• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is when platform holders create remasters it's used as a way to prop up an exclusive game line up. Instead of creating more first party games the companies are just relying on old games to sell the consoles.

I don't know about that. Their first party studios are still working on their games. If anything, it allows those studios to not have to rush their games to the market, when remasters fill up the calendar year.

Problem is when platform holders create remasters it's used as a way to prop up an exclusive game line up. Instead of creating more first party games the companies are just relying on old games to sell the consoles.
So without the NDC, Bluepoint would have created a new IP for Sony? (Answer: No!)
Or: Now with the NDC, one of Sony's 1st Party Studios has stopped working on a 1st Party game? (Answer: No!)

?

(Answer: No, you still get the same amount of 1st Party Games + you get a collection of Uncharted games for your PS4)

ps3ud0

So without the NDC, Bluepoint would have created a new IP for Sony? (Answer: No!)
Or: Now with the NDC, one of Sony's 1st Party Studios has stopped working on a 1st Party game? (Answer: No!)

?

(Answer: No, you still get the same amount of 1st Party Games + you get a collection of Uncharted games for your PS4)
Just realised it should have just been called Uncharted: The Naughty Dog Collection

I really HATE the current subtitle - so stupid...

ps3ud0 8)

The more I think about how much I've enjoyed these games the more I want this, I'd happily sit and play through all three right now.

Although I'm in the minority here I absolutely loved the first game and completed it many, many times. It's constituent parts may not be anything new but the overall experience of that massive summer blockbuster film has only been matched by it's own sequels.

I'm just running through all those experiences in the trilogy that really wowed me, surprised me or made me chuckle and although the announcement was almost inevitable I'm so very happy to know that this is definitely happening. So many good memories of this series and although none of the games are particularly lengthy, I've spent crazy amount of time playing the three of them.

I don't care what it's called, I don't care abut the cover, I don't care if they don't include the multiplayer, if this goes up on the PSN at full price I'll be pre-ordering it the instant it goes up.

I'm in the same boat. Every so often i get burnt out on games and I always pop the UC games in to refresh. It's like watching a brainless, entertaining summer action movie that you have seen before, but love every time you watch.

I don't know about that. Their first party studios are still working on their games. If anything, it allows those studios to not have to rush their games to the market, when remasters fill up the calendar year.

?

Let's say UC4 is 8 months out, and UC collection is 4 months out. With the collection, UC4 comes out when it does, and then we get another game 10 months from when UC4 comes out, and so forth. If this gen lasts for another 28 months, that means we would get two more games and then eight months into another game for the next console. On the other hand, if UC collection doesn't come out, that lights a fire under Sony's ass as they don't have a big tentpole title for the PS4. They push UC4 to come out in 6 months instead, and then another 10 months for each title afterwards. We end up getting an extra game this gen. Whether that's what you want or not, I can't say, but to say that putting out a collection doesn't prevent other 1P titles from being made is not correct. And yes, this is a very simplified and very speculative scenario, the same concept carries over into the real world.

Then don't post on a fucking remake thread? Remasters ain't taking new ganes away breh

It's my opinion, so I can post. Stop trying to be so edgy. And my thought process is resources get taken away either with bandwidth from the team or capital to have an outside group make the remake.

JP

I'm in the same boat. Every so often i get burnt out on games and I always pop the UC games in to refresh. It's like watching a brainless, entertaining summer action movie that you have seen before, but love every time you watch.
I loved the Uncharted 4 gameplay reveal as it illustrated the expanded levels and how that changed the gameplay but it was quite a subtle video. I think at E3 they'll show something far more like we expect from Uncharted, it'll be big, brash, colourful, loud and it will probably finish with something so big that it will really show what the PS4 is capable of.

I think these games would look fantastic at 1080/60 without any improvements to the models and textures. This is one of Digital Foundry's captures from the third game...
http://images.eurogamer.net/2011/articles//a/1/4/1/8/3/2/8/Lighting_000.bmp.jpg (Link to Eurogamer)

The textures there and through much of the games don't need to be improved but I'm glad they're doing it where it's needed as well as improving things like lighting. I really do think that these remasters will stand up against a lot of the PS4 and One games that are currently available.

Although it wasn't done on a PS4, it wasn't done in real-time and I remember how good this 60fps gameplay segment that Naughty Dog produced looked at the time.
Rare Uncharted 3 PS3 60fps Gameplay from Naughty Dog

Someone just needs to leak this now.

18260098858_8ee1f08e29_b.jpg

Gimme this by the end of E3 and E3 time will have been off to a great start for me between UC Collection and GR.

Second Son was an absolute blast to play! Here's hoping if Sucker Punch does another one they up the scale and the narrative a bit. That would be one hell of a game!

On Topic: My body is soooo ready to replay the Uncharted games

Yeah, and it was even more or less a "launch game", can't wait to see what they do with their second PS4 game.

hawk2025

Let's say UC4 is 8 months out, and UC collection is 4 months out. With the collection, UC4 comes out when it does, and then we get another game 10 months from when UC4 comes out, and so forth. If this gen lasts for another 28 months, that means we would get two more games and then eight months into another game for the next console. On the other hand, if UC collection doesn't come out, that lights a fire under Sony's ass as they don't have a big tentpole title for the PS4. They push UC4 to come out in 6 months instead, and then another 10 months for each title afterwards. We end up getting an extra game this gen. Whether that's what you want or not, I can't say, but to say that putting out a collection doesn't prevent other 1P titles from being made is not correct. And yes, this is a very simplified and very speculative scenario, the same concept carries over into the real world.

...this makes no sense, sorry.

VFBzC88.gif

It's my opinion, so I can post. Stop trying to be so edgy. And my thought process is resources get taken away either with bandwidth from the team or capital to have an outside group make the remake.

Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean it can't be wrong and uninformed. This remaster isn't taking away any resources from Uncharted 4. And if anything, it's providing even more money to Sony/ND. Remasters are cheap and easy to make, and something as popular as Uncharted will most definitely bring in a few million in profit, which can be invested into Uncharted 4.

...this makes no sense, sorry.

What's so hard to understand? With the UC collection, UC4 comes out at a certain time, and that's how things work. Without it, it's pushed up slightly, definitely not to when UC collection comes out, but still slightly sooner so that there's a smaller gap than if it had come out at the time it was previously going to come out, and because less time is spent here, everything afterwards gets pushed up the amount of time UC4 is pushed up. Let's say it comes out say in December, then work starts on the next game in earnest in Feb-March. If it's pushed up to, say, October, then work begins on the next game in Dec-Jan., and that carries on to every other game that that studio would make, which means that there's a good chance of at least one more game coming out during this gen, for this console. This simplifies reality by just assuming each game takes the same amount of time to come out, and it removes outside factors, but the same principle still applies.

What's so hard to understand? With the UC collection, UC4 comes out at a certain time, and that's how things work. Without it, it's pushed up slightly, definitely not to when UC collection comes out, but still slightly sooner so that there's a smaller gap than if it had come out at the time it was previously going to come out, and because less time is spent here, everything afterwards gets pushed up the amount of time UC4 is pushed up. Let's say it comes out say in December, then work starts on the next game in earnest in Feb-March. If it's pushed up to, say, October, then work begins on the next game in Dec-Jan., and that carries on to every other game that that studio would make, which means that there's a good chance of at least one more game coming out during this gen, for this console. This simplifies reality by just assuming each game takes the same amount of time to come out, and it removes outside factors, but the same principle still applies.
If the collection didn't exist, Naughty Dog would still release the game when it's absolutely ready and meets their lofty goals. This series is near and dear to their hearts and they want to do it justice. Especially if it's their last game in the franchise.

They wouldn't rush it, and even less so now that the PS4 is selling as well as it's doing right now, and has unrivalled third party support.

.... sorry, this makes no sense at all.

.... sorry, this makes no sense at all.

The collection has no bearing on when 4 comes out. And I don't know why you think we're going to get a game from them every 10 months. You're not really making sense. I mean, you sort of are, but you're also not. Makes sense?

MoxManiac

I might bite if they are 60fps (1080p is a given). Don't care about the throwaway multiplayer, so it's fine with me if they leave it out.

The collection has no bearing on when 4 comes out. And I don't know why you think we're going to get a game from them every 10 months. You're not really making sense. I mean, you sort of are, but you're also not. Makes sense?

I find it hard to believe that if there wasn't a collection, ND wouldn't be under more pressure to deliver UC4 sooner rather than later in order to fill the holes in Sony's 1P lineup.It's been moved from an unofficial (fan-speculated?) 2014 release date to 2015 to now early 2016.

Heel

IAtnHxS.jpg

Justified

I find it hard to believe that if there wasn't a collection, ND wouldn't be under more pressure to deliver UC4 sooner rather than later in order to fill the holes in Sony's 1P lineup.It's been moved from an unofficial (fan-speculated?) 2014 release date to 2015 to now early 2016.

Because ND has delayed their games to get them right for no other reason at all (The Last of Us was delayed)

So having the collection not come out would not make them release it any sooner. They will take all the time they need (and more) regardless.

?

Great post john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom