now last guardian I can accept it is a new prince of Persia following the scheme of ico and doesn't do anything new. But seriously . ffvii overrated? Mmm you should replay it man.
We're clearly going to disagree on this whole thing so I'm not gonna bother reiterating.
PD: so you like a Zelda game that is a copy paste of the last Zelda game that came out on 3ds but you call massively overrated to the game that changed jrpgs forever at its time...mm idk man .
It changed fundamental systems within the game, but that isn't the point.

I can't even wrap my head around what you're point is here. I think one games looks interesting and fun, and another game doesn't so you're calling my taste in to question? Lmao
FF VII also might realistically take 3 years to come out. Possibly longer.
With how many projects that section of SE seems to have going on, 3 years might even be on the low end.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
3 years is assuming they've got someone external working on the game like CC2. If SE is doing the whole project internally I'd expect it in Nevermeber 2024 on the PS5.

3 years is assuming they've got someone external working on the game like CC2. If SE is doing the whole project internally I'd expect it in Nevermeber 2024 on the PS5.
Pretty much lol...

is there more info on that CC2 rumour?
And everything was Platinum.
This is actually one of the things I'm most happy about this E3. I look forward to Platinum having more success this gen. Cautiously optimistic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still don't get this everything was Platinum joke. They're on what, 2 games, plus the one announced last year. They've been doing 3-4 games at a time since they first formed.

incpdo

I don't like the extremes so I'm not extremely positive over gaming news but i think ignorance and pessimism is what destroys the industry little by little. It's like a cancer of the internet society and its what makes things we love fall. Yes there is also bad management from the companies but I feel today with all the potential there is out there waiting to be exploited , this is damaging not only lots and lots of proyects but the industry itself turning all the games into the same generic 1080p and 60fps tasteless action game. Of course I'm not talking about the whole industry but the percentage its rising. Idk what will be of the industry in the 2030, maybe there will be no consoles or AAA games but a community of f2p games waiting for your wallet to fall empty.

Hikami

I was hyped for P4D but it's been hitting all the wrong notes lately.. just going to wait for it to drop in price and pick it up later at this point to be honest.

Vylash

not getting p4d at launch because i'm not supporting the atlus tax bullshit, but as much as i love laura bailey her not being in won't hamper my eventual enjoyment of it

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not even the Atlus tax that bugs me, more that I can wait a year and get the game for 15 bucks. Back in the day I wanted shit right now but with my backlog I won't get to a game like P4D until 2017 anyways, so might as well get it for 15.

pariah164

There was a schedule conflict. It's not anyone's fault. From what I heard, the new VA is pretty decent. I'm not gonna complain; still a Day One for me because I love rhythm games, and I love Persona 4. With this and Project Mirai, September is full of sick beats.

Shizuka

Now that everything has sinked in, I have one most anticipated game for the rest of 2015:
Corpse Party: Blood Drive.

Hikami

Those trailers have stuff we've mostly seen already but.. holy shit Re:Hollow Fragment is 60fps!? so smooth.
Pretty sure they didn't show it at 60fps in the first trailer unless I'm remembering wrong.
Why is everyone so salty about this? Laura Bailey's schedule conflicted with ATLUS', and that's why she's not involved. It's still going to be a great game.
that's only part of the reason I'm salty.. Naoto's VA change in Persona Q did end up detracting from the game for me. I would've still bought it regardless but the way atlus is handling P4D's pricing and all makes me just want to wait for a price drop. $50 and it comes with some lame skin.. then the LE has more stuff I'm not interested in, besides like the soundtrack.. and I'm not paying $40 extra just for that.

Those trailers have stuff we've mostly seen already but.. holy shit Re:Hollow Fragment is 60fps!? so smooth.
Pretty sure they didn't show it at 60fps in the first trailer unless I'm remembering wrong.

Yeah they didn't, which is good since the game just seems to be upscaled. The game was already gorgeous on the Vita, all they had to do really was up-res everything and brush some stuff up.

Why is everyone so salty about this? Laura Bailey's schedule conflicted with ATLUS', and that's why she's not involved. It's still going to be a great game.

My problem with the game isn't the actors or the price, it's just how silly it is. I mean, sure Persona games aren't the most grounded things ever, but they made sense. This to me makes no sense lol.

pariah164

Oooh, spoopy, so spoopy, I'm so frightened.

Oh, I'm completely joking. Nothing comes between me and a good handheld rhythm game.
Hell yeah. It looks sweet.

My problem with the game isn't the actors or the price, it's just how silly it is. I mean, sure Persona games aren't the most grounded things ever, but they made sense. This to me makes no sense lol.
And P4A wasn't silly at all?

So... What are the odds stuff gets announced for Vita during the week of E3? Weren't some announcements made after the press conference last year?

I was especially looking forward to a ton of indie stuff during the Sony conference, but they didn't seem to have nearly as much as last year. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong though.

Edit TOTP: I've been playing through Shovel Knight on the Vita and the game is amazing. Great platforming with some minimal RPG elements and easy enough for somebody that isn't very good but can be made more challenging by simple game play mechanics!

Top Bottom